General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 3 + 1 of 878

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 31 Mar 2017 15:28

They are so cute when they start to talk Jem. I was called Hanma for years, which I thought was cute, she says it correctly now. The other grandma was called Ga Ga at first and is still called that now, I think She got the short straw there.

Esme is starting to talk, she says mummy very well and something which resembles daddy. She says cuddle, but not much else. Her sign language is getting really good though, so we have all learnt Makatan, the baby sign language.

I hope you are well in your cave Shaun. It is sunny here, but very windy, we keep having showers despite the weatherman saying we wouldn't

I did one of my hospital volunteer drives this morning, then have done a big supermarket shop this afternoon. I think it is time to put my feet up and indulge I with one of the reduced price custard tarts I spotted.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 31 Mar 2017 12:55

Boooooooooooooo from the cave :-) <3

Hope you are all ok OR okish, managing OR managing-ish :-) <3
We are not to bad-ish :-)

Making notes and hope to post later.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 31 Mar 2017 10:59

Bore Da Ffrindiau :-D :-D :-D <3

It's a strange one today, weather wise.
It's damp, with grey clouds, but with bright sunshine trying to poke through.

OH is full of cold, and not at all well, so I took over the glossing from him yesterday, and quite pleased with myself.
I used to do it all years ago, but have not been up to it for some time now.

At long last, the bedroom is almost finished, but I want to finish the upstairs glossing before a new bedroom carpet is layed.

Edited in...
I forgot to tell you all ...ASHTON IS TALKING :-D :-D
He can say Dad Dad Dad, and Daddy more, Nan (His Mum's Mum) all to G's frustration! :-D
But he does say Maaaaaaaa when he's upset about something -which she's hoping is Mammy:-D
But best of all .... he can say (nooooo not Granny) PEPPA PIG :-D :-D

Off to do some work now.

~~~~~~~~~~Have a good day, Everyone <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 30 Mar 2017 16:58

Shaunie :-D :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 as always

~~~~~s to all :-D :-D <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 30 Mar 2017 09:15

Good Morning Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

Miserable day here in South West Wales. Dark and wet :-0

Hope Everyone has a good day today :-) :-) <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 29 Mar 2017 22:14

That is great news Shaun, I hope the surgeon can sort you out, so you can have some nice spicy food again , not just boiled fish

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Mar 2017 21:17

Jem :-D :-D :-D well you made me chuckle more than one senior moment there.

Yvonne, lots of nice visits and socializing for you. Good to see you on here anyway. :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 29 Mar 2017 18:34

Good Evening Everyone :-) :-) :-) :-) <3

MARVELLOUS NEWS SHAUN .... I'm so pleased for you.
It is best for them to take the polyps out as you know. Hope they can sort it soon :-)

Hi S&S :-)
You sound as though you are having a lovely time with all your relatives at the moment :-)
Yes, this cough is pretty tiring. Between that, the arthritis and frequent trips to the loo, I don't get much sleep :-| :-D Even Ashton looks at me and does a little cough now :-0 :-0 :-0 :-D

~~~~~~~~~~ Ann and Von :-) :-)

Well! You are reading the words of the Original DIZZY BLONDE!

OH had his first physio today, so as you know, I had decided to go for my hospital test at the same time.

Well, first stop was the X Ray dept for my chest X Ray.

I was called in immediately and ushered into a cubicle to change into one of their gowns.I took my jewellery off and put it in my bag. A few minutes later it was all done and went back to get dressed.
Then - I couldn't find my wedding ring!!! After taking everything out of my handbag, it was nowhere to be found.
I thought perhaps I'd missed the zippy pocket and it had slid to the floor, so I told a passing medical person ...... and there it was on my RIGHT hand finger :-0
She was definitely not amused!

Then I went for the blood test.
When I got into the path lab, no form!
I retraced my steps. It had fallen out of my bag when I was washing my hands and slid under the door of a then occupied loo cubicle and was on the floor :-0 :-0 :-0

Well - I think I have proved my point .... I am indeed a Dizzy Blonde or a Hopeless Case :-( :-D :-D :-D :-D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone not mentioned :-) :-) :-)
Love Jem <3

Von

Von Report 29 Mar 2017 17:53

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ to everyone

Shaun - that is good news :-D :-D :-D

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 29 Mar 2017 16:00

Afternoon all,

Starting with the weather it is now trying to dry up and become a bit brighter, it has been dull and drizzly all morning.

Last Saturday was a lovely day with the family we had a meal out which I thoroughly enjoyed. Weekend before we had been to a granddaughter's birthday do went Friday and came back Sunday had a lovely time. This Saturday we are going to a birthday do of a grandson. Then will be visiting a distant relative on the Sunday lots to look forward to at the moment.

GlossyAnn, Smart lady your Mum. I wouldn't expect anything else from you other than being you Good.

Shaun, Glad to hear about the results, here's hoping that if you have to have the operation you will feel a lot better after it.

Jem, To have put up with that cough for 30 years you deserve a medal. The cough I had due to a tablet I was taking drove me up the wall and I only had to put up with it for just under a year. Mine was sorted by my GP very easily. If he hadn't been able to I would have wanted a 2nd, 3rd and goodness knows how many more opinions until someone got to the bottom of it. I think they call it being determined and obstinate. I hope they get to the bottom of it for you. Glad to hear that Grandson1 has had the all clear for his man operation. As to ironing I do the important bits those you see nothing else.

Sylvia, Enjoy your mini holiday.

Von, Sending the dry weather up your way.

Bethan, If you get a chance to look in. Hope everything is well, not long now before Mathew will be sitting up on his own. Another milestone reached.

Bye for now.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Mar 2017 14:59

Shaun, great news that the biopsies were clear, hope the surgeon can cure the diverticular problem for you soon.

As usual I am being very good ;-) ;-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 29 Mar 2017 14:52

Boooooooooooo from the wilds :-) <3

Just a quickie to let you know that the biopsies came back ok which is a load of my mind. But the Colorectal surgeon is considering getting the knife out as there are many clusters of diverticula along the colon which he is not happy about.

Will read back and catch up when I can as it is a bit doggy here at the moment.

Sending cwtches to you all whether you want one or not :-D and hope you are all ok OR okish, managing OR managing-ish.

<3 from the mountain <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 28 Mar 2017 20:06

Thanks Sylvia <3 Von <3 Ann <3

Have a lovely holiday Sylvia :-)
Daughter is the same. She doesn't iron. My Granddaughter had no idea what I was doing, when she saw me ironing when she was little.
My daughter says she doesn't iron cos "SHE HAS A LIFE!" :-D :-D :-D

Yes same here. I have had a form for both blood test and X Ray and I can just go within the hours of those hospital departments.
I will go tomorrow cos OH has his first physiotherapy session there. He will be having another injection for frozen shoulder at some point too.

The Urology Consultant said everything was good with Grandson 1.
It was a follow up appointment from the op he had a little while ago for a strangulated male body part :-0
He did have a problem with passing out into a sleep state on a number of times there.
OH had to explain what was wrong with him to the other out patients. And to hospital staff of course.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Mar 2017 19:40

Yes, same as Von, when I had to have a chest Xray with a doctors letter it was just walk in.

Thanks Von.

Yes Jem Cheltenham was ok, very busy, people enjoying the sun.
Rained here all afternoon.

Sylvia have a nice break. Oh does all the ironing here a lot is no longer ironed but no way would he wear a shirt not ironed.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Mar 2017 19:40

Yes, same as Von, when I had to have a chest Xray with a doctors letter it was just walk in.

Thanks Von.

Yes Jem Cheltenham was ok, very busy, people enjoying the sun.
Rained here all afternoon.

Sylvia have a nice break. Oh does all the ironing here a lot is no longer ironed but no way would he wear a shirt not ironed.

Von

Von Report 28 Mar 2017 17:38

Evening all

Ann - sorry to hear about your sister. <3

Jem - sorry to hear about grandson no 1. Do hope the hospital appointment went well and he gets help soon. They seem to be a bit slow getting treatment for him.
Can you just go and get an XRay or do you have to wait for an appointment.

We're quite lucky in that if the Dr. gives us a letter we just go and get the XRay done.

Shaun - do hope you are resting and that the leg is improving.

~~~~~ to Linda. S&S. Sylvia and anyone else looking in
Take care
<3 Von

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Mar 2017 17:37

Jem ....... hope the tests turn out well, and provide some information for you.

We're going away for a few days ............. it is absolutely pouring with rain outside :-(.

Chances of getting views form the plane ................ zilch!

Hope it's better up north!

I don't iron :-)

I think I get my ironing board and iron out about twice a year, at the most.

We don't have a dryer, all washing is hung on lines in the basement laundry area to dry. Shirts and blouses shaken as taken out of washing machine, put on hangers and neck buttons fastened. Sweaters, jumpers etc shaken and placed over the lines, no pegs used. Everything then folded neatly when dry, shirts and blouses just hung in the closets

Most things have only the odd crease, no more than you get within 5 minutes of putting a shirt or top on.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 28 Mar 2017 17:00

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

After a sunny and bright start to the day, it is now dark and damp.

Just back from the docs.
Was up at 7 this morning for a shower before ringing the surgery bang on 8. That is the procedure to book an appointment now, which you can only get for the same day. So you need to be ready to go. The appointment was for 4pm!!
So OH has had to take GS1 to Glangwili Hospital for his Urology appointment on his own.

I have got to go for a chest X Ray tomorrow because of this 30 year cough lol :-0 :-D and a blood test.

Did you enjoy Cheltenham, Ann?
You Mum looked very glam in that photo :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone, hoping that you are all ok or ok-ish :-) :-) :-)
Love Jem <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Mar 2017 15:14

Very sunny here today and warm in the sun when sheltered from the bitterly cold wind. We have been to Cheltenham for a look around the shops. :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 25 Mar 2017 13:09

Thank you S&S <3

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

It's a sunny and warm day here today.
Just finished the ironing and the cleaning and am now sitting with a cuppa :-)

Hope you are all coping with whatever life is throwing at you today :-)
Love Jem <3