General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 3 + 1 of 863

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mersey

Mersey Report 31 Dec 2016 18:57

~~~~~~~~s to Shaunie,Von & co wishing each and everyone
of you a very HAPPY HAPPY New Year !!! Mwahhhhhhh <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Dec 2016 15:44

Linda glad your gallivanting worked out well for you, you certainly got around. Lol shouldn't it read that Eve had a penguin of a time?? Sounds like fun for her anyway.

Shaun, thank you for the e card. I hope that 2017 will be a healthier one for you, or at least a less painful one and maybe one that has fewer tests involved. I hope OH will have a restful contented year as well.

Happy New Year to everyone on here, may you have plenty of good health, lots of love, good food and warmth and good company.

And Shaun we shall keep this thread going even if we only post every week or so, we all need it. :-) :-) :-) :-) <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 31 Dec 2016 14:57

Hey – Up Folks <3

Well I have made notes, don’t be alarmed if I have wished you a Merry Christmas again but not sure if I had and also thank you all for the lovely Christmas cards <3 I have not been drinking or indulging in my favourite fungi :-)

Thank you all for your concern and good wishes re tests, they have got to check these things out, I will be glad when it is all sorted.

Sugarandspice,Merry Christmas to you and your family. YES BOSS the carers are in-place :-)

Barbara Merry Christmas to you. Will be keeping chin up :-)

Von, Merry Christmas to you and family, I need to see a photo of this Chefs Hat please :-) Thread on page 3 :-0 do you think it has had its time with not many posting these days? Cannot blame Christmas as I can remember peeps saying found thread on page 3 or 4 several times.

Sparkling Ann Merry Christmas to you and family, lovely photo of the grandchildren Ann :-)

Bethan, Merry Christmas to you all including the Mad Cats, lovely photo of Mathew :-)

Mersey, Merry Christmas, sorry I’m late in replying to your lovely E-Card. Mushroom Pate was great didn’t you hear the explosion:-0 I don’t need any hairs on my chest thank you but could do with a supply of knickers :-)

SueMaid, Merry Christmas to you and family:-)

JingleJems, lovely photo of Ashton, Merry Christmas to you and the family. Flipping heck you have been busy entertaining Jem, happy to read that G1 speech is improving :-)

Linda Merry Christmas to you and your family, I’m not sure but I think you said you were away for the festive season, hope you are having a lovely time and being good :-) I HAVE TOO.

Sallie hope you have had a lovely Christmas with your family, Merry Christmas to you all :-)

Hazel, Merry Christmas hope you have had a lovely time with your family :-)

Sue in the valleys , Mery Christmas hope you have had a lovely time :-)

AnnCardiff, Merry Christmas hope you have had a lovely time with your family :-)

Brenda, Merry Christmas to you and family :-)

Merry Christmas to Gwyn, Jane, Elizabeth and anyone that pops into the mad-house :-)

<3 Wishing you all a Happy New Year with the hope that you will have many blessings in the year to come. I am fortunate to have you has friends who bring so much joy and craziness to my life. I can’t imagine what it would be like without you cheering me on. Have a great New Year’s Eve celebration. I would just like to express how much joy you have given me, and wish for your joy and happiness in return. Happy New Year! Counting my blessings and wishing you more. Hope you enjoy the New Year in store. Have a joyous New Year, my dear friends<3

<3 Love from the cave<3

Been sitting to long folks but I hope to pop back this evening.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 31 Dec 2016 14:33

Shaun, thank you for your E card.
I hope everyone has a good New Year and that those who need it, enjoy better health.

We are back from our country tour. Xmas passed OK in our hired apartments in Birmingham. An odd place, but it is central for the extended family to meet up. We were right next to the conference centre, on the canal side. They have spent lots of money in the area and it was very pleasant. There was a temporary ice rink which Eve loved, they had big plastic penguins for the little ones to hold onto, so she fad a whale of a time.

We then went onto Evesham to see my son for a couple of days. We stayed in a very quirky old hotel which had themed rooms. We got the Alice in Wonderland family suite for Eve and her parents, complete with hidden play den. She loved it and can't wait to go back again. OH and I had a nice room opposite, still up in the eaves, I only cracked my head on the ceiling once in the night.

After that,the others went home and I went onto Shropshire to stay for one night with my sister and her family. One night was quite enough as she was looking after her three year old granddaughter. I don't mind looking after my own, but someone else's is above the call of duty

It was nice to get home last night. No one celebrates New Year here, so we will just have a quiet evening in and watch the fireworks on TV

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 31 Dec 2016 14:04

HAPPY NEW YEAR and BEST WISHES FOR 2017 I'm hoping that this year will be a good one for everyone. Just a very quick look in as we have just sent the last of our family home this morning. Will be back tomorrow or the next day to talk properly.

Bye for now.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 30 Dec 2016 20:44

Booooooooooooooo :-)

Hello Everyone, are you all behaving like me? :-)

Been making notes to do a word.doc tomorrow then I should be up to date with you all.

Hope you are all okay or okay-ish <3

Night Night from the cave :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 30 Dec 2016 15:59

Hi Everyone :-) :-) <3

It's cold and dark here today.

I have just taken advantage of the FMP WORLD Subscription offer of £1 for the month.
Details are on Mr M's Thread...
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1363900

Remember to uncheck the Auto-Renew button in your Accounts section though!

Had another lovely evening with GS1, G and Ashton yesterday.
We watched the 2 episodes "THE ELEPHANT FAMILY AND ME" with Gordon Buchannan. Ashton loved watching the elephants :-D
We all (except for Ashton of course!) enjoyed the Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla Icecream with flake topping too ;-) ;-) :-D :-D

Well, I have just finished a marathon read-back lol :-D

:-)SHAUN
Glad you had lots of visitors, especially your nieces and nephews over the holidays. I'm sorry that OH finds it difficult now though.
How lovely that your cousin came to do the cooking:-)
Well done on being able to keep your legs up so your circulation improves :-)

I'm sorry to hear that the colonoscopy was difficult.
I had the same problem with mine, because of a "kink" in my colon.
I had to have a variety of different procedures before they identified my problem.
Like you I have Diverticular Disease, but luckily, I only had the 1 polyp to be removed and a haemorrhoidectomy just over a year ago now.

I'm glad your interview with the "powers that be" (not sure what they are called now, but I don't think it's ATOS now) went ok, and that they reach the proper decision.
They make me very angry!

:-)ANN,
I hope your cough is easing up a little now.
Sorry to hear that your Great Grandchildren have all been poorly, especially little Inara with the bronchiolitis. I hope they are recovering and enjoyed their Christmas :-)

:-)S&S
I hope you are enjoying your new camera, and getting plenty of practice in ready for your holiday.
I would like a camera with a view-finder too.
The one I have was bought as a surprise present a few years ago, but I find the screen difficult. Like you, because of the sun problem, and also as I am long-sighted. It means I have to keep taking my reading glasses on and off. Off to look at the view, and on to look at the screen.

:-)VON
I'm not sure when your anniversary is/was ... so HAPPY 46th ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND YOUR OH! :-) :-) <3
Hope you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to The Sadler's Wells to see The Red Shoes, lucky you! :-)

:-)Linda
Hope your finger has healed now.
I hope Eve and her Daddy are recovering now :-)

:-)Bethan
I hope you and your OH had a wonderful 1st Christmas with little baby Matthew :-)
Hope the cats are well and as crazy as ever :-D

~~~~~ Barbra :-) Brenda :-) Sallie :-) Mersey :-) AnnC :-) Sylvia:-)
...and all who look in on the Welsh Thread :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 29 Dec 2016 19:59

Hello everyone <3 I feel that I have been neglecting you of late :-( I will catch up with you soon.

Not had computer on since I last posted whenever that was.

Hope you have all had a lovely Christmas; I have had a lovely time with my family and friends popping in and out to see how we are managing. Christmas day morning my cousin called to do all the cooking, he and OH had the traditional Christmas turkey with all the trimmings I stuck to steamed cod and creamed spuds and carrots BUT I was a little norty and nicked a parsnip off OH’s plate.

My brother and his wife had to go to Essex’s Christmas Eve, I don’t think sister-in-law’s father is all that good but they were back here Tues evening and they have not long left here for home. Everyone have been great in keeping me in order ie; quality rest with legs elevated, drs were worried about my ankle breaking out again so was I, going on the colour so I have been a very,very,very and very good boy in keeping legs up and there is improvement with the circulation.

OH did not quite know what was going on bless her, kept asking me why all these people were here but we got round it not so bad, she’s started to dislike friends and family calling, very sad but it did not spoil Christmas we had a lot of fun and laughter especially when we were remembering Mum and the antics she would get up to during Christmas and New Year she loved the festive season especially entertaining the family and force feeding us with sherry trifle.

Well my Lovelies thinking of you all, take care <3
Night Night
From the cave
xxxxxxxxxxxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Dec 2016 16:00

Mersey Lol!

Jem Goodness you had a busy time. I spent most of it coughing but we enjoyed our quiet Christmas this year,

so pleased to hear that grandson 2 is improving with his speech, that must be wonderful for you all.

Von

Von Report 29 Dec 2016 12:50

OH dear page 3 again :-( :-(

Jem - Sounds as if you had a great time albeit very busy. :-D

I do hope everyone is managing to keep warm in this cold weather.

Got to go out but I'm putting it off but has to be done.
BBL
Take care
<3 Von

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 26 Dec 2016 14:48

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

I haven't had a chance to read what you've all been up to as yet, but will do shortly.

Hope you all had a lovely day yesterday <3

I've been very busy with family etc, as you all will be I'm sure.
Since the Grandchildren were born, our tradition has been to have a special day with them, just for us, of treats and presents in the run up to Christmas.

So now our next generation is here, we had Grandson 1 and his family up for their special day with us a few days ago. I thought Ashton would not really take much notice, but he loved helping Mammy open his prezzies and loved them all! :-D

On Christmas Eve, my daughter and the other Grandchildren came over for their special day of party foods, prezzies and balloons!

It was good to see that Grandson 2 is much improved since he started his special school. Grandson 2 (He's 3 and a half now) had brain damage from a traumatic birth and health problems afterwards. He is also autistic.
He showed a lot of enjoyment with his presents, and has even started to say a few words after a prognosis probably never understanding speech. He loved playing with the balloons, and even copied the sound OH was making as they knocked the balloons into the air.
Granddaughter 4 (now 8 years old) stayed with us until late in the evening.

Yesterday, GS1, G & Ashton had their dinner with G's Family. They spent the afternoon in in his Mum's and then came over here for tea and stayed the evening with us. It was lovely, but now I'm whacked lol :-D :-D :-D

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the holiday season.
Love Jem

<3

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 24 Dec 2016 23:35

A very Merry Christmas to all you lovely people....I wish you all you could hope for in 2017 <3 <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 24 Dec 2016 22:41

Ann it will put hairs on his chest :-D :-D ;-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 24 Dec 2016 19:00

Hello Everyone <3

Still not read back folks, sorry.

<3 HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL<3

Night Night :-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 24 Dec 2016 19:00

Hello Everyone <3

Still not read back folks, sorry.

<3 HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL<3

Night Night :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Dec 2016 16:47

Explosive is it Mersey?

Mersey

Mersey Report 24 Dec 2016 16:32

Hiya Shaunie and Co.... <3 <3 :-D

Just been catching up with thread and how lovely to read the
news of Bethan becoming a Mummy <3 <3 Sending Bethan
lots of congratulations on another little miracle being brought
into the world!!! So Special <3

I would like to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and
a Peaceful Happy New Year <3 <3 <3

Kindness and friendship to all Mwahhhhhhhhh

Sending Shaunie some special Mushroom Pate to go with
his crackers :-D :-D ;-) <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Dec 2016 16:15

Hello Mummy Bethan. Ooh so lovely, your first christmas with your new baby. Hard work I know but so worth it. Don't forget to take photos as a memento of his first Christmas. I bet he has a huge pile of presents.

We have two babies in the family having their first Christmas, sadly we won't be with them but it is still exciting. (Gt grandchildren).

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 24 Dec 2016 15:50

Thank you all :-D

As you can imagine we are non stop with the baby so thought I would pop on when I had a chance.

So wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and hope you all have a fab time.

Love Bethan and family x <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Dec 2016 14:37

We are eating our main dinner this evening so we can do nothing all day tomorrow (probably with a glass of bubbly in hand!). So I too am busy busy. Not that I bake mince pies etc these days.

Happy Christmas to you all. Have a good one. :-D :-D <3 <3