General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 8 + 1 of 874

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 6 Feb 2017 18:49

Hello Everyone <3

It as done nothing but piddle down all day rain,hale,sleet and some white fluffy bits cascading round the house with strong winds.

Jem, WE DID IT ,WE DID IT, WE DID IT 33 - 7 :-D <3

Linda do you like pork crackling? Saturday I cooked OH a small piece of pork loin for lunch and there was a lovely bit of crackling on it, I love it but I was a very good boy and settled for my steamed fish :-)

~~~~~~ing to everyone and hope you are all managing ok OR okish <3

Night Night from the arctic :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 5 Feb 2017 18:41

Well done Wales, your win was more convincing than ours.

I don't eat pork scratching Shaun, it was my home made granary bread which cracked my tooth

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 5 Feb 2017 16:09

WE DID IT ... WE DID IT .... WE DID IT! Wales have beaten Italy 33-7 :-D <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 5 Feb 2017 16:04

HARRY SECOMBE
We'll Keep A Welcome Lyrics
Far away a voice is calling
Bells of memory chime
Come home again, come home again
They call through the oceans of time

We'll keep a welcome in the hillsides,
We'll keep a welcome in the Vales.
This land you knew will still be singing,
When you come home again to Wales.

This land of song will keep a welcome,
And with a love that never fails.
We'll kiss away each hour of hiraeth,

We'll keep a welcome in the hillsides,
We'll keep a welcome in the Vales.
This land you knew will still be singing,

This land of song will keep a welcome,
And with a love that never fails.
We'll kiss away each hour of hiraeth,

We'll kiss away each hour of hiraeth
When you come home again to Wales

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 5 Feb 2017 15:35

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss :-D

Left twirl right twirl left twirl right twirl and shake it all about :-0 boogie to the right boogie to the left, left twirl right twirl and wave your pompoms in the air:-) left twirl right twirl left twirl right twirl and shake it all about :-0 boogie here and a boogie there left twirl right twirl left twirl right twirl and throw your pompoms in the air :-) ooh la la right twirl left twirl right twirl left twirl boogie here and a boogie there shake to the right shake to the left and wave your pompoms in the air :-)

Oggy Oggy Oggy!
Oi Oi Oi!
Oggy Oggy Oggy!
Oi Oi Oi!
Oggy!
Oi!"
Oggy!
Oi!
Oggy Oggy Oggy!
Oi Oi Oi!

:-D :-D :-D

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 5 Feb 2017 15:10

Hello Everyone <3

Yvonne I’m happy to read that your husband is now back home, it must have been a worrying time for you all. I hope he improves by the day and with medication this will not repeat itself .

Jem “ don’t panic “ little and often then it will be sorted no good rushing and making yourselves poorly “ are you listening to uncle shaun ? Sorry you are still having to put up with your cough. I’m twirling Jem but had to fix extra wide stabilisers on zimmer :-D

Linda I’m glad your tooth has settled down BUT you must keep off the pork scratchings :-)

Sylvia hope you are having some relief from your cough.

Bethan sounds as if you and Mathew are having a great time, who knows Mathew could turn out to be another Welsh baritone :-)

Von, yes spring is round the corner we have snowdrops out and the Jasmin is a mass of bloom, daffs are up but not in flower.

Mersey lovely to see you pop into the mad-house :-) hope you are keeping ok OR okish.

Brenda glad you are feeling much better hope you improve by the day.

~~~~~ing to friends not mentioned and sending cwtchs to those who need them <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Feb 2017 21:52

Hi Brenda ........

glad to hear you are feeling better.

I am also on the upturn, having been able to get some sleep most nights this week. It really makes a difference getting decent sleep.

It is now almost 4 weeks (next Monday) since I started with this cough.

Wednesday night's sleep was very disrupted as our motion sensor alarm in the basement went off twice, once at about 1:15 am and then again at about 5:30 am. We had to do a thorough search each time of course, but it seems to have been a malfunction .......... we have to investigate further and possibly / probably call the company in to do a check.

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 4 Feb 2017 21:46

Jen,so sorry you are still suffering with your cough and not getting much sleep.so many people have been struck with this bug and it seems to take a long time to clear up.

I am feeling much better,but mine wasn't so much the cough ,but the pleurisy and sinusitis...had a blood test yesterday for this,but I had a phlebotomist who didn't do a good job and I have the biggest bruise,around the bend in my elbow..must be at least 6in long and can hardly move my left arm.but as long as the result is good I don't mind.
The weather here has been quite nice..cold but sunny.
Sylvia,hope you do not send your snow over here!...but do hope your cough is improving
Shaun,
Keep warm and well in your cave

Sending everyone good wishes and hope you are all OK...ish <3 <3 <3 <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Feb 2017 21:14

well, we have another blast of winter ..... an arctic outflow brought 3 very bright sunny but cold days and then we got snow yesterday and today.

So far we have about 11 cm at the house, and "they" say there is more to come before it turns to rain.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 4 Feb 2017 11:43

Good Morning Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

It's a sunny but very cold day here in the South West.
There was heavy sleety rain with a bit of snow here about 7.30 last night, but it's cleared up now.

I have not been too brilliant the last few days, or should I say nights. I have been existing on about 2/3 hours sleep, and that was broken! . I never sleep well, but that was getting ridiculous. Of course this awful cough does not help matters!
I was not too bad (for me) last night, thankfully.

The Six Nations kicks off this afternoon at 2.25pm with Scotland v Ireland, followed by England v France.
THE BIG ONE ... ITALY v WALES is tomorrow afternoon. Kick Off at 2pm.
Not everyone's "Cup Of Tea" I know, but anyone who is interested will be more than welcome on the Rugby Thread
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1364283

GET TWIRLING SHAUN... YOU CAN USE THE ZIMMER FRAME :-D <3

~~~~~~~~~ to Von (Lovely Daff!) :-) and Mersey :-)

~~~~~~~~~ Everyone Else :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 4 Feb 2017 08:39

Good morning to Shaunie,Von and Co...... <3 :-D <3

Shaunie and M as always, sending you Liverpool hugs and more to you both <3
Maybe your mushrooms be big ones :-D ;-) :-D

Von mwahhhhhh <3 <3

Bethan baby Mathew is such a cutie pie and I hope you will be able to get
the sleep and rest you deserve.
<3

~~~~~~ s to all......I am trying to catch up on threads , so bare with me
So I can try and not get told off or me wrist slapped :-D :-D ;-) <3

Von

Von Report 2 Feb 2017 13:44

~~~~~~~~~~~
S&S - really pleased to hear that your OH is home. Must be a great relief.Yes we do have the yukky weather.

Jem - hope the decorating is progressing. Must be lovely to see the little one so often.

Bethan - good to hear about Matthews progress. Great that you are able to join the groups. A good opportunity to make friends for you and Matthew.

Shaun - hope every thing is ok on the mountain.

Spring is on it's way in my neck of the woods. My daffodils have opened and I have little cyclamen and snowdrops out :-D :-D :-D
At last I thought I had lost the daffodils as in 2015 they came out on Dec 1st. There was nothing up in early December 2016 but now they are all up and more are blooming everyday. I took some photos today.
Take care

<3Von

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 2 Feb 2017 11:54

Hi S&S:-)
I'm so glad your OH is home :-)
Thanks for your input re the decorating, You are right!

Hi Bethan:-)
The Mother & Baby groups sound great. Especially the singing one .... it almost makes me wish I had a baby:-D

Good Morning Everyone :-) :-) <3
Sunny but very, very windy and cold here.
(EDITED at 12.44- now it's very dark, gloomy with icy rain!!!)

GS1, G & Baby were here for the evening again yesterday.
Baby has grown so much and is such a happy baby with glimpses of a brilliant sense of humour in development!:-D
His Nan (Mum's Mum) Skyped G while they were here! He was kissing the phone :-D <3

WALES (and England) TEAM IS ANNOUNCED SHAUN!
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1364283?jump=1364283

~~~~~~~~~~ TO EVERYONE :-) :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 2 Feb 2017 11:47

Morning all,

To everyone. Husband is now home the hospital staff did a grand job again. This is the second time in 7 months this has happened with no guarantee that it won't happen again.

Welshkitty, Mathew will outgrow his colic give him a few more weeks then it should be gone. One of my grandchildren had really bad reflux to start with as the weeks went by so the reflux gradually got better then when they were able to sit upright it seemed to clear up pretty quickly. So, there is hope. You try to relax and get a decent night sleep you need it while he is small.

Jem, I don't like decorating don't like the mess. Sometimes though you just have to have it done. Don't get worked up over it. If it takes a while then think of it as living an alternative lifestyle. A new front door that's a start.

Linda, Hope the tooth eventually settles down.

Shaun, Keeping my fingers crossed that the results are what you want.

GlossyAnn, In the last 10 we have spent more time in hospitals with both husband and myself than we did in the first 40 years of marriage. So this last episode was just another of those things.

Von, You got our mucky rain up where you are.

Sylvia, Hope the cough is improving slowly.

Bye for now. Chores to do.

Edit. Spelling and grammar is appalling. That's what happens when I rush it.

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 2 Feb 2017 02:06

Evening/morning all,

This week me and Matthew have joined two baby groups which involve singing and sensory development. The first group Matthew basically slept through but they second group he was awake and seemed to enjoy.
Hope everyone isn't too wet with this lovely rain we are having!

Linda sorry to hear about your tooth hope it improves and you can enjoy meat again.

Von hope all is well with you

Sugarand spice I hope you are right about about sleepless nights improving lol he is kinda improving but I've gotten myself into pattern of staying awake just in case something happens so I'm going to have to sleep train myself let alone the baby. Wishing best wishes to your hubby and hope he feels better soon.

Anninglos sounds like you had a nice day out :-)

Sylvia hope you continue to improve and that cough leaves you soon.

Shaun hope all is well on you mountain

Jemima sounds like you are having a busy time with decorating in your home

To everyone else hope you are well

Bethan

<3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Feb 2017 00:41

well, I have finally had 2 nights of semi-good sleep, so am feeling brighter, and less "foggy" :-D

Linda .................

I had 3 wisdom teeth removed when I was 21, the 4th has never emerged .........

I wonder if that is the reason why I'm loopy at times? :-D

I also had about 3 molars on the bottom (2 on 1 side, 1 on the other) removed by the school dentist in the days when it was "take 'em out, don't fill 'em".

I still manage to eat meat :-D

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 1 Feb 2017 23:38

I think you need DIY SOS to turn up and do your House for you Jem. Of course, you may not like the decor if Anthony Llewelyn Bowen chose it.

My tooth has settled down and doesn't hurt at all unless I do anything rash such as try to eat with it. Annoying as I normally eat on that side. I had my wisdom tooth taken out on the top of the other side, so there is nothing for my bottom teeth to chew against. That makes eating meat very difficult.I will have to become a vegetarian, or just liquidise everything, old people style :-(

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 31 Jan 2017 21:28

Good Evening Everyone :-) :-) <3

Everything is on "Go Slow" here.
Still in a mess with the bedroom, as a lot of preparatory work is badly needed before the wallpaper can go up. As neither of us are in good health, it has to be done as and when we are able.
It is difficult, because this is such a tiny house, with little storage space, so clearing rooms is almost impossible and there's mess everywhere.

We have had to put the damp proofing of the kitchen floor off until the bedroom is done, as it will be a 4 day job, and we will have to store cooker and washer in the shed! Fridge will need to go in the parlour where most of the bedroom contents are now!

But we now have a new front door! :-D :-D :-D :-D

SHAUN,
What a traumatic time you have had.
Sorry to hear that the colonoscopy was such an ordeal. I hope the results will be back shortly and will be ok:-)

S&S,
So sorry to hear that your OH is in hospital. I hope he will be better and home with you soon :-)

ANN,
I'm glad that you are pleased with your new kitchen floor.
It sounds like you had a good day in Gloucester.

oh btw ... I have watched that Medical Mysteries programme. It has given a lot of food for thought, with many symtoms certainly similar. I have emailed the programme link to my daughter.
GS1 sees the Neurologist next the middle of February.

BETHAN,
Lovely to hear about little baby Matthew's progress, and that everything is going well.
It seems that Moo has taken to him too! :-)

VON,
Glad you had a great Burns night. Hope You and Yours are well:-)

LINDA,
Sorry to hear about your poor tooth. I hope it can be saved and that you are not in too much pain now :-)

SYLVIA,
Sorry to hear that you still have your cough. I hope it will improve soon :-)

BRENDA,
I hope you are much better now :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone Looking In :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 30 Jan 2017 15:20

Hello Everyone <3

Yvonne I’m sorry to read that your OH had to go into hospital, glad he is improving and hope they can sort out the problem. I’m ok thank you re my hospital examination just waiting for the results now. Happy to read that you have not binned any important family history snippets :-)

Linda sorry your wisdom tooth is causing you discomfort hope it is sorted soon. Touch wood “ hand on head “ I’m wonderful from the jaw up health wise :-D

Ann glad you have got your flooring all sorted :-)

Von plenty of mammoth skins but now yurt but it is lovely and exhilarating star gazing this time of the year, plenty of goat and wild boar hotpot with a bottle of brandy:-)

Sylvia sorry you are still pestered with that cough hope it clears up soon :-)

Jem I hope things are looking ship-shape :-)

Heavy rain and mist here today and milder, Sunday was also the same but Saturday was lovely and sunny but there was a chill in the wind. My brother was here most of Saturday splitting wood and filling the front porch up with blocks.

~~~~~~~ing to friends not mentioned hope you are all okay or okay-ish thinking of you all and sending cwtchs to those who need them<3

my mouse is behaving like a rat:-0

Keep warm and stay safe<3

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 29 Jan 2017 09:26

Morning all,

Sylvia, Thank you for your get well wishes I will tell him when I next see him. I like Ann rub Vick round my throat when I have a cough I also rub it round my nose to help with the breathing and sleeping. Have you tried putting two pillows like an upside down V then a third one pushed up against the other two in the middle, It makes you sleep more upright but not completely upright.

GlossyAnn, Your so right you have no idea what is around the corner in life.

This is the same thing that happened last year when we were away for the weekend with friends and I had to get the emergency services involved.
After being starved for the last 3 days he is now allowed black tea, black coffee and Bovril, no milk in drinks yet., definitely no food not even clear soups or yoghurts yet. They are taking it slowly slowly. A few more days then he should be home.

I'll be popping in and out for the next however long but will try and at least keep reading if not posting.