General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 6 + 1 of 848

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 16 Aug 2016 14:26

Thank you Linda for everything you have done :-) :-) <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Aug 2016 09:45

Thank you Linda.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Aug 2016 23:08

Hmm, I will pass on the ice cream Shaun.
Just to let everyone know that I have printed off all the comments and sent them to Tecs daughter along with a cheque to cover all of the donations. I managed to get to the bank today, so the individual cheques which you kindly sent were banked today

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 15 Aug 2016 19:32

Boooooooooooooooooo from the cave :-)

Would anyone like a mushroom flavored ice-cream :-)

~~~~~~~~~~ing to everyone and hoping you are all ok <3

night night
shaun

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 14 Aug 2016 13:36

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) :-) :-) <3

We tried again to see the Perseids last night. Much more local though. Too much cloud! :-(

Shaun,
Hay's Bluff was listed as one of 10 places to go to see the stars, but too far for us.
http://www.breconbeacons.org/stargazing-ten-places.

Brenda,
Glad you had a good few days away with your friend :-)

I'm going to do some more research now.
My £1 months sub to BNA has already more than paid off. I have found-

1.My Great Grandparents Marriage Notice which gave me extra info, including the fact that my G Grandfather was already living and working in Persia when he married Amelia.

2. My Great Aunt
Scandal- I suspected as much and that is why I put her husband's name in first. He was from nobility. He was divorced on the grounds of adultery in 1926 and then married my Great Aunt in 1927, after what appears to have been a "set up" to enable a divorce, as was often done in those days.

Also that they lived in Kent for a long time before moving to Devon where they died.
Also, she bred and showed Mastiffs, which won shows including Crufts. I have found a photo of her with one of them, and another photo of her 2 prize mastiffs with 2 of their pups.
I had never seen her before, but she was my mother's namesake.

So now I am going to look for some more gems :-D :-D :-D

~~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone, Love Jem <3

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 12 Aug 2016 20:49

Not been on here for a while...had a lot going on with water leaks inside and outside..,but have been away for a few days with a friend from Leicester.
She often comes to stay with me and visits other friends in the area,but has had problems with her back,so we met up near Craven Arms and had a lovely few days wandering round Ludlow,Montgomery,Church Stretton etc ...nice and quiet away from the coast.
Hope everyone is well.
Will read back more in the next few days.
:-) :-) <3 <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 12 Aug 2016 19:05

Boooooooooooooooooo :-)
HELP PLEASE,this yellow ! mark keeps popping up do I click the download or not?????????????? I’m a little concerned that it mentions windows 10 .

Von have you got over your table tennis please consult your Dr if there are any problems :-)

Ann hope you are happy with your motor. Must check out your photos :-)

Linda I can understand that you are upset at not being able to attend Tecs funeral but knowing Tec he would not of wanted you to travel that far, I only live about 60 miles away from him but you know me and traveling so I was cut up at not attending, we are very lucky to have such fond memories of Tec. Thank you for sharing Tecs daughters email with us all, wonderful hymns and I can imagine the strong baritone voices <3

Barbra hope all is good with you :-)

Hello SueMaid hope you and family are ok, yes Tec has left us all many lovely memories :-)

Sugarandspice, are you behaving like me? How’s the Boogieing coming on :-)

Jem, I have not seen much live Olympics just news headlines, what rugby I have seen was very good and fast and there seems to be more trys scored in 7 minutes and what the union scores in 40 mins how odd is that. I will have to see if I can see your thread and add a boogie :-) Hay Bluff is the best place to see Stars Jem take my word for it :-)

Mersey, Brenda, Bethan, Sallie, Sue in the Valleys, Hazel, Sylvia, AnnCardiff,

Hope you are all good or goodish and being well behaved like me :-)

Take care, stay safe and have a lovely weekend .

Night Night
Shaun <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 12 Aug 2016 15:43

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) <3

Hi Shaun :-) Glad we didn't need to get the search and rescue team out again! The arthritis is not up to scaling that mountain of yours any more! :-D :-D
Glad you have had your computer sorted.

Yes, I did watch the Rugby 7s. It was the first time that I have followed a Rugby 7s Competition. I found it exciting and very fast-paced and Team GB did very well, but the Fijians deserved the Gold!
I did do a thread, but there was not a lot of interest! :-D :-D :-D

We went on our Annual Expedition to see the Perseid Shower! :-D :-D
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1361533

Going to get stuck in to my £1 FMP and £1 BNA Month memberships now!

~~~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone, Love Jem <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 11 Aug 2016 20:54

Hello to everyone from the cave :-)

Well it has been a mixed week, last weekend I spent reading emails and pms from our Tec and not forgetting the stories of Sasha which I turned into a word/doc along with the rain-dance antics also framed a photo of Tec and his family, Tec will be well and truly missed but what lovely memories we have to hold onto.

Sunday evening I was going to post but the computer had other ideas, firstly a box came up saying that windows was closing because computer is at risk so booted up again about 8.00 everything seemed to be ok then the screen turned blue with a note saying that the catalyst failed.

So not knowing anything teckie about computers called it a day. Today computer sorted but mate does not know what caused the problem, system had a full scan and nothing was found.

Now this evening I have a large exclamation mark on bottom of desk-top that popped up it’s on a yellow background telling me about important downloads, it mentions windows 10 and I do not want it.

Usual visits to town in the mornings for OH and her shopping then visit Mum for a couple of hours, Mum his doing ok the last lot of new meds seem to be helping her and the finger is wagging well. OH’s concentration is getting worse; at one time she would sit for hours watching the quiz programs but owing to the lack of concentration she is wondering about more so I’m on my toes more and before.

I have not read back but can see Jem having a panic, I’m ok honest, have you been watching the rugby sevens??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ing to you all and sending cwtches to the ones that need them.

Thinking of you all, night night
From Fred Flintstone and Wilma<3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 11 Aug 2016 14:55

Booooooooooooooooo

sorry not been posting just got computer sorted will try and catch up with you later.

~~~~~~ing to you all and hope you are all ok.

shaun

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 11 Aug 2016 13:09

~~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

btw ...... Have any of you seen Shaun? :-S He's not been here since the 5th!

Hope you are ok Shaun <3

SugarandSpice

SugarandSpice Report 10 Aug 2016 12:26

Afternoon all,

Like Jem we seem to have a mixed bag as far as the weather goes today sunshine and showers tablecloths and tea towels etc., out drying nicely next lot nearly ready to go out.

Jem, Am going to use the FMP and BNA offer.

GlossyAnn, Lovely photos that was some walking you did that day.

Linda, Glad to hear that the funeral for Tec went off so well. Not a happy day but a good one.

Shaun, Hope things are OKish with you and yours.

Von, Swinging today or busy doing art?

Bye for now ~~~~ washing is done.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 10 Aug 2016 11:49

Good Morning Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

Another cloudy sunshine day here today, but it's not windy today.

Cloudy sunshine here today.

In case you haven't seen it, Mr M has a thread up with a link for Genealogical sites offers. I have had another month £1 FMP as well as British Newspaper Archives month sub for £1.

Don't forget to uncheck the automatic renewal in your personal account for both sites though.

Thanks Linda for passing on news from Tec's daughter about his funeral.
It sounds as though he had a wonderful send off, as was deserved. <3

Shaun, sorry, I'd been up all night with Ashton and somehow I managed to miss the bit about the Woodpecker attacking the other birds. :-(

~~~~~~~~~~ to Shaun and Everyone, hoping that you are all coping with whatever life is throwing at you all at present. :-) :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Aug 2016 13:10

Thank you Linda, it sounds as if it went as well as a funeral can do. Love the hymns, would have liked to hear those sung by the Welsh congregation. Bless him, Tec would have loved it.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 9 Aug 2016 09:48

I got this from Tecs daughter, so thought I would share it

I thought you would like to know how things went on Friday, The weather was bright and fine, there were more people than expected at the church. With many people from both Sides of the family and a good turn out from the village too. The service went well and was I think, very fitting. We had 'Eternal Father' and 'Love Divine, all loves excelling' as hymns during the service, and because it was Wales the singing was very loud and strong. Dad would have approved.

We went to a local hotel afterwards, over looking the Mawddach estuary. It was a long day but it went very well.

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Aug 2016 11:32

Hello Shaun Hope you are Goodish today :-) Very breezy here .but hey the Sun is out .for how long though ? Take care ~~~~~~~~All <3 :-) Barbra xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Aug 2016 21:20

Von, I am! But we have enjoyed it in a masochistic sort of way. Yesterday was hotter here than today we had some cloud today but we also had a very strong wind and OH has a very red wind burnt face :-D

Von

Von Report 7 Aug 2016 21:07

Lovely photos Ann. You must be worn out.

It's been hot here today. In fact too hot to do anything so I didn't, ;-) ;-) ;-)

Sat on my swing reading my book :-D :-D :-D
Had to water the garden this evening as the wind and heat had dried out all the plants.

Hope everyone has had a good day
Take care
<3 Von

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Aug 2016 20:56

I have just put photos of our weekend on the blog.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Aug 2016 17:37

Yes, a sad day for Tec's family to have lost their beloved father, Grandfather, uncle, brother, friend. He was a 'one off', gentle and kind, never a bad word to say about anyone and always a quip to make us laugh, even when he was in pain. Thankfully he no longer suffers. I only wish I could have met him. Still I do count him among my friends, albeit a cyber friend. One of the best.

Lovely words Shaun thank you.

Yvonne, we saw about the horrific jams getting to Blenheim and gave up on the idea of going. We had a lovely day in Westonbirt Arboretum instead. :-) <3