General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 6 + 1 of 633

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 8 Apr 2014 13:52

Good Afternoon Friends :-) :-)

Sunny and blowy with just a threat of a shower inmy little part of South West Wales today.
Been able to dry loads on the line for a change :-) Fed up of seeing washing on radiators continuously!

Just popping in on Grandson's PC (while I clean his room) to say-
Hope your neurologist appointment goes well SHAUN and that the travelling is not to unbearable :-) :-)

Hope you are all having a good day :-) :-)
Love Jem <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 7 Apr 2014 20:15

Booooooooooooooo from that boy of the mountain :-) :-)

Not a lot done to day other and what I said in last post. Read through several PMs which I have had over the weekend , and YES I agree BRILLIANT;-);-);-) now I have said it on here no need to reply individually:-) :-):-) that's crafty int it :-):-)

Tec~~are you behaving yourself?? or being mischievous like me:-):-)

Jude~~ hope you had a lovely weekend with your family :-)

Bethan~~are you sure there is no room in your case? :-)

Jem~~I know all about the London Trips to H Q
The problem to day Jem is that my aim is not as good as it was :-( AND BEFORE YOU SAY IT " NO it will not fit in the Ale Bottle :-) :-) :-) :-) :-P

Early start tomorrow as I have a hospital trip to see Neurologist regarding the nerve damage in my spine, so don't know when i will be back to post.
Not at all looking forward to the traveling the way things are. OH is going farming so she will be a happy bunny feeding the orphan lambs.

Cant sit any more, sorry not mentioned you all.

You all Take care. <3

Night Night

Shaun

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 7 Apr 2014 13:45

Hello Everyone :-) :-) :-)

Just a quickie, been a busy morning with having bloods done and seeing nurse.

Hope you are all okay <3

Will catch up later got to get flat.

Thinking of you all.

Shaun

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 7 Apr 2014 11:31

Good Morning Everyone :-) :-) <3

It's absolutely pouring down in my little part of South Wales today!

Well, it's Grandson 1's first Girlfriend's birthday today! They had their 1st month anniversary last Friday!!! :-D :-D :-D

He decided that he wanted to make her present himself- so he and Granddaughter 1 bought her a plain white T-Shirt and tie-dyed it yesterday with purple dye!
I was very skeptical at first, but indeed, it came out white with the most brilliant purple patterns all over it! :-) :-) :-)

He texted her to tell her that he had made her a surprise present.
When she told him that she didn't like surprises, he sent her a photo of it! She said that she was speechless! :-D :-D :-D
I HOPE THAT WAS SPEECHLESS GOOD AND NOT SPEECHLESS BAD! :-S :-S :-D

:-)SHAUN-
Did you get the Bitter Ale Bottles ready? ;-) :-D :-D

:-)ANNG-
Beautiful pictures! It does look a lovely place. We have a lovely Gardens not too far away. Bethan probably knows it- CLYNE GARDENS <3 in Swansea.
There are stunning pictures of it on Google Images! :-) :-)

:-)BETHAN-
Only 8 days to go until your holiday! Don't get too stressed!

hi~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ to everyone else :-) :-) <3

Hope you are all happy and doing ok, and as well as can be expected given all the health issues each of you have!
LOVE JEM <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 6 Apr 2014 21:42

JUST FOR SHAUN.....

AN IDEA FOR YOU REGARDING WATER TABLETS COURTESY OF MAX BOYCE---

We got to Twickers early and were jostled in the crowd;
Planted leeks and dragons, looked for toilets all around.
So many there we couldn't budge -twisted legs and pale:
I'm ashamed we used a bottle that once held bitter ale.

CHORUS......And we were singing hymns and arias,
'Land of my Fathers', 'Ar hyd y nos'.......

SO- GOT ANY EMPTY BITTER ALE BOTTLES SHAUN?:-D :-D

Hope that made you laugh! :-D :-D

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 6 Apr 2014 21:30

Hello Everyone :-) :-)
Just a quickie, had to get a PM sorted so this is late for me.

Von~~ have you stopped laughing :-) :-) :-)
Get your spanners sorted :-) :-)
Do you eat pork :-) :-)

~~~~~~~~ing to you all folks <3

Got to get to bed .
Night Night
Shaun

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 6 Apr 2014 20:55

Evening all ,

Had quite a busy weekend fiancé went to watch Swans in Hull so went out with my dad , step mum and her sis for food last night and had a nice catch up and giggle.

Today I think I have finally found a dress for the wedding in Vegas .... In my wardrobe :-0 :-D The one thing about memory loss all my outfits in wardrobe can be "new" again lol

Leo has not been a fan of the rain and getting wet so he has spent most of day in and moving around for cat naps .

Von : Thank you :-D

AnnInglos: Getting excited for hol , every now and again my anxiety really hits me but a few things have calmed me down . I am expecting the travel and time zones to knock me out of sync as the hour change here has done that :-S Leo does take pity on strays and I do , if fiancé wasn't here the strays would be adopted by me lol Batsford sounds pretty with those flowers glad you had nice time :-)

Jude: Luckily I am never there at end of day so no cashing up for me otherwise it would take hours lol Hope all is as well as it can be with you <3

Jemima: Sounds like you had lovely evening out :-D

AnnCardiff: Blinking eck I really hope they do resolve problems that your son is suffering from and no more delays !

Right ordered take away as lazy evening so chat soon .

Bethan <3 <3 <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 6 Apr 2014 16:45

Boooooooooooooo :-)

Sorted a few PMs but trying to keep legs elevated as much as poss, with these stronger water tablets I'm up and down to the bathroom like a bloody yoho.
I was thinking of fixing a hose-pipe to my tadger ( if you know what that is ) and sticking the other end of hose in the loooooooooooooooooooooooooo :-) :-) :-) :-)

Hope you are all ok.

Shaun

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Apr 2014 15:59

Photos of our day out to Batsford Arboretum are on the photo blog if anyone is interested in seeing the magnolias.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 6 Apr 2014 12:20

wet and misty here over the mountain after a very rough and heavy rain during the night and early hours.

Jude~~hope you have had a lovely weekend with the family,plenty of cwtches I expect:-)

Mersey~~I'm always smiling :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Jem~~glad you had a lovely time with your brother and family :-)

AnnCardiff~~hope your son continues to improve :-)

~~~~~~~~~to friends not mentioned, got PMs to sort later.

You all take care

<3shaun

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Apr 2014 20:28

Hi gang - so sorry about your sister Jude - really bad news that but it does explain a lot for you all

thanks for asking about my son Shaun - he ha\d the op - it was delayed for a week asnd turned out to be just an exploratory - he now has an appt with the surgeon for later this month but good nws is he's back in work - he hates being off, though he can't go back driving yet - the trains that is

They plan on doing yet another MRI scan and then the 15th op after that in the hope that finally they will solve the problem - his bum must look like the map of the world now :-S

Rotten day hre weatherwise today and the same on the horizon till Wdnesday when things will apparently take a turn for the better

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 5 Apr 2014 20:17

Hey-up it's that boy offffffffffffff the mountain :-) :-) :-)
Just popped in to say DON'T FRET, legs full of fluid so been flat all day.
Not read back but can see bottom of Jems post, mates have got all the sheep back in the field, thanks for asking Jem.
Trouble is that some " walkers " from the cities think they can do as they wish when there in the country and leave gates open, the majority of walkers are okay .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ing to you all and hopping you are ok.

Take care.
Night Night
Shaun

<3

Noticed I have several PMs I will answer them when I can <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 5 Apr 2014 18:28

Good Evening Gang :-) <3

We had a wonderful evening last night!
The food was lovely, just pub food- homey-type!
OH, Grandson, S.I.L had Gammon, Egg and Chips. Brother had Fish and Chips.
I had Shepherd's Pie. When it came it was in an unusual type of pastry base! but it was very nice!

S.I.L and I had Pina Colada Cake (a coconut sponge cake with pineapples and cherries) and Custard...delish and blew my diet. :-0 :-0 :-D
Brother had a Chocolatey Icecream Sundae Dessert and Grandson had a special Maltesers Milkshake!

I had quite a few squiffettes as our Mersey would say!! :-D :-D

It was great catching up with my Brother<3 He is such a lovely man! He is 10 years younger than me, and we reminisced about the things I did with him and our sister when they were children.

Girl singer came on late and sounded as if she was well oiled! Good comic value though! :-D :-D

Granddaughter was there when we arrived. She came and said hello to her Great Uncle and Aunt and went back to her party. She is a beautiful looking girl! Very long, thick dark hair and big blue eyes! :-)<3

Grandson made me so proud :-) <3 . He joined in the conversions intelligently and easily, even though he doesn't know them! He has grown so tall- about 5 foot 10 now I would think!

All in all an excellent night! :-)

Hope you are all ok!

:-)SilverBuddy- Glad to hear that you are getting over the virus. Perhaps you have been run down.
I have found the best product for my hair type is VO5 MEGA HOLD Gel Spray. Not as a setting gel, but as a hairspray after styling. If I don't touch my hair for a minute or so after spraying, it doesn't go sticky and will hold the style all night without looking as if you have spray on it!

:-)Shaun- Hope your mate managed to sort out the problem with his sheep!

~~~~~~~~~ to everyone else
Love Jem <3 <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 5 Apr 2014 17:51

Hi One and all :-D :-D :-D

Shaun thinking of you and hoping to see your smile and mushrooms very soon. Love to you and M <3 <3

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 4 Apr 2014 22:06

Hi had a nice day be back next week i hope.

Hazelx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 4 Apr 2014 21:44

Evening everyone:)

Not read back properly.....but l have seen that Hazel is here....HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you and great to see you again. You have had a rough time of it, l am sorry, but hopefully you can have a lovely few days with Terri and Caitlin:) Thank goodness Duane is ok? Take care:)

SB...sounds like you had my bug or similar, hope you feeling better now girl?? Enjoy the birthday party and YES WE WILL have a get together soon:)

Shaun..hope the sheep have been caught (Shaun the sheep...lol)

Bethan....thats good you do all sorts, much better for your CV. l hate cashing up, but other wise will do anything now..:)

Sallie...hello hows you?

Diane...thank you for your pm.

Off to bed now....sorry if l have not mentioned you all:((

nite nite

jude xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Apr 2014 21:40

Ok Shaun no need to panic, Tec was on the Oz thread yesterday and has his daughter and family staying from today until tomorrow at least.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Apr 2014 21:34

Lots of posts to read back.
Hazel glad son didn't have a heart attack. As Silver buddy said you can live with one kidney so hope all will be well there.

Von I am on my Ipad at the moment but I will add your photo to the craft blog tomorrow. OHs seeds are coming up too.

Bethan only eleven days? Getting exciting now then. Maybe Leo took pity on the strays and invited them to stay.

Jem, hope you enjoyed your meal out and that Granddaughter enjoyed hers too.

Yvonne pleased that you are feeling better, shame you couldn't meet up with Jude.

Shaun,wonder where Tec is? Hope your mates got there sheep back.

We have been to Batsford today, the magnolia were lovely and there were also a lot of Prunus in blossom, plus the last of the daffodils, lots of Helebores still, primroses, wood anemones and anemone Blanda. Really enjoyed it, it was quite mild and cloudy sun, feeling fresher too so hopefully the pollution as gone.

Sallie

Sallie Report 4 Apr 2014 21:29

Shaun hope that both you and M have had a good day, today. Shame that your mates had to leave early this evening, but they had to make sure the sheep were alright. I hope they managed to get them all back safely.

Hazel, lovely to see you post and pleased that things have got a bit better for you over the last couple of week.

Also hope that you have had a lovely day on your 60th birthday. Happy Birthday and Best Wishes to you.

~~~~~~to all our friends on here, hope that you are all okay.

Love, Sallie.xx

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 4 Apr 2014 20:40

Von~~ mates have just gone, was not here long tonight , had phone call that some sheep have got out onto the road.

We are heading for bed now folks.

You all take care and have a lovely week end if you can <3

Night Night
shaun