General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 3 + 1 of 635

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 17 Apr 2014 16:58

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-)

Not long in from the Dentist with G/Son 1 who has had his first filling. It was lovely for me though, as he is my old dentist, who left my practise about 7 years ago.
He is a lovely young man, who did extensive work on my teeth and who cured me of my fear of dentists. He's also one of the nicest people you could meet :-)

He did a "superbridge" on my front 6 teeth for me, which he fought hard to get on the NHS, as I can't cope with a plate. He asked me "if he could be cheeky" and see how the teeth are doing! :-D :-D

:-)Ann- Have a lovely couple of days with your Daughter and Son-in-Law.

Hope you are all ok today- Love Jem <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Apr 2014 13:16

Waiting for daughter and son in law to arrive, apparently the traffic is very heavy on the M6, 2 hours ago they were at Sandbatch, don't you worry when family are travelling on the motorway. they are coming for two days then driving on down to their house in Hampshire, I hope grandson who lives there is spring cleaning today Lol!!!! It all depends on how well SiL is, hopefully he is not too tired. chemo makes him very tired.

Shaun the second photo is on the blog. you did an excellent job with that too. :-) :-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 17 Apr 2014 12:57

Hello Everyone.

This site is driving me madder and what I am, been trying to answer Pms and not getting on all that good,the site is a disgrace.

AnninGlos~~ I have sent you a PM, there is supposed to be a attachment on it BUT there ent , so you have just been sent a email with the photo on.
You should of had two before but when I checked you only had the one.
Do you understand all this cos I don't :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S :-S

Hope everyone is managing ok, I expect some of you are in the garden?

You all take care will catch up later with you all.

shaun

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 16 Apr 2014 21:26

Hi Everyone :-) :-) <3

It’s been a beautiful day here today. Sunny, with a bit of a breeze but pleasantly warm.

Thank you all for asking- The children seem to be better now.

Daughter had magic eye yesterday, for an on-going problem she has.

On Monday night, Grandson camped out in a tent in his friend’s garden. There were 6 of them in all. They were all watching films in the boy (who’s house it was)’s bedroom. He fell asleep in his own bed and 3 of the others fell asleep in the bedroom too. That meant Grandson and one other boy were the only ones to sleep in the tent. Well I say sleep! They didn’t sleep at all. :-D :-D
Grandson came home at 10 o clock Monday Morning and went to bed!
:-D :-D

Yesterday, OH, Grandson 1 and myself went down to Pembrey Country Park- the first time this year. OH is not at all well, so he sat on a deckchair, while Grandson and I had a walk.

Grandson and I went shopping today, for clothes for him and school shoes.

Well, that was my news, what about the rest of you?:-) :-)

:-) SHAUN-
I have seen the Card you made for Tec on Ann’s blog! Absolutely Brilliant! Well done, it’s like you’ve been doing it for years!
Hope you and your OH are coping!

:-)TEC-
Hope you are continuing to improve and that the ramp will be in place for you to get out in your garden soon.

:-)ANNG- How did T’s dentist appointment go? Grandson 1 has his first filling tomorrow!

:-) JUDE
-I’m very sorry to hear the news about your sister. Especially as you all expected things would be better where she is. I really feel for you.
I know what you mean about others not appearing to worry. With me, when there is a potentially serious problem, and no one else appears to be worrying as they should , that makes me worry more, as they don’t seem to be worrying enough!

How’s Madoc? Is he still getting you up early?
How’s the diet going- The Wall Chart is an excellent motivational aid!

:-)VON-
Your artwork is lovely- I have seen it on Ann’s blog.

:-)SILVERBUDDY-
YOU ARE NOT NOT A MOANING MINNIE! I hope you will be feeling better soon.
Yes, G/Son’s GF says she likes the T-Shirt- He’s not seen her in it however!

:-)MERSEY-
I see you are still sprinkling your magic dust everywhere! Hope you are ok.

:-)DIANE-
Hope you are well and not letting life get you down too much!

Hi~~~~~~~~ :-) SYLVIA, :-)ANNC, :-) SALLIE, :-)HAZEL and anyone else looking in on the Welsh Thread :-)

Love Jem <3 <3

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 16 Apr 2014 21:16

Just had a look at that card Shaun....well done you:)

l'm off to bed now, l'm knackered, sister had another trip into town on her own this afternoon, so had to go find her, her carer was waiting to give her her tablets!!!!
l also spent all morning with her to try and occupy her!!

Nite nite

~~~~~~~~~~~~~to everyone, must say the weather has been great today, madoc has been ourside pretty much all day, Vic set up a barricade thing to stop him wandering!!

jude xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Apr 2014 14:57

card on photo blog Shaun

Von

Von Report 16 Apr 2014 14:13

I'm here Shaun. Just out enjoying the sunshine :-D :-D :-D

Yvonne - Do hope you begin to feel better soon. My ducking and diving------phrase is one that used to be used by a relative whenever we asked him what he had been doing. So I've borrowed it ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Jude - Sorry to hear about your sister - a very difficult situation.
Sorry I didn't answer your question about my art piece. The sky is a piece of painted silk and the foreground is a combination of a map printed onto a piece of polyester fabric and a paper lamination. The latter is a photograph that I have that I scanned into the computer and manipulated in photoshop.
I hope you enjoy the mosaic course. My little grandson likes doing mosaic and we've got some materials for him.
Last week we decorated some flowerpots and tomorrow we will do the grout. I've bought some child friendly grout.

Bethan - Hope you have a wonderful holiday. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Tec - hope all goes well at the hospital and that you enjoy your visit to the garden centre.

~~~~~~~ to Ann, Jem, Mersey,Sallie.Sylvia, Diane and anyone else looking in
Take care
<3 Von
BTW Shaun the swing is up. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 16 Apr 2014 12:33

Fingers in ears!!! Not listening :-P :-P :-P

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 16 Apr 2014 12:29

Hello Everyone :-) :-) :-)

Lovely and sunny, hope it is with you, white frost first thing though .

Ann~~ don't panic about photo :-)

Mersey~~how are you doing? are you listening:-) :-)

Jude~~ I think someone needs a telling offffffffffffffffffff :-)

Jem~~hello good bye :-)

Diane~~your lucky to get 3 lots :-) :-) I am lost to who have had what :-S :-S
You just go careful when you meet up with Mersey :-) :-)

Sylvia~~get your cardigan on and heat pad on knee :-) :-)

Von~~where are you? hope you did not get knocked down in the rush on your ducking,diving and weaving trip :-) :-)

Tec~~ put that down " you don't want one of them ":-) :-) I'm watching you:-):-)
That's what you want , that lovely green bird bath, the one with the fairy on:-):-)
You just have a lovely day and spend,spend and spend:-):-)

Yvonne~~Sallie~~Hazel~~AnnCardiff~~and any one that pops in, hope you are ok

got to move.
shaun

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Apr 2014 03:35

Hi Shaun, and everyone

We've had lovely spring weather here .............. sunny and warm. So I changed my winter clothes for my spring/summer ones.

NOW it is turning a bit chillier and raining :-(

I shall have to see if I can find a cardie in my cupboard

My knee and leg are still hurting, but do seem to be getting better ............. especially if I keep the leg elevated.

Bethan ..................... if you look in, I do hope you have a super time on holiday xxx

Jude ................... that's a right old mess! Your sister does need to be in a better place where she can not just wander out whenever she likes.

I hope something else can be arranged.

Take care everyone

s
xx

Diane

Diane Report 16 Apr 2014 01:11

Hello everyone :-)

Silver Buddy, I'm sure Mersey and I will relay all the gossip when we finally meet up, 2 scousers together can gossip all day :-D :-D

Bethan hope you have a great time on your hol's :-)

Jude how worrying for you, some people don't seem to understand, just because your sister seem's ok sometime's doesn't mean she will be safe and those that care for people with your sister's condition should now this :-|
I really hope thing's get sorted out so that you don't have to be concerned for her safety all the time.

Shaun that you for your e-mail, I have sent you a reply :-)

~~~~~~~ to all not mentioned, hope you are all well :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 15 Apr 2014 22:46

Just popping in quickly to say Hello to Everyone :-) :-).

Late on tonight, so I won't chat now. Have read back though and will chat tomorrow!

Sleep Well Everyone- Love Jem <3

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 15 Apr 2014 20:40

Me again:)

Spoke to nephews partner, all is well, he agrees with us that the situation is very unusual to say the least. Although l was fuming earlier, l am fine now :-D :-D ;-) ;-)

SilverBuddy...l do hope you start to feel better soon, this has gone on for ages. Have you got a chesty cough at all and are you drinking lots of fluids??
Yes the problems do seem to be piling up, there is a meeting end of this month (l thought it was this week) that involves all the care people and this place where sister is!! Her Son has mentioned the place nearer him, but don't know if thats an option at present because of the distance from here, finances etc...

Tec...hope you have a great time at the garden centre :-)...yehhhhh x

Shaun...'surely' is the operative word me thinks!!

AnnG...oh l see, but those t-shirts are also called Polo shirts/tops. Can't see you playing golf anyways. Got the link to your photo's thank you. Wow some amazing pics on there, will try and get the fabric storage pots l have half made to you asap...lol

l start a mosaics course on 28th April, yippeeeee can't wait:) promised a neighbour some coasters for his patio table:)

Byeeeee

jude xx

Mersey

Mersey Report 15 Apr 2014 20:21

Hi Ann hope you have had a nice day, apart from the dentist with hubby that is :-S :-D <3

Jude thats so awful about your Sister, a worrying time for you all I hope things settle down soon...... <3

Shaun :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Apr 2014 20:18

Sorry I have not posted your photo yet Shaun I have been out most of the day hopefully will do it tomorrow but you may have to jog my memory :-D

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 15 Apr 2014 20:07

Hello You Lovely Lot :-) :-) :-)

Jude~~sorry to read about your sister going walk about, I just don't understand the care situation at this village, surly she should of been supervised .
For goodness sake don't say I'm as bad as Mersey :-0 :-0 :-0 ;-) ;-) she cannot help it she's a Liverpudlian :-) :-) ;-) ;-)

Bethan~~if you are able to look in, have a lovely holiday <3

Mersey~~ " WHAT " have I done " NOW " :-0 :-0
How old did you say you are????????????????? :-) :-) ;-) <3
I'm going to get in trouble again :-( :-(

Yvonne~~there are a lot of bugs doing the rounds at the moment and some of them take a lot of shaking off. Hope your back to full fettle soon :-)

Sallie~~I have sent you a email, I had 3 go's on Gr and they just would not attach .
Hope you can open them okay.

Tec~~you just have a lovely day at the garden centre tomorrow .
Will be looking out for your post with excitement :-) :-)

Von~~Diane~~AnninGlos~~Jem~~AnnCardiff~~Sylvia~~Hazel~~and anyone that pops in, hope you are all managing.

Must rest up now.

Take Care

Night Night

Shaun

Sallie

Sallie Report 15 Apr 2014 17:38

Hi Shaun, for some reason or other I can't answer your pm's , not sure why though.

Love, Sallie.xx

SilverBuddy

SilverBuddy Report 15 Apr 2014 13:54

Jude, Don't really know what to say. Problems seem to be piling up not getting better. You did say a while back that she might be able to transfer nearer to her son. Is that still on the cards?

Mersey. Glad to hear we have to lots of sparkling dust to make us happy.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 15 Apr 2014 13:49

Booooooooooooooo it's him offfffffffffff the mountain :-) :-) :-) :-)

Slow going to day folks.

Hope you are all okay.

will read back later, going to answer some PMs, the system had better be better and what it was yesterday or I will be sending a very strong email to someone :-) :-)

shaun

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 15 Apr 2014 13:35

Just a quickie.....l am fuming!!!!

Had various chats with sister this morning on the phone, she said she was going to walk into town, even left a message on my landline. l thought l had persuaded her not to.......

Vic was on his way to visit Phil (Auntie Jeans OH) and saw her walking over the bridge in town. He was at the traffic lights and then just carried onto Phils!! He phoned me from there to tell me about her. l then phoned the reception at the village where she lives....they said she had been in and said she was going for a walk.....but had been told not to stop her...NOT TO STOP HER....so l got hold of Vic and asked him to go find her, he even thought she was safe and ok!!!!. l eventually got her on mobile, she was in a coffee shop (now l know she gets bored and very lonely and by being in the coffee shop she was happy) and said she was fine. l suggested vic joined her, which he did but had to get her back for the carers visit at 12.15. These particular carers are a private company and are brilliant and have registered with sister social worker several issues of concern. Remember l said before the reception and maintenance men have done the same to their bosses.
So l rang the private company to warn them that she was about to return home with Vic and be prepared. They updated me on other issues...one being the taxi company they use to take her from A to B found her in the MIDDLE of the very road at the bottom of the drive where she lives....l dont think he could stop but reported it to the private company thank goodness.
l phone my nephews partner about something quite different and told him about sisters outing, he said "why you worried, leave her, she'll get back home if not she'll phone someone".......we have to go see him in a minute to deliver something, l so hope l keep my mouth shut.
l can sort of understand the receptionist not stopping her, she does'nt come under their umbrella of care (which is wrong but thats another issue), but they could have rung me or some f-in body..
So what with a sister that can't go out on her own, needs 24 hr care now, a husband that can't see the danger she could have been in (he knows all about the worrying issues we have), a care facility that can't care and a nephews partner that does'nt care either....l'm really piss'd off..

OK RANT OVER. off to see nephews partner now. l'm not driving... :-D :-D :-D :-D

jude x