General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 8 + 1 of 677

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 Jul 2014 04:43

oh jude,

they could indeed have taken your sister home!

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 30 Jul 2014 22:00

Me again.....

5 mins ago...
Vic fell asleep and l was getting ready for bed when the phone rang, it was sisters friends at her church woundering where we were, we should have picked her up at 9.20....ooops....but if they were real friends they would take her home for us as they pass the entrance to where she lives every Wed and Sun....then we could relax :)

jude x

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 30 Jul 2014 21:32

Evening everyone:)

Shaun and Von......the car will be staying at her sons request as they want to use it to save costs on their car when they are there 2 days a week, l'm not a happy chappy, nor will sister when she see's it. We have the same questions most weeks "where is my car" "have you seen my car, l've been looking everywhere for it".."yes l can drive, l took another test" etc etc...l then say "your car will be sold and you don't have a license", and it goes on!! She really cannot remember she can't drive etc. A friend will have it in his drive, but its up to her son now!

Von...Sorry you've not been well, must have been a nasty bug as it came back, take care:)

AnnG...just read about Mr T....lets hope the blood test results can help....hopefully he's resting it??

Bethan...hope the exercise class went well, go girl. Well done both of you re the decorating, its one of those jobs that are horrible to start but as you get to the end its so nice to see the good results:)
l've done 2 sessions at charity shop another on Fri, today l steamed all morning...pheww..

Jem...oh yes the ipad is definately fandabbydozey..... ;-) ;-)...not sure what to do with the samsung thing now?
15 yr olds....oh my l'm so pleased its not me that has them, although l do have that to come...bless him ;-)

Tec...l do hope you are settled back home now with archie and that Shaun has replaced the fish he so cruelly ate??

Shaun.....oh l do hope you are behaving now, poor Tec and his fish, how could you??

Take care in that polly tunnel, don't over do it...what has happened to the tomatoes, can't find where that is mentioned.

Hello everyone not mentioned :-) :-)

Off to bed, nit nite

jude xx

Von

Von Report 30 Jul 2014 19:20

Ann - Sorry to hear that the Dr couldn't shed any light on the pain in T's leg.
Lets hope the blood tests show something so he can get relief for the pain.

My OH has a problem when he is out walking but the Dr diagnosed hardening of the arteries and he has a hospital appointment in August. He continues to walk but rests more often.

Shaun - sorry to hear about the tomatoes. Hope you can rescue the fruits. I too have been gardening in the evening when it is cooler.
Although it was worrying at the time all the rain has meant that the weeds come up really easily :-D :-D :-D

No sign of Tec- I do hope he is being well treated. I don't think it's wise letting him converse with the likes of William the Conqueror.
I ask you a Welshmen even talking to a Norman. :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0

Jem - I hope your grandson manages to sort his love life. On the whole 15yr old girls are more mature than 15yr old boys and it can be a such a difficult time for them. :-( :-( :-(

Bethan - pleased that exercise is going well. It should always be fun. Hope decorating is going well.

Jude- pleased decking has gone well. Is it not possible to remove your sisters car before she goes home? Surely it can be put somewhere else then it would be one less thing to worry about. Thinking of you <3

I had a lovely surprise today when son phoned from USA. We mainly keep in touch by email and chat but OH had emailed him when I was poorly so he phoned to see how I was.
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

~~~~~~ to anyone not mentioned
Take care
<3 Von

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 30 Jul 2014 18:29

Hello you lovely lot:-))))))))))))))))))
Still no rain, good job I have outside lights because we were out doors until gone 10 last night watering our poor Hydrangeas with the hose, they are a mass of flowers this year but are now struggling with the dry conditions. I have had to take drastic action in the poly-tunnel, potato blight on my tomatoes, for ten days now I have been removing the odd effected leaf and truss but when we went up there last night it was back in overdrive. I had hoped that I could keep it under control but I have now cut off all the leaf's and trusses that have not set in the hope of harvesting the trusses that have set.

AnnG~~please do not send a bear with sore head up here, I have enough problems with a one legged Goolly Bird:-)))))))))) Hope is visit to doc's is reassuring for him then is head should improve:-))))) Hope you are copping ok <3

Von~~happy to read that your house was not flooded.

Sylvia~~we like Nat King Cole, got several LPs but not been played for a while.
Hope your OH is managing in the basement,do you slide is food under the door, I hope you are feeding him:-))))))))))

Jude~~I'm chuffed that you had a good laugh over our antics :-))))))))))) I agree we are NUTTERS:-)))))))) Glad you happy with the decking, cannot wait to see photos.
Why don't your nephews take the care away as your sisters dose not drive now,I think you said somewhere that she don't drive now. Thinking of you all <3

Tec~~Are you back home yet??????? sorry I did not wash up after my stay but I thought I had better get back to my cave just in-case you and Archie took um-bridge:-)))))

Jem~~Sooooooooooooooo it was you that was stood on my tail feathers, no wonder I could not escape:-)))) Talking about boundaries , take Hay-on-Wye which is surrounded by the Parishes of Llanigon , Llowes ,Llanfair ,Bronydd ,Clyro , and also Clifford, and Glasbury , Hay-on-Wye is well and truly in Wales but it as a Herefordshire post code, how daft is that:-(((((((((((

Mersey~~I would not tell our lovely Jem of:-)))))) You cannot hide the stocks because they are a fixture just in-case I need them for Liverpudlians who cavort over the mountain on a pink scooter nicking my magic mushrooms:-))))))))))))))

Yvonne~~where are you hiding and what mischief are you up to:-)))))))

~~~~~~~~~ing to Sallie~~AnnCardiff~~Diane~~Elizabeth~~Sue~~Hazel~~and anyone that pops in.

Sun as gone down behind the wood so going to start watering.

You all take care <3

Night Night

Shaun

Edit, I forgot to mention that if all of a sudden I disappear for a while it want be me in bad health. Computer mother-board is causing proplems and could pack up any time. My mate is looking for new computer as I type. So don't panic :-) :-) :-)

shaun
x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Jul 2014 16:58

Tec, well as we expected doctor (she was not our normal one as he is on holiday) couldn't find anything wrong. Well how could she, the pain is inside his leg, no outward signs of swelling or redness and it comes and goes. All she could do is send him for a fasting blood test and urine test tomorrow. Sending him to the walk in clinic at the hospital which is a pain, instead of doing it at the surgery, because she can get the result back more quickly. She did make him stand and go up on his toes (which didn't hurt him) and she compared his legs, I suppose to check if one was a different shape. Afterwards it did occur to me that, as it must be two years since he last had it doen, she should have checked his BP. She also said Nurofen were a good thing to take. This morning he couldn't put his foot on the floor but it eased during the day. So we know where we will be spending our morning. (if we can find somewhere to park the car.) :-| :-S :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 30 Jul 2014 13:03

Good Morning Everyone :-) <3

Another sunny day here today, but breezy, so not so terribly hot!

Grandson has a new girl really wanting to be his girlfriend!! So far, he's dithering!! :-D

He had his heart broken by his first girlfriend. They had been friends for years, and she had wanted to go out with him for at least a year.
Not quite sure what happened there, but it didn't seem to settle. Mostly I think as he had never been "out" with a girl before, and he is shy with girls, and quite a bit out of his depth!!

This new girl is also a beauty. (I've seen her picture on his phone) She is from a different school.
Now Grandson is stressed, as she has finished with her present boyfriend, as she has become besotted with Grandson. He knows this, as he has seen her texts to his friend.

He does like her, but he's not sure if he wants the responsibility of her having broken up with her boyfriend, etc. as he doesn't know how he feels about her. Again- out of his comfort zone :-S :-D :-D
So they are going about together as friends in a group at the moment, and he talks to her for hours on a social network site.

Oh the joys of being 15 :-D :-D

:-)SHAUN-
Hope you and M are coping, and that you've not overdone things!

:-)TEC-
No, I never saw your stories about your dog. I think it was a little bit before my time on the boards, although I do remember you talking about them last year.

I would really love to read them.
One, because I know that they will be very entertaining!
and Two, because I absolutely love Mountain Dogs! :-) :-) :-)

:-)JUDE-
Glad you are having fun with your Fandabbydozey IPad:-D :-D :-D

But sorry about all your problems with Sis :-(
A couple of glasses of wine, on your lovely new decking tonight, is in order I think. Help you to unwind from the stress. :-) :-)

When are you bringing your beautiful sunshine onto this thread today, lovely MERSEY?
:-) :-) :-)

Thinking of you Ann:-)

Hi ~~~~~~~~~~~ to everyone not mentioned

Love to All- Jem <3 <3 <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 30 Jul 2014 12:27

Hello Everyone :-) :-) :-) :-)

Just made a few notes , will catch up later. :-)

Hope you are all ok <3

Shaun

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 29 Jul 2014 20:48

Hello, :-)

Von - Glad to hear that your flood has subsided. Thank goodness you didn't get any in the house.

AnnG - I hope that T gets on alright at his appointment, and that they can discover what the problem is, and put it right. Horrible being in pain all the time.

Jemima - Did you ever read my stories of life with Sacha, my Pyranean Mountain Dog? If not I will try to find them - I know you like a good laugh, and life with him was a good laugh - mostly :-D

Shaun - How very dare you breaking into my house and eating my poor fish that I've only just acquired. Had you have looked in the freezer you could have had chips with them. :-0

I was let out of my special room today and allowed to join the other guests in the dining room for lunch, accompanied by two helpers, one on each side in case I got lost - how considerate.
The other guests were interesting. I sat between Napoleon Bonaparte and Pontius Pilate. Across the table from me was William the Conqueror, and Hannibal.
Nice fellows really, but uncouth table manners I must say.

Hopefully I may be let out in the morning - now where did I leave Archie?

Take care everyone,
Tec :-)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 29 Jul 2014 20:37

Evening everyone :-)

Just a quickie to let you know l am still alive...lol

My new ipad arrived yesterday and its fandabbydozey, so much better than that stupid Samsung thing ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Been busy with work, sister and sewing for granddaughter.
Not really upto posting much cause l'm mentally knackered.

l've read back a few posts and saw that Tec had a strange 5 minutes, encouraged l see by Shaun........you did make me laugh Tec...brilliant.
Shaun....you made me laugh too, you are both nutters ;-)

Von...sorry to read about your flood, that wweather the other day was horrendous was'nt it. Keep nagging at the council to get those drains sorted!!

Jem...hope you are ok and the family ;-)

SylviaCanada.... it was just over 30c the other day, way too much for me, don't know how you stand that heat. Today was better about 26/27c

Sister...had an emergency meeting with social worker and CPN last Fri....the way sister is talking and behaving is very worrying and she walked into the middle of busy road and had to be grabbed by her s i l last week. When she moves back to her house the car will still be in the drive, l really don't want to be around when she see's it, that will be so cruel!!

Decking is looking fabuuulous......

nite nite
~~~~~~ to all l have missed xx
jude xx
Off to bed now as l have work in the morning:) ;-) ;-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 29 Jul 2014 20:11

Hello Gang :-) :-) :-) :-)
Not read back will catch up with you tomorrow, heading up to poly-tunnel now it's nice and cool.
been lay down for a couple of hours resting so I'm not to bad.

You all take care.

Shaun

<3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Jul 2014 19:09

Hi Shaun, and everyone

our hot weather is back again ................ around 30C in the shade in my back garden, and in the low 30s in the house.

OH has retreated to the basement again ............ he may be sleeping down there for some time. The experts are saying this hot weather could be with us for 2 weeks or more.

It's the "lazy hazy days of summer" :-D

I love Nat King Cole's version

Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Those days of soda and pretzels and beer
Dust off the sun and moon and sing a song of cheer

Just fill your basket full of sandwiches and weenies
Then lock the house up, now you're set
And on the beach you'll see the girls in their bikinis
As cute as ever but they never get 'em wet

You'll wish that summer could always be here

Dust off the sun and moon and sing a song of cheer

Don't have to tell a girl and fella about a drive-in
Or some romantic movie scene
Right from the moment that those lovers start arrivin'
You'll see more kissin' in the cars than on the screen

Songwriters
TOBIAS, CHARLES/CARSTE, HANS/BRADTKE, HANS

take care everyone

s
xx

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 29 Jul 2014 18:43

Anyway Shaun..

HEREFORD....
According to Domesday, it was "Herefordshire in Wales".
So with that in mind- me and you, and the rest of the Welsh Thread, are claiming it back for Wales! ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Mersey

Mersey Report 29 Jul 2014 18:34

Shaunie you can't tell Jems off its against the law !! hides stocks :-0 :-D :-D

>>>>>>>. scarpers before I gets into trouble again ;-)

~~~~~s to all Welshies <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 29 Jul 2014 18:20

Suitably chastened Shaun :-( :-( :-D :-D :-D :-D <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 29 Jul 2014 16:14

Von~~he told them funny people in white coats that he did not know me :-0 :-(
That's why I broke into is house and had is fish for breakfast, they were lovely.
I also found a nice lump of ham, that was my dinner NOW I'm looking for my tea :-)

Glad you had no damage done, did you have a nice nap on your swing-seat :-) :-)

Jem~~your in bad books :-0 I'm on the Welsh Marches, bordering the place you mentioned. If that word is mentioned round here you could end up in the stocks.
Did you know that in the city of that word you can still shoot a Welshman after midnight :-0 :-0 :-0 in 1976 our boundary was moved and yes we are now in the county of that city, I WILL ALWAYS BE IN RADNORSHIRE :-P ;-) :-)

shaun

Von

Von Report 29 Jul 2014 15:05

You might at least go back and rescue Tec.

He will be a shadow of his former self with only bird seed to eat. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 29 Jul 2014 14:57

Two mad birds
planed to run away from the
mental hospital, they agreed that
they will go to the gate; beat up the
watchman then open the gate and
run away..... When they reached the gate , the watchman wasn't there
and the gate was wide open.... They
said to each other our plan has failed, lets
go back indoors and try again tomorrow.
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Von

Von Report 29 Jul 2014 13:14

Swims to the surface ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

We are fine thank you and gradually the water subsided but I have trays under my pots and they are still full of water so won't have to water for a while.

Luckily it didn't come into the house. It was strange to see local places on TV.

It's a lovely day again currently 24 with a cool breeze. :-D :-D :-D

Off to sit on my swing :-D :-D :-D :-D
Take care everyone
<3 Von

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jul 2014 12:53

Shaun T's appointment is not until tomorrow, his leg still hurts, if it doesn't stop soon I'll be sending him up the mountain with you. (bear with sore head, he needs a cave!)
We picked runner beans on Sunday (no string ones they were good)

Jem glad you enjoyed your scifi, not my type of entertainment but you obviously thought it was good.

Bethan, slow down or you will meet yourself coming back :-D

Von, hope you have dried out. Hopefully everyone has stopped doing the rain dancing, although we have not had any here since a week last Saturday when we had torrential rain all day.

Tec, I should stay there in the cool, maybe they will bring you a cuttlefish to chew on. :-D :-D