General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 5 + 1 of 634

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 11 Apr 2014 22:36

Tec...enjoy your beloved garden, it means alot to us knowing how much pleasure it gives you and how useful the vouchers are going to be:)

Take care

jude xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Apr 2014 22:27

Enjoy your garden Tec and know how much pleasure your posts have and do give us pleasure. <3 :-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 11 Apr 2014 22:18

Enjoy Tec you deserve it, <3 <3

Love to you and Duchess <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 11 Apr 2014 22:03

:-) :-) <3 TEC

Von

Von Report 11 Apr 2014 22:02

You're welcome Tec.
Take care
<3 Von

Mersey

Mersey Report 11 Apr 2014 21:55

Tec <3

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 11 Apr 2014 21:48

Hello Everyone,

Well what can I say? :-D

Today in the post I received a surprise package of garden vouchers. Nothing could have possibly given me greater pleasure than that.
I am deeply moved by the kindness, thought, and generosity, of my dear friends on the thread.
Now of course I have the added pleasure of deciding what best to spend them on, without the usual twinge of conscience that I have whenever spending money on my garden.
Rest assured that they will be used wisely, and whatever I buy I will always remember with warmth how it came to be, whether it be plants that I've wanted, or something to make my garden easier to maintain.
Thank you, everyone, for such a lovely surprise. I am indeed fortunate to have friends like you, and I am deeply grateful.

The personalised card that accompanied the vouchers is in itself a work of art - thank you Shaun, you are a clever man - a beautiful card to keep.

My emoticons are refusing to work now, how annoying.

Today my brother and SIL visited me. They dropped me off at the nursing home so that I could visit my OH.
She was so pleased to see me. Sadly she comes and goes between reality, and fantasy, which is distressing, but I managed to hold it together, and not show that she is breaking my heart, especially when she begs to come home.
At least she is being well cared for there, and that is a comfort.

Thanks again everyone for making my day, and many more days, with your kindness, and generosity.

Tec

:-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 11 Apr 2014 17:34

Good Afternoon Friends :-) :-) :-)

Done the Supermarket Shopping ready for the school hols. Yey- No School Run for 17 days :-) :-)

Ann- your garden looks amazing! :-)

Hope you are all doing ok- Love Jem :-) <3 <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 11 Apr 2014 15:44

Hello You Lovely Lot :-) :-) :-) :-)

Are you all behaving ? I doubt it ;-) ;-) ;-)

Tec~~did I see you out on the surf this morning:-) :-) :-)

Jude~~I'm sorry to read about your sister, it must of been a terrible fright not knowing where she was. I know how anxious you would of been as OH will wonder off on times. Thinking of you all and sending cwtches <3

Jem~~you sound very very busy in the office and well done on sorting pictures, it took me days to sort my lot. Hope the filing is going to plans :-) :-) :-)

Yvonne~~Glad you are feeling better, you need a few magic mushrooms :-) :-) :-)
They are still sorting out the problems, because of all the fresh medication for pain and fluid retention my stomach as flared up worse and ever :-( :-(
But hey I will get there :-) :-) :-)

Von~~" that's quite all right :-) :-) :-) got the swing out yet? :-) :-) :-)
I hope Dr Williams was able to sort you, I will check out your link again.

AnninGlos~~ what a lovely lot of photos you have taken of your garden, it all looks lovely :-) :-) :-)

Bethan~~ are you still in The Land Of Song ? or up in the air? :-) :-) :-) :-)
If I have missed you, have a lovely time, relax and wind down :-) :-) :-)

Mersey~~where have you been, I thought that I had trod on your toes as you have not posted :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Sylvia~~hope you and the family are all managing :-) :-)

Sallie~~where have you gone, hope you are ok :-) :-)

Diane~~how are you getting on, thinking of you :-) :-)

AnnCardiff~~how are you doing in Costa Del Cardiff :-) :-)

Hazel~~hope you are ok, thinking of you :-) :-)

~~~~~~~~~ to friends not mentioned <3

Got to move

Shaun

Mersey

Mersey Report 11 Apr 2014 12:45

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D ;-) ;-) Yaaaaaay <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 11 Apr 2014 12:44

Hello Everyone :-) :-)

:-) ;-) ;-) :-) IT'S THERE :-) ;-) ;-) :-)

Will read back and catch up with you and answer PMs later in the day " I hope "

Shaun

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Apr 2014 12:34

Good afternoon all. Just done another hour in the garden. Out the front this tiome and probably the hardest bed to do. Gravel and not very big but has some thugs growing in it and had also got overun with grass and dandelions.

I have put some photos of the back garden and patio etc on the photo blog if anyone is interested to see what I have been doing. :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 11 Apr 2014 12:08

Hi lovely Welshies need to catch up so bare with me..... :-D :-D <3 <3 <3 <3

Shaunie im listening :-D :-D ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Apr 2014 20:47

Hi Shaun, and everyone

Jude ............ that was really worrying for you, and her son.

Unfortunately many Alzheimer's patients develop the habit of wandering.

OH's grandmother used to do it ................. and she could get out of the house when all doors were locked :-S

She'd make her way into town, and either be found by OH's parents or his aunt and uncle (they took turns in looking after her for 3 weeks at a time), OR someone such as a bus conductor would realise there was something wrong, and call the police.

we're talking about getting into the centre of Chester or Manchester in her case :-0

She used to like being taken into the police station in the centre of Chester ................. they gave her "a lovely cup of tea"

take care everyone

s
xx

Von

Von Report 10 Apr 2014 19:31

Thank you Shaun ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Silver Buddy - really pleased you are feeling better.

Jude- I've sent you a pm.

Thank you both for asking about grandson's arm. He has now had the pin taken out and the bone is healing although his arm is still a bit bent. Hopefully as it heals some more it should straighten.The scars however are not very good and personally I don't think the surgeon did a very good job. However they say they could improve and to massage them with oil.
The bad news is he has broken his thumb now.Other hand and he has a support on it for two weeks.
He has his annual check at Great Ormond street soon so they will be able to see how he is progressing.
Bless him - it doesn't stop him being an active 7 yr old though.

This afternoon was really interesting.
Here is the link to Dr Williams's library if anyone is interested.
http://dwlib.co.uk/

Ann - hope your not suffering too much after all your gardening. I'm afraid my celandine is taking over. I have some that has black leaves and it's very pretty.
it's called "Brazen Hussy" :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Take care
<3 Von
~~~~~~~~ to Jem. Well done on doing the photos :-) :-) :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 10 Apr 2014 18:27

Hi Gang :-) :-) :-) <3

I'm a happy Jem :-D :-D :-D

I have managed to print some excellent photos of the children <3 and others, and framed them ready to display!!! :-) :-) :-)

Hip hip horray
There's nothing like slapping yourself on the back is there! :-D :-D :-D

Hi SilverBuddy :-) sorry that you are not so good. Recurring virus' are horrid! :-(

Hope you are all coping :-) <3

SilverBuddy

SilverBuddy Report 10 Apr 2014 17:52

Hello all, I did think my bug thing had been knocked on the head but it decided it hadn't quite finished with me so had to miss out on the birthday boy's party. On a more positive note feeling much better again today. Let's hope this time it's gone for good.

Sallie, I agree with your conclusion about Altzheimers. I am just thankful that so far no one very close to me has had it. I hope I never get it so that my nearest and dearest don't have to deal with it and all it brings with it.

AnninG, Have you soaked all the aches and pains away. Will be worth it in the end to see the garden looking its best.

Jude, You seem back to normal now thank goodness. Glad you had a good time with the family, shame about the little one having the grumps but if she is like ours teething is part of the problem. Not good your sister going walkabout an uncle used to do the same. They have no idea of how worrying it is when they do that. Have the workmen finished doing what they had to? Couldn't have made Monday as I was stuck in bed with the bug. Nowhere near as bad as you though.

Tec, Gardens are very good at doing their own thing. I'm sure if you asked your garden if it wanted you to interfere I wouldn't mind betting it would say keep your secateurs to your self. I'm doing fine thank you. It can wait. You seem to be getting your life back on track again good for you.

Von, I was thinking the same as Jude about grandsons arm but she beat me to asking about it. Also I too would like to know who and what Dr. Williams is all about.

Jem, It's terrible being afraid of technology. It's got now that I don't want any new stuff. I can't be bothered with learning all the new stuff all over again. Sad aren't I.

Shaun, Like it's already been said. Well done you. A very big shiny gold star for you. Well did they sort out some of your problems at the hospital or are you still stuck with them.

Bye for now. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~to all not mentioned.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 10 Apr 2014 16:57

AnnG....also if you were to meet her and chat to her you probably would'nt realise there is a problem!!

jude x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Apr 2014 16:55

Well done Shaun, look forward to that.

Jude, Ah, pity but I see what you mean. It does sound as if she should be in more sheltered care now doesn't it, especially if there is a dangerous road outside where she is. Hope they can find a solution for her. The trouble is, she is at a stage where she doesn't think anything is wrong so feels that she can still make decisions to go out.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 10 Apr 2014 16:43

AnnG...well no not really, she's forgotten already what happened and this afternoon on the phone sh was saying she wanted to walk into town, l had to be firm and say NO and that she had a carer coming at 2pm to be withher for 3 hrs, she had forgotten that too. The only things she seems to remember (as a rule) is wed & sun her church, but yesterday she even forgot that!! Its basically the NOW that she deals with.

Jem....Lets hope something can be sorted with this meeting, but l think her son wants her to move to Gloucester where there is a much better set up.
You are good doing all that sorting, well done you.

Von....hows your g/sons arm now from the break, does it worry him at all now?? What or who is Dr Williams??

Shaun...what you on for goodness sake??

Tec...that will be so good when you have the ramp, do you have a mobility shop in town or near town, sometimes they can be hired like a wheelchair etc?? We have celandine too, it is pretty though

Bethan...any sign of new neighbours yet. Fancy finding a wedding outfit in your wardrobe, how handy is that:)) When do you go?

SilverBuddy...hows you now??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~to all names not mentioned:)

jude x.Edited, l added a few more messages:) xx