General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 2 + 1 of 840

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jul 2016 21:55

Shaun at first I thought you said our Jem was careering round in the buff. Obviously need to go to spec savers :-D

Sylvia, enjoy your time with your daughter, nice to have her to yourself for a while.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 17 Jul 2016 19:54

Booooooooooooooooooooooo from the cave :-)

Will read back again my friends, hope you are all ok or okish <3

Hot of the press, rumor as it that our Jem as been cavorting round the Bluff and drinking cider just like we farmers :-0 :-D <3

night night
shaun

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Jul 2016 21:21

Jem ............... Happy Birthday xxx

I hope you're having a great day

Yvonne ..... sorry to hear that you had that nasty experience, but glad OH is better.

That happened to us 2 years ago ............... we were staying with our niece, OH got an incredible pain, one he's had off and on for several years but no-one has got to the bottom of (not heart!). Niece insisted he go to the hospital, they gave him morphine for the pain and several tests .... and diagnosed the problem. It was a great little rural hospital!!

Ann ............ enjoy your time with family. Our daughter arrives tomorrow for 6 days with us, leaving OH and son back home :-D

Von ...... good for your son!

Sallie ..... nice to see you posting again xxx

Shaun .............. glad you found a carer that OH didn't mind. Take care

Take care everyone

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Jul 2016 20:44

We are at sons this weekend, between us we have four birthdays in three weeks so have just been out for a meal then a walk round a lake. Oh almost literally bit off more than he could chew ordering a large fish and chips, I ordered a regular. None of us had been there before. Well on OH's plate were two huge pieces of fish, my one piece was large enough and I had way too many chips. It was all very nice though and good to be with the family. We don't see them that often and a plus was grandson is home from uni.

Nive avatar Jem. Hope you have had a lovely birthday.

Yvonne sorry to hear about your OH's illness, it must have been worrying coming on so suddenly and being away from home. I am pleased he is ok now.

Shaun, glad you found a carer, even though it is expensive, at least it gives you peace of mind.

Von well done your son and his team for raising such a good sum of money.

Linda thank you for news of Tec, if he wants to go home I hope care can be put in place for him.

For those of you who have said, thanks for remarks re photos. :-) <3

SugarandSpice

SugarandSpice Report 16 Jul 2016 11:19

Morning all, Sun is shining in a blue sky with lots of fluffy white clouds around at the moment.

Jem, Happy birthday girl, I hope you get spoilt rotten today. Now you are making me feel envious having lots of cuddles from your newest little one. Yes, I had a great time with the boys we get on very well. My Pembroke Dock Gt. Grandfather seems to change his job on 2 census records also not sure whether he had 2 or 3 wives as on 2 census records his 2nd wife's name changes. Not an easy man to track properly. Maybe going to the family history fair in October will help.

Von, Well done your son and friends. Husband seems to be back to normal now,. Not an experience I want to repeat for either of us him being in pain 24 hours once the pain stopped we knew he was going to be OK. For me having to change hotels Good job I am an independent just get on with it type. . You are so right about having the little ones to yourself they learn how you do things and you get to know them a little better. Great fun.

Shaun, My husband doesn't do a boogie it's only me that boogies. My moves are also without the help of alcohol I might add. He is fine by the way. He is hoping that the insurance will cover my stay at the 2nd hotel. If they don't there will be tears before bedtime.

To everyone else ~~~~~~~ Bye for now.

Von

Von Report 15 Jul 2016 19:16

Linda - thank you again for letting us know about Tec. I do hope he is able to come home.
Sending - <3 <3 <3

S&S - Sorry to hear that your husband was poorly. I do hope he is fully recovered now. Really pleased to hear you had a good holiday with the boys.
One of our grandsons stayed with us last week-end on his own which was a first. It was good to have him on his own and have time to talk to him.

Jem - Happy Birthday for tomorrow. Good to have birthdays that last a while.

Ann - thank you for sharing the photos. Lovely to see your garden.

Shaun - please take care. Glad to hear your Mum is still wagging her finger at you.
Some one has to keep you in order ;-) ;-) ;-)

Thank you my son did well with his run and raised over £1200 for the society. They were a team of 7 all friends of his.
Take care
<3 Von

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 15 Jul 2016 16:00

Good Afternoon my lovely Friends :-) :-) :-) <3

Thankyou Shaun for my lovely Birthday thread and eCard :-) :-) <3 <3
and Thank you all for my Birthday wishes:-) <3
However .... it's actually on SATURDAY 16th :-D ... but never mind, all the longer to celebrate ;-) ;-)

Well I'm £80+ worse off since yesterday!
My microwave blew up during the week. It was like white lightning inside it!
I can't really complain, cos it was more than 25 years old:-D
I managed to get a new one yesterday and also a couple of tops in the sales.

Had lovely lovely hugs from "SuperBaby" <3 on Wednesday night, as the three of them came up for the evening. How he's grown already!

:-)Shaun
Hoping everything is ok or okish with you and M, and you are managing to find some help.
Hope your Mum is still wagging her finger .... always a good sign :-)

((((((( TEC and Daughter ))))))) <3 xxx

Thanks Linda:-)
or should I say LLYNDA :-D....I enjoyed your company for the footy:-)

:-) Ann,
I always love your photos, and as usual they are lovely!
Of your holiday photos I especially liked the one with the caption "taken from the patio of the whitewater Hotel at our timeshare"

Gorgeous pictures of the two boys, as well as Inara <3

Overgrown? ... Your garden ...it's like paradise! :-D :-D :-D :-D

:-)S&S
Great to see you back :-)
I'm sorry your hubby was taken ill. I hope he's on the mend again :-)
You sound like you had a brilliant time with the Grandchildren :-)

I also had tree members that moved to Pembroke Dock from North Pembrokeshire. One became a policeman and eventually the family moved to Yorkshire.
I had contact a while ago from my father's 3rd Cousin who lives in Ilkley in Yorkshire. He was able to provide a maiden name for my 3X Great Grandmother which then led to lots of information for my tree!

:-)Von
I hope everything went well with your sons funrun, and that they managed to raise lots of money for the Brittle Bone Society. :-)

:-)Sallie
It was lovely to hear from you. I hope that you are doing ok, and come back to join us soon :-)

~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone not mentioned :-) :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 14 Jul 2016 22:58

Happy birthday for tomorrow Jem

I have heard from Tecs daughter. he is still in hospital and is still very ill, although he has been better for the last two days. he wants to come home, but he will need 24 care which she is trying to sort out.

I will keep updating everyone whenever I have news

Edit, happy birthday for Saturday Jem, Shaun has been at the mushrooms and confusing us again

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 14 Jul 2016 16:20

<3 IT WILL BE OUR JEMS BIRTHDAY TOMORROW<3

<3 SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEM<3

<3 HOPE YOU ARE ABLE TO ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY<3

<3 LOVE FROM HIM IN THE CAVE <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 14 Jul 2016 16:18

Hello Everyone.

Firstly thank you Linda for letting us know about our Tec going into hospital, oh dear I do hope they can help Tec with his breathing . Please give him our love and best wishing next time you talk to him or his daughter.

How is London treating you Linda, plenty of shopping in Oxford Street or was it Pettycoat Lane, they do say that shopping can be theraputic :-)

Jem and Ann thank you for sharing your lovely photos I had a peep at them all this afternoon:-)

Sallie I hope things are improving for you and for Alun , it’s lovely to see you post Thank you for your pm with all your news:-)

Von how are you in sun city? How did your exhibitions go? I think you said on here that you were getting items ready to take:-)

Barbra great to see you post, hope you are finding loads of info for your family tree:-)

Sugarandspice sorry to read that your OH was taken ill during your holidays, hope things have settled down now and you are both doing a boogie. My pom poms are in the cellar until the rugby starts:-)

Brenda it sounds as if you have had your hands full and been busy busy, don’t over do it:-)

Mersey,Hazel,Bethan,Sue,AnnCardiff,Sylvia,hope you are all ok:-)

It’s been a hectic week trying to get to my appointments and OHs and also visiting Mum who is not to bad at the moment well the index finger is working ok:-)

OH had 2 appopiontments and refused to go to one of them , I had 2 and had to get private sitters in for OH while I was away and also the day she would not go to an appointment which turned out to be 11 hours of sitting over the 3 days £>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>very expensive but I was happy that she was safe while I was away so to cover the next sitting which as been arranged I’m going busking :-0 NO HELP as yet from the health athorities, had letter back and was turned down so have appealed agaist there findings.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<3 to Everyone take care and be good like meeeeeeeeeeeeeee:-)
Shaun

SugarandSpice

SugarandSpice Report 14 Jul 2016 12:00

Right you lot I am back I hope you were on your best behaviour while I was away.
June into early July has been busy. We spent a week-end away with the family and celebrated one grandchild's birthday that week-end. Lovely. We had our 2 grandsons with us in a caravan for the first time on their own without Mum and Dad it worked out very well. Will do it again. Following week went and spent a night with our granddaughters while Mum and Dad went to a pop concert. Which they thoroughly enjoyed. Can't remember if I have already told you this if I have ignore it. Now comes the part of the month that didn't work out as well, We had arranged to meet friends at a hotel for a week-end away from Friday to Monday. On |Monday we were going to go on to another holiday cottage fort he rest of the week After feeling queasy all day Saturday my husband became ill enough for me to have to call the 111 service which in our case were brilliant, after many questions they spoke to a professional who advised he should be admitted to hospital. This was about 7.30a.m. Ambulance crew arrived in minutes they too were excellent. by 8.00 to 815a.m.ish, he was being taken to hospital. Bang goes our week away as I had to stay in the area in a different hotel from the Monday until the Thursday when he was discharged. Luckily we were able to get a new holiday home for a week. where he could take it easy and recuperate. Another life experience.

Jem, Well done our boys no matter what Piers Morgan says (miserable old wotsit). They deserved their coming home parade.

GlossyAnn, Photos as per the norm are good.

Linda, I hope Tec is as comfortable as they can make him. Pass on my good wishes to him.

Von, How did your son don in the 10k run?

Sallie, Keep on posting when you can. I like to hear how you are getting on. Sending positive thoughts. Take it one day at a time. Each day that passes is one day nearer to beating this horrible illness.

Bethan, How are you doing?

Shaun, Last but not least. Put the pom poms away for a while at least. How are you getting on with organising help for O.H. I didn't realise it was 3 years since Sandie died, where does the time go.

Bye for now.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 14 Jul 2016 11:46

Boooooooooooooo from the cave.

just got home will try and read back later.

Hope you are all ok been thinking of you all on my travels<3

shaun

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jul 2016 12:43

I have just put a few photos on the blog of our very overgrown garden. So much rain alternated with hot sun has forced the growth on. It looks colourful but untidy. :-D

Five minutes ago it was lovely here blue sky and sun, I thought I'd just put the photos on the blog then go and sit in the garden for a while. Guess what, it is chucking it down now, talk about April showers!

Barbra

Barbra Report 11 Jul 2016 12:34

Hello All .don't come on much .doing family tree I am sorry to read about Tecs Duchess .sad news .RIP .& dear Tec who was always a gentleman on OZ thread & whenever he called in other threads .Prayers & a Big ((((((HUG)))) Love To All Barbra <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 10 Jul 2016 22:54

WELL .... AT LEAST WE CAN SAY THAT WE WERE BEATEN BY THE EURO CHAMPS 2016 :-D :-D :-D :-D

~~~~~~ to Everyone <3 <3 <3

Von

Von Report 10 Jul 2016 20:25

Sallie - good to see you posting.

I've been to sunny London town today to watch my son run in the London 10k. He had recruited a group of friends to run with him for the Brittle Bone Society.
My little grandson has brittle bone disease so it's a cause dear to our hearts.

The roads around Westminster were closed to traffic for the run so it was really pleasant to walk about without having to watch out for traffic. St.James's park has some beautiful flower beds with unusual plant combinations

~~~~~~~~~ to anyone looking in
Thinking of Tec <3 <3 <3
Take care
<3 Von

Sallie

Sallie Report 10 Jul 2016 18:37

Ann, it's nice to know that there is someone else on the boards at that time of the morning with me. Jem,it was a nice surprise to see your reply so soon after I posted....good to know that we are not alone. :-) :-)

Shaun, thank you for your birthday wishes,it was great to get your pm. I hope that all is going along okay for you, M and your mum. I have sent you a pm and given you a bit of news about all that has happened here over the last few weeks.Hope you get it okay.

Thinking about you all and your families and hope that all is well with everyone.

Also thinking of Tec and his family.

Will try and post again soon, as soon as I can get my head ' in gear ' , to be able to write a decent message. Not too easy some days, I'm afraid. lolol!!!

Take care everyone.

Love, Sallie.xx <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jul 2016 10:40

I think you two Jem and Sallie are doing the night shift!!

As I said on Mo's thread Sallie, good to see you on here. <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 10 Jul 2016 02:35

Lovely to hear from you Sallie :-)

I think of you often and hope you are doing ok <3

Sallie

Sallie Report 10 Jul 2016 02:31

Hello everyone, it's a very long time since I have been on GR....hope that you and your families are all okay. Will try and 'chat' to you again soon.

Sorry to hear about Tec, I hope that he is comfortable and he will be able to go home again soon. I loved reading his posts on here and on other threads, his tales were always enjoyable.
Thinking of him, his daughter and family. Lynda, thank you for updating us with the news from his daughter.

Take care everyone.

Love, Sallie. xx <3 <3