General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 6 + 1 of 843

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sallie

Sallie Report 10 Jul 2016 18:37

Ann, it's nice to know that there is someone else on the boards at that time of the morning with me. Jem,it was a nice surprise to see your reply so soon after I posted....good to know that we are not alone. :-) :-)

Shaun, thank you for your birthday wishes,it was great to get your pm. I hope that all is going along okay for you, M and your mum. I have sent you a pm and given you a bit of news about all that has happened here over the last few weeks.Hope you get it okay.

Thinking about you all and your families and hope that all is well with everyone.

Also thinking of Tec and his family.

Will try and post again soon, as soon as I can get my head ' in gear ' , to be able to write a decent message. Not too easy some days, I'm afraid. lolol!!!

Take care everyone.

Love, Sallie.xx <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jul 2016 10:40

I think you two Jem and Sallie are doing the night shift!!

As I said on Mo's thread Sallie, good to see you on here. <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 10 Jul 2016 02:35

Lovely to hear from you Sallie :-)

I think of you often and hope you are doing ok <3

Sallie

Sallie Report 10 Jul 2016 02:31

Hello everyone, it's a very long time since I have been on GR....hope that you and your families are all okay. Will try and 'chat' to you again soon.

Sorry to hear about Tec, I hope that he is comfortable and he will be able to go home again soon. I loved reading his posts on here and on other threads, his tales were always enjoyable.
Thinking of him, his daughter and family. Lynda, thank you for updating us with the news from his daughter.

Take care everyone.

Love, Sallie. xx <3 <3

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 9 Jul 2016 21:37

So sorry to hear about Tec.

Haven't been on the boards much as had a very busy time.
Have had a lot of problems with my blind trombonist friend who has had his diabetes really erratic and we were playing with our little band for an Age Connect conference on Monday.

Have had water leaks both in and out of the house.My mobile phone stopped working and someone bumped my car in car park...not much ,but enough for me to wonder what was next.

I just got back from our gig on Monday afternoon,having a cuppa with my trombonist after taking him home and my new mobile rang,and it was my granddaughter and friend who decided to surprise me and come for a couple of days.
They were sitting in my porch...good job I hadn't decided to have a break away!

So this is the first I have seen on the Wales thread for a while.
I do hope Tec isn't in too much pain and they sort out his breathing.
Thinking of you all .
<3 <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jul 2016 21:13

Thank you Linda I am sending Tec all my love, best wishes and positive thoughts ,will remain thinking of him. <3

Von

Von Report 9 Jul 2016 19:42

Linda
Thank you for letting us know about Tec. Sending my very best wishes to him <3 <3 <3
~~~~~~~ to Jem and anyone else looking in
Take care
<3 Von

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 9 Jul 2016 19:36

Thank You Linda :-) :-) <3

Thinking of Tec, and sending love and (((((hugs))))) <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 9 Jul 2016 19:00

I have just had a message from Tec's daughter letting me know that he has been admitted to hospital because his breathing is very poor. I haven't said much, but his health has been deteriorating noticeably over the past few weeks.

I hope that they will be able to help him and he will be able to come home again, but perhaps we need to keep him in out thoughts more than ever.

I will let everyone know whenever his daughter gets in touch

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 9 Jul 2016 17:25

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

It's a damp and drizzly day, here in the South West!
The new parents have gone camping in a tent in the countryside while Mum's Mum spoils the baby over the weekend! I hope their tent is still up :-D :-D :-D

Been very busy with "Radio Jem" :-D The Wales Footy Boys have really done us proud! Their Homecoming welcome in Cardiff yesterday was amazing, and well deserved!
It will be very interesting to see the progress of these boys in the future. Although I will always be a Rugby Girl :-D :-D :-D

We visited a picnic area on Tuesday, which we were aware of, but never been to before. We wanted to scout out new walking places. It was on top of the "mountain" that divides Pembrey from the Trimsaran area.

There was a little walk, but the main feature of it was the fantastic view all around. You could see the new Ffos Las Race Course from there and I managed to take a zoomed photograph of it.
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/38560269

I told OH that he can take his binoculars up there to watch the races, cos it's quite expensive to go to the races there for a day! :-D :-D

There was another group of horses to the side of the picnic area with a foal
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/38559519

There was a sort of "pagoda" type building there which was very pretty
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/38559091

A wooded pathway which had sheep to the side of it, but was a bit soggy, so OH jibbed out and I had to go alone!:-D
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/38560442

Hope you are recovering after all that Cheerleading, Shaun :-D :-D :-D
Hope M and Mum are ok :-) :-)

Ann, I hope your new light fitments are all up now, and working well :-)
The Butterfly Garden sounds lovely :-)

TEC <3

~~~~~~~ to Von, Sylvia, Linda, S&S, Mersey, AnnC, Sallie, Brenda, Barbra, Elizabeth, Bethan, Rollo, Hazel and all who look in on the Welsh Thread (hoping I haven't missed anyone out!) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 8 Jul 2016 16:51

Hello Everyone :-)

Live Wales Homecoming

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-wales-36735266

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 7 Jul 2016 20:13

Boooooooooooooooo :-D
Hello Everyone Hope you are all in good or goodish fettle <3

Been resting most of day after cavorting about on Radio Jem and here yesterday :-)

Night Night
From the cave
:-) <3

Von

Von Report 6 Jul 2016 22:56

Definitely Jem <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 6 Jul 2016 22:08

Oh Well! :-(

BUT WE CAN HOLD OUR HEADS HIGH!

WELL DONE WALES <3 <3 <3

Von

Von Report 6 Jul 2016 21:55

Nos Da <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 6 Jul 2016 21:53

<3COME ON WALES<3COME ON WALES<3COME ON WALES<3COME ON WALES<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9XUz_k-8wk
We'll keep a welcome in the hillsides,
We'll keep a welcome in the Vales.
This land you knew will still be singing,
When you come home again to Wales
<3 Wales<3Wales<3Wales<3Wales<3Wales<3WALES<3Wales<3
When you come home again to Wales.
HOLD YOUR HEADS UP HIGH BOYS YOU HAVE DONE YOUR COUNTRY PROAD
When you come home again to Wales
<3 WE ARE STILL SINGING IN THE VALLEYS <3 WE ARE SP PROAD OF YOU BOYS<3
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Night Night Everyone will chat tomorrow <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 6 Jul 2016 20:51

:-D shake rattle and roll :-0 Shake, rattle and roll :-D Shake, rattle and roll, :-0 Shake, rattle and roll:-D :-) :-) pom poms at the ready :-) :-) left twirl right twirl :-):-) spin 90 degrees , left twirl right twirl :-):-) :-):-)left twirl right twirl back flip :-):-) left twirl right twirl left twirl right twirl :-):-) a little boogie here and a little boogie there:-D

:-D shake rattle and roll :-0 Shake rattle and roll :-D Shake rattle and roll :-0 Shake, rattle and roll :-D :-):-)left twirl right twirl :-):-)pom poms to the right and pom poms to the left :-):-)
:-):-)a little boogie here and a little boogie there :-):-) then wave your pom poms in the air:-D :-D

:-D shake rattle and roll :-0 Shake, rattle and roll :-D Shake, rattle and roll, :-0 Shake, rattle and roll:-D :-) :-) pom poms at the ready :-) :-) left twirl right twirl :-):-) spin 90 degrees , left twirl right twirl :-):-) :-):-)left twirl right twirl back flip :-):-) left twirl right twirl left twirl right twirl :-):-) a little boogie here and a little boogie there:-D

:-D shake rattle and roll :-0 Shake rattle and roll :-D Shake rattle and roll :-0 Shake, rattle and roll :-D :-):-)left twirl right twirl :-):-)pom poms to the right and pom poms to the left :-):-)
:-):-)a little boogie here and a little boogie there :-):-) then wave your pom poms in the air:-D :-D

:-D <3 :-D <3 :-D <3 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 6 Jul 2016 18:30

Hello Welsh Footie Supporters and Anninglos :-D also anyone that pops in for a great WELSH experience BUT PLEASE TALK TIDY :-D :-D and don’t eat all the Welsh Cakes :-D

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D I'm going funny folks :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jul 2016 16:26

Linda, hope you enjoyed your play date!

Shaun will you stop darting in and out you make me giddy and you will do yourself an injury. :-D

Busy day today, first the weekly food shop, - that is always exhausting.
then, last week we got and OH fitted two new ceiling pendants in the lounge, the old ones were about 30 years old and are waiting to go to the tip. So this morning we decided the three matching (to the old lights) wall lights had to be changed. A visit to B&Q and OH is now fitting the wall lights. I can hear hammering and groaning so I guess he is on the outer wall trying to get screws in. Anyway it will all look good when done.

followed that by a visit to a small local garden centre where we bought a few plants to unfill parts of the garden. Stopped there for a coffee and shared a sandwich. Adjoining this garden centre and run by the man who owns it, is The Butterfly garden, an educational and landskills project launched in 2002, all sorts of things there apparently, veg gardens, classroom, chickens, cows and ducks. It is open to all students with learning difficulties, currently over 60 a week. They built a cabin and run it as a charity shop for the scheme. It just shows what the dreams and ideas of one man can achieve.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 6 Jul 2016 12:53

Hello Everyone :-)

Just darting in,hope you are all okay or okyish :-)

Shaun

<3