General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 2 + 1 of 633

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 15 Apr 2014 20:07

Hello You Lovely Lot :-) :-) :-)

Jude~~sorry to read about your sister going walk about, I just don't understand the care situation at this village, surly she should of been supervised .
For goodness sake don't say I'm as bad as Mersey :-0 :-0 :-0 ;-) ;-) she cannot help it she's a Liverpudlian :-) :-) ;-) ;-)

Bethan~~if you are able to look in, have a lovely holiday <3

Mersey~~ " WHAT " have I done " NOW " :-0 :-0
How old did you say you are????????????????? :-) :-) ;-) <3
I'm going to get in trouble again :-( :-(

Yvonne~~there are a lot of bugs doing the rounds at the moment and some of them take a lot of shaking off. Hope your back to full fettle soon :-)

Sallie~~I have sent you a email, I had 3 go's on Gr and they just would not attach .
Hope you can open them okay.

Tec~~you just have a lovely day at the garden centre tomorrow .
Will be looking out for your post with excitement :-) :-)

Von~~Diane~~AnninGlos~~Jem~~AnnCardiff~~Sylvia~~Hazel~~and anyone that pops in, hope you are all managing.

Must rest up now.

Take Care

Night Night

Shaun

Sallie

Sallie Report 15 Apr 2014 17:38

Hi Shaun, for some reason or other I can't answer your pm's , not sure why though.

Love, Sallie.xx

SilverBuddy

SilverBuddy Report 15 Apr 2014 13:54

Jude, Don't really know what to say. Problems seem to be piling up not getting better. You did say a while back that she might be able to transfer nearer to her son. Is that still on the cards?

Mersey. Glad to hear we have to lots of sparkling dust to make us happy.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 15 Apr 2014 13:49

Booooooooooooooo it's him offfffffffffff the mountain :-) :-) :-) :-)

Slow going to day folks.

Hope you are all okay.

will read back later, going to answer some PMs, the system had better be better and what it was yesterday or I will be sending a very strong email to someone :-) :-)

shaun

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 15 Apr 2014 13:35

Just a quickie.....l am fuming!!!!

Had various chats with sister this morning on the phone, she said she was going to walk into town, even left a message on my landline. l thought l had persuaded her not to.......

Vic was on his way to visit Phil (Auntie Jeans OH) and saw her walking over the bridge in town. He was at the traffic lights and then just carried onto Phils!! He phoned me from there to tell me about her. l then phoned the reception at the village where she lives....they said she had been in and said she was going for a walk.....but had been told not to stop her...NOT TO STOP HER....so l got hold of Vic and asked him to go find her, he even thought she was safe and ok!!!!. l eventually got her on mobile, she was in a coffee shop (now l know she gets bored and very lonely and by being in the coffee shop she was happy) and said she was fine. l suggested vic joined her, which he did but had to get her back for the carers visit at 12.15. These particular carers are a private company and are brilliant and have registered with sister social worker several issues of concern. Remember l said before the reception and maintenance men have done the same to their bosses.
So l rang the private company to warn them that she was about to return home with Vic and be prepared. They updated me on other issues...one being the taxi company they use to take her from A to B found her in the MIDDLE of the very road at the bottom of the drive where she lives....l dont think he could stop but reported it to the private company thank goodness.
l phone my nephews partner about something quite different and told him about sisters outing, he said "why you worried, leave her, she'll get back home if not she'll phone someone".......we have to go see him in a minute to deliver something, l so hope l keep my mouth shut.
l can sort of understand the receptionist not stopping her, she does'nt come under their umbrella of care (which is wrong but thats another issue), but they could have rung me or some f-in body..
So what with a sister that can't go out on her own, needs 24 hr care now, a husband that can't see the danger she could have been in (he knows all about the worrying issues we have), a care facility that can't care and a nephews partner that does'nt care either....l'm really piss'd off..

OK RANT OVER. off to see nephews partner now. l'm not driving... :-D :-D :-D :-D

jude x

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Apr 2014 12:59

Silver Buddy im never out of special sparkle dust :-D :-D :-D <3 Never worry , Smiley Dust is an added bonus now ;-)

SilverBuddy

SilverBuddy Report 15 Apr 2014 12:54

Hello all,

Beautiful day here today blue skies, sunshine and nice and blowy for the washing. No, I am not putting it out someone else will be doing that. Feeling bit better today will be glad when I don't have to update you on my state of health. Thanks for all the kind thoughts.

Mersey, Thanks for your kind wishes. Where's the fairy dust have you run out?

Jem, It will go and I will be my old self again. Maybe then I can stop being a moaning Minnie. Hey, did the girl friend like her tee shirt when she was given it? Poor lad having to deal with a girl friend at his age. Hope she treats him gently.

Von, Still waiting to know about the ducking, diving, bobbing and weaving.

Sallie, Am kicking this bug thing slowly. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Diane and Mersey, When you two get together don't forget I need to know all the gossip once you get back on here.

Shaun, Any snow? Wonder if you will have a second blooming of cherry blossom!

Tec, Wheelchair driving skills must be coming on apace now you have been home a while.

Hazel, You busy?

Jude, Sounds like Madoc is getting more settled if he's eating better. Boy are you busy sorting out and cleaning. Hope you get the garden sorted soon. Amazing isn't it how people think that they are entitled to use other peoples property in any way they want.

That's me done for now. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~to all not mentioned. Have a good day all.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Apr 2014 10:12

Ohhh missed Bethan, I hope she has a wonderful time. We love Las Vegas.

Jude no I don't play golf now, had a go 10 years back but it wasn't my thing. Sport rarely is Lol!!! But a golf T shirt is no different to a T shirt with a collar bought anywhere, just usually very expensive.

Beautiful day here, have to accompany OH to the dentist (he is as bad as me and hates it), then shopping at Tesco then back to do some more gardening I think. :-) :-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 15 Apr 2014 09:04

Morning everyone:)

Another beautiful day here, whats it like with you lot??

Bethan....you could be at your destination now, relax and enjoy, you deserve it girl :-)

AnnG...well...we know the utility people go through when checking the electric boxes and don;t ask, l have had to check a few times and ask what they are doing!!!
It is quite open to be honest, everytime the dog goes out we have to watch him. The front is fenced and there is a bush along the side but our workmen and Vic have pushed through parts and we now have GAPS, these are the gaps that the
neighbours are going to fill today...Vic just does'nt worry like me and will leave it.

Before we moved in people had been seen walking through into the woods, don't know why cause its a dead end and private lland and there is a notice art the beginning of our road to say no through road, but that just temps people even more me thinks. When we had the floods and the river was just flowing onto the grass, one or two cars turned up parked on the road outside our house where we park our car and the occupants took photo's of the river...obviously did'nt take any notice of the signs........grrrrr

CAN'T WAIT for the decking and fencing :-) :-D :-D

Hope everyone has a lovely day and take care all... ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~ to you ALL.. :-P :-P

jude XX

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Apr 2014 09:02

Good morning all..... :-D <3

Bethan have a fantastic time, we want all the gossip when you get back mind :-D ;-) <3

Silver Buddy hope you are feeling better soon :-)

Tec thinking of you and Duchess as always <3

Von keep smiling lovely <3

Shaun you are in big trouble!! you better watch out this Liverpudlian
wants mushrooms and abit more , I feel me waggy finger pertruding :-P :-P :-D

Jemilicious hope you daughter is feeling better and your Grandson had a lovely time camping :-D :-D :-D ;-)

~~~~~'s to Diane, Sallie, AnnG, AnnC, Jude and anyone else not mentioned <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 14 Apr 2014 23:24

Have a safe journey Bethan and a wonderful time :-) <3

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 14 Apr 2014 23:10

Evening all ,

Guess what ? I'm sunburnt from being down Mumbles lol :-0 :-D
Well I will be leaving Swansea at 2:15 am so not long now .

Leo is at his holiday place but not after putting up a fight !

Hope everyone behaves while I am away ;-) :-)

Viva Las Vegas !!!!

Bethan

<3 <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Apr 2014 22:07

Jude I will send you the link tomorrow as it is upstairs, remind me if I don't.

Were people actually walking through your garden? Don't you have anything to block the way with? I assume you are waiting for fencing to be done.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 14 Apr 2014 21:34

Evening everyone:)

Busy day busy day, but makes me feel good....completely spring cleaned the bedroom, although still have window sills outside todo, and sorted some boxes so l can get stuff under the bed.
Ordered a new Plastic shed for the stuff we can't get under the bed. All sheds and out building/cupboards have to be plastic, or concrete like our other one (abit small though), that holds the animal feed and gardening bits and bats.
Played about with a fabric easter egg....wound embroidery silks etc round a partially blown up balloon...its much too round though and l put soo many layers of glue/flour paste on that the balloon would'nt burst, took ages to pull/peel it all out...lol
A neighbour has very kindly offered to fill in the gaps (where Madoc can escape) with logs etc, also to stop members of the public wondering through our garden....l cried when l got indoor, such a relief...lol
We think we are going to use the last company re decking, meeting him on Thursday eve here,he's bringing samples and we have further plans for him using less fencing!!

Shaun....what lovely mates you have, did l say that before?. You and Mersey are a right pair of havocers..lol...did l see somewhere mentioned that your last hospital appointment was cancelled when you got there....AGAIN???

Jem...hope the grandkids are feeling better today, and hope you are resting whilst they are off fror Easter?

Talking of Jem.....our ducks (wild ones)Jim and Jem had 8 ducklings...now there are only 4...neighbours have seen Seagulls flying off with one in beak....GRRRR...and we have alot of Seagulls!!!

AnnG...can you send me a link to your photo blog please. Do you play golf? l ask cause you said you bought a golfing t-shirt??

Bethan...have you gone yet, can't remember if its happened or its Wed. Enjoy though and all the bestes with job application:)

Tec...sorry to read about your Duchess, but you know she is ok where she is and l'm sure she settles down again as soon as you have gone. This illness leaves us the relatives feeling guilty and sad, we should'nt feel like that, but we do, and most times the sick relative is oblivious of our feelings. Even my sister who can still make decisions and look after herself in some area's is oblivious how we and her friends are feeling/dealing with it. She does'nt even realise they all know she has dementia.

Madoc has eaten so well today, apart from his own meals one of which he left half of so l added some cooked chicken and rice to eat...whoosh gone in a flash!!..lol he's also had his bonio and carrot ;-) ;-)

Well l think its bed time to finish reading The Gentle Barn book :-)

l've started a Diet thread, can't remember what l've called it now...doh, but in it l talked about what we had for dinner this evening....l have a weight chart on wall, so hope l have lost abit by the end of the week.....12st is far too much for me :-| :-|

~~~~~~ to everyone not mentioned...xx
Nite nite

jude xx

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 14 Apr 2014 20:23

Hello Everyone:-))))))))))))))))))

Jem~~hope your grandchildren will be fighting fit soon:-)))))
Sounds as if you have been very busy on your computer sorting your files:-))))

Bethan~~I'm very chuffed for you:-)))) your dream is in-sight:-)))))
You just have a lovely holiday, relax, wind-down and most important enjoy yourself:-))))

Jude~~are you behaving? :-)) “ ME CAUSING HAVOC “ what a thing to say :-(((((:-))))))
You should know “ Mersey “ causes the havoc :-)))))) now I'm in trouble:-((((((:-))))))

Mersey, darling~~ how are you after your hols?:-)))) what are you listening out for:-)))))??
Dose that mean you are being good?:-))))) I have a bone to pick with you my girl:-)))))

AnninGlos~~she will never pay attention Ann:-)))))), she's a Liverpuddlion:-)))))))))))
Your photos of you day out are lovely and the ones of your own garden:-)))
I think I said that before:-))))))))))))

Tec~~I thought I did send a link to a Garden Centre:-)))) They have a lovely Farm Shop as well, You could get a pig or a lamb for your freezer:-)))))) don't forget the SWEETBREADS :-)))))))))))))))), I know you love them.

Diane~~how are you managing. Yes we had a lovely weekend.

Sallie~~what are you up to. Hope you and family are ok:-)))
Have you ventured into Wales latley?:-)))))))

Von~~I'm getting worried about you ,ducking,diving,bobbing and weaving. Dose that mean that you are wrestling with other shoppers looking for Easter Eggs in Oxford Street:-))))))

Yvonne~~sorry that you are still not well:-((((( sending a hug X

Sylvia~~hope you are all managing ok:-))

Hazel~~thinking of you, x

AnnCardiff~~how's you doing?:-))))

done the above on word during the day, think I'm up to date now :-) :-) :-) :-)

Well if it was not for the friendship and support on here I would of cancelled my subscription, this site as been a nightmare every time I have come on here today the site as been so so slow, not good if you cannot sit for long.

Anyway you lovely lot, you all take care <3

Night Night
Shaun

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 14 Apr 2014 16:27

Hi SilverBuddy :-) :-)

Sorry to hear you are poorly again :-(

What I am finding, is that the hols are easier than school, when it comes to my Grandson who lives with me.
When my daughter was home from school though, it was horrendous! Strop, quarrels, power games etc! I was glad to see her going to school! :-D :-D
Funny how personalities, even within families, can differ so much! :-D

SilverBuddy

SilverBuddy Report 14 Apr 2014 16:18

Hello all,

Shaun, Not too many of the magic mushrooms. Glad you had a lovely time at the farm.

Von, Ducking and diving, bobbing and weaving, sounds really interesting!

Sallie, Can't believe how long it is taking to get rid of it. Back again today. Not going to allow it to put me in bed again though. It's got to work through the system at some point or that's what I keep telling myself.

Tec, Good to know you have another dog as company. He sounds gorgeous. We will be having our son's nutty golden Labrador over Easter. She is gorgeous too by the way. Hope you get what you want from the garden centre. Good luck with appointment.

AnninG, You are not the only one who didn't watch the London marathon this year. I didn't either. Garden looks lovely in the photos.

Jem, I was talking about not quite 40 years ago. Maybe my lot were all into all the activities. Even in primary/junior school there was always something going on that they needed bits and bobs for. Holidays were a time to catch my breath. Hope the girls all get over this rotten bug they have soon.

Bethan, Fingers crossed for the job. Have a good holiday.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 14 Apr 2014 15:40

I'm going funny :-0 :-0 you have not got to agree ;-) ;-)

Apparently I have + 7 PMs in my inbox, when I click on " messages " it's so slow getting there I end up having a error message.

If you have sent me a PM I might be able to answer it by Christmas :-) :-) :-) :-)

Or you could be funny like me and put your answers on here " IN CODE "

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>going to top up with magic mushrooms :-) :-) :-)

Shaun

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 14 Apr 2014 15:25

Sounds painful Shaun ;-) :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 14 Apr 2014 15:11

Hi Shaunie....you behave yeaaaah right, maybe you better get your thermals back
on if there is snow about :-0 :-D :-D ;-)