General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 8 + 1 of 864

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Von

Von Report 20 Nov 2016 20:33

No hair left :-0
Nails bitten to the quick :-0
What a vision as I dance around the room- Andy Murray no 1. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Shaun - I sincerely hope you aren't dancing along. Really pleased you had a good day with the family.

Jem - sorry to hear about grandson. Let's hope they can get to the bottom of the problem soon. <3

S&S - pleased you enjoyed Tenby. I really need another visit to the records office at Haverfordwest. Can't believe we didn't take extra time when we were down in the summer. I got my first PDF from the GRO today :-D :-D :-D

Ann - What's your avatar. Is it an exotic creature in your garden? ;-)

Sylvia - you're right of course. It was a fantastic match.

~~~~~~~ to Linda and anyone else looking in
Take care
<3 Von

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 20 Nov 2016 18:09

Hello Everyone <3

Been resting up today, lovely day yesterday with family and OH was not too bad and laughing at what was going on. Dreadful weather, sleet,hail,heavy rain and strong winds but no way as bad as what some folk have had.

Linda you are not daft it was a very touching thought I bet Tec was having a giggle I also bet he was shouting at the TV regarding the match:-) I was checking to see how many Christmas cards I had the other day and came across all the Gr cards I had last year SO Tec’s will be on the mantelpiece this year a long with Sandie’s. So I must be daft or “ Simples” :-)

Von are you getting comfy for the tennis ? have a couple of pills before it starts first :-)

Jem I’m so sorry to read that things have not been good for you all, I can understand Grandson getting depressed it must be very worrying and frightening for him and you all when he as a seizure. Sending you all a cwtch <3

~~~~~~~ing to friends not mentioned <3
Takecare be good and stay warm.
Night Night Everyone

VON IT IS COMING ON, STOP BITING YOUR NAILS :-D

COME ON ANDY :-D

LETS HAVE A JIG FOR HIM

Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl, Little Boogie Here Little Boogie There, Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl :-D Oggy Oggy Oggy! Oi Oi Oi! Oggy Oggy Oggy! Oi Oi Oi! Oggy!Oi!Oggy!Oi! Oggy Oggy Oggy! Oi Oi Oi! :-D Left Twirl Right Twirl & Shake It All About :-D Boogie To The Right & Boogie To The Left, Quick Step Here & Quick Step There :-D Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl & Shake It All About:-D Step To The Right Step To The Left Back Flip Forward Flip.:-D Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl :-D:-D Oggy Oggy Oggy! Oi Oi Oi! Oggy Oggy Oggy! Oi Oi Oi! Oggy!Oi!Oggy!Oi!Oggy Oggy Oggy! Oi Oi Oi!:-D Left Twirl Right Twirl & Shake It All About :-D Boogie To The Right & Boogie To The Left, Quick Step Here & Quick Step There:-D Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl & Shake It All About:-D Asso Asso Yogoshi, Asso Asso Yogoshi, Asso Asso Yogosh:-D Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl :-D Op, op, op, op Oppa Gangnam Style Op, op, op, op Oppa Gangnam Style :-D Step To The Right Step To The Left Little Shimmy Here & Little Shimmy There :-D Oggy Oggy Oggy! Oi Oi Oi! Oggy Oggy Oggy! Oi Oi Oi! Oggy!Oi!Oggy!Oi! Oggy Oggy Oggy! Oi Oi Oi!:-D Left Twirl Right Twirl & Shake It All About :-D :-D Boogie To The Right & Boogie To The Left, Quick Step Here & Quick Step There:-D Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl & Shake It All About:-D Put Your Left Arm In Your Left Arm Out, In Out In Out You Shake It All About You Do The OKEY-COKEY And Turn Around That’s What It’s All About Okey Cokey Cokey, Okey Cokey Cokey, Okey Cokey Cokey, Okey Cokey Cokey That’s what It’s All About :-D Boogie To The Right & Boogie To The Left, Quick Step Here & Quick Step There:-D Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl & Shake It All About:-D:-0 Asso Asso Yogoshi, Asso Asso Yogoshi, Asso Asso Yogoshi :-D Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl:-D Op, op, op, op Oppa Gangnam Style Op, op, op, op Oppa Gangnam Style:D Step To The Right Step To The Left Little Shimmy Here & Little Shimmy There:-D A Little Rumba Here And A Little Rumba There, Okey Cokey Cokey Okey Cokey Cokey Okey Cokey Cokey That’s What Il’s All About :-) Left-Twirl Right-Twirl Left-Twirl Right-Twirl :-D

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I had better get my pills :-0 :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Nov 2016 16:58

Jem, thinking of your grandson, what a terrible worry and sad for him because it is spoiling the early days with his son. I do hope that they can find the solution and help for the problem. Thinking of you all. <3 <3 <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 20 Nov 2016 15:44

Oh dear Jem, you must be so worried about your grandson. I do hope they can sort the problem out quickly and help him.

It is a dismal afternoon here, but we haven't had any of the rain which was forecast. I will be glad when I can close all of the curtains and be cosy and warm.

Poor Shuan, your cave must be so cold and damp in weather like this :-(

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 20 Nov 2016 11:16

Good Morning Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

WE DID IT ;-) <3 :-D :-D
But by the skin of our teeth ....Thanks to Nigel's boy .... Sam Davies's drop kick with seconds left on the clock!

The sun is shining here, but it's quite cold.
I have been out to put new fat balls up and refill the seeds feeder for the birds, so they are chirping away happily now.

We are having a difficult time of things at the moment.
Our Grandson 1 is very poorly. Seizures after seizures, and he sleeps most of his life away. He is getting very distressed and depressed as his "friends" are dropping him one by one, and he is finding it all difficult to deal with.
Of course he is very young to have his own little family now, but I'm proud of him for standing by G and the baby and trying to make a real go of it.

We will be taking him to Glangwili hospital every morning this week for 4 mornings.
On Monday they are fitting a contraption to his head to monitor what's happening, and we go there the next 3 mornings for them to download the data for analysis.

They have been coming up every evening since last Sunday to watch I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here with us, cos it's a "family tradition" he says :-D :-D :-D

SHAUN :-)
Sorry to hear that you have had a nasty flare-up with your stomach. I hope it's getting a little better now :-)

S&S :-)
You sound as though you had a brilliant holiday in Pembrokeshire. Thanks for sharing it with us :-)
When I was young, my cousins used to come down from Oxford to stay with us for 2 weeks in the summer. As we had an Aunt living in Tenby, we would go there first, then tour the beaches- Tenby, Saundersfoot, Amroth and Wiseman's Bridge :-)

I was born in Carmarthen and lived there until I was 8, and again for about a year when I was 18. My brother lives just outside Carmarthen now.

LINDA :-)
Thanks for joining us on the Rugby Thread yesterday :-)
I hope your cold is getting a little better now.

VON :-)
It was also great to see you yesterday :-)Hope you have recovered enough to enjoy your Tennis Finals today! COME ON ANDY :-D

~~~~~ to Barbra :-)xx Thanks Barbra, I hope you and yours are well, too :-)

SYLVIA :-)
Hope things are good with you and yours in Canada :-)

~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone not mentioned :-) :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Nov 2016 00:19

Murray had better watch out!!

Raonic is going to beat him soon :-D

Von

Von Report 19 Nov 2016 17:56

My nerves are in shreds ;-) ;-)
What with the rugby and the tennis I have to go and lie down :-0 :-0 :-0
BBL <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 19 Nov 2016 16:29

Well done Wales, although you left it late

As I said on the rugby thread, the last time I saw Tec, he gave me a plant which he had grown as a cutting from one of his house plants, I split it and they are both growing well. The one on the hearth has just come into flower again. I am daft, but I turned the orange flowers round to face the TV screen so that they could watch the rugby. I like to think that Tec was watching

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 19 Nov 2016 12:04

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) :-) :-) <3

It's dark and damp but so far not raining here.

A busy day for me with the rugby.
Wales will be kicking off v Japan today at 2.30pm.
We are recruiting cheerleaders if anyone is interested ;-) :-D :-D :-D
....Pompoms will be provided on Our Rugby Thread :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone:-)
Will chat soon, Love Jem <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 18 Nov 2016 19:31

Yabba Daba Doooooooooo from the cave :-)

Had to put deer skin up at the cave door, it's snowing on the mountain but not sticking just blowing in the wind.

Sugarandspice yopu have had a lovely time in Wales by the looks of it :-)

Hello Barbra, hope all is good with you :-)

Jem,Von,Ann,Linda,Sallie,Mersey,Sylvia,Sue,Bethan,Brenda,Hazel,AnnCardiff,Gwyn,Jane hope you are all ok and warm.

Night night
from the Flintstones <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 16 Nov 2016 23:33

Hello a bit late but catching up on the Threads Jem sending best wishes to you & family <3 Shaun Have you got double glazing in the Cave x <3 To All Barbra

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 16 Nov 2016 20:46

Boooooooooooooooo from the cave :-)

Hope you are all being good and feeling ok <3

Not read back yet will get up to date with you soon, not been all that good nasty flareup with stomach the last 3 weeks. Got a follow up examination next Thursday regarding the upper gastrointestinal tests I had on the 5 September still waiting to have the lower tests done so a bit peed of that it as not been done, it should of been done on the 5th but I was late getting to my appointment and they only done the upper test if you remember. Something to do with having a flat tyre on the way.

night night and take care everyone <3

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 16 Nov 2016 13:56

Right you lovely lot I'm back.

Short update on my time in Tenby. it took us 5 hours to get there as we took our time. We like self catering accommodation as we can come and go as we please so had chosen a flat this time. After arriving Saturday afternoon we walked down to a beach bar/cafe to have a meal, while there the waitress told us of several other places to eat during our time there and boy was she right they all had superb cooks in the kitchen everything we ordered was cooked perfectly. It was portioned right as well not too much. Just right.

We spent Sunday just wandering around Tenby town.

Monday we went to St. David's cathedral where we spent a good 2/3 hours looking around.

Tuesday we went to Pembroke town to find the church where some of my ancestors were christened in. Then went to Saundersfoot as my husband had been told it had a lovely beach which it is.

Wednesday we went to Carmarthen to the shops as it was the only day we had rain, every other time we had rain it rained overnight. A good place for shopping. I was looking for a coat but couldn't find what I wanted.

Thursday my daughter walked some of the coastal path from Tenby to Lydstep we then picked her up in the car and moved onto Manobier for lunch.

Friday we bought postcards for the grandchildren as they love having letters and postcards. It's the novelty factor. Not many people actually write personal letters or postcards these days.

Saturday Had to leave, Boo, Hoo. Stopped off on the way back to have lunch with some friends which broke the journey for us.

Since being back I found the GRO website was being talked about on the General board. Have been looking up my families. It looks as if this might help me to break down a 20+ year brick wall. Hooray!

Von, You would not have needed your Vivofit if you had been with us we were walking every day for an hour or more at a time.

Shaun, I hope your research can help both you and your OH with her dementia.

Linda, Are the windows sparkling now or are you still suffering from a cold?

Jem, You have been really busy. Ashton looks lovely and cosy.

GlossyAnn, We also don't seem to have very many birds in the garden this year. Although the Rowan bushes were drooping they were so overloaded on our way down to Tenby

Brenda, Hope your friend gets things sorted soon. It's heart breaking when your pets are at the end of their life.

Weather here is lovely leaves on the trees are golden, sun is shining in a reasonably clear sky.

That's it for now. Have a good day everyone.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 13 Nov 2016 16:59

Hello Everyone,

Just got indoors, hope you are all ok or okish <3

will chat again.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 10 Nov 2016 17:12

My windows need cleaning Jem, but I have been feeling too ill to do them. I have a horrible cold again, courtesy of the little twins next door. So if you would like to pop round to do them, that would be good.

We haven't had any snow Shaun, but there were some cars parked in town with lots of snow on the roof, so it must be on the moors

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Nov 2016 17:09

Jem you seem to be seeing more birds than those of us on the bird thread on the hobbies board!!! Maybe they prefer home made feeding stations. :-D :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 10 Nov 2016 13:41

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

The sun is shining here. Some cloud, but it's quite cold.
I have opened my net curtains, and my sparrows are looking at me from their home made food station perch :-D
I hope they are saying Thankyou Jem :-D

So far, a hedgeful of House Sparrows, 2 Great Tits, Starlings galore (not so keen on them) Jackdaws, a male Blackbird, a Collared Dove and a Robin. :-D :-D

I've been very busy the last few days, cleaning windows, washing nets and curtains, ans want to start some decorating shortly.

I'm also very busy with the Rugby Thread as you can imagine with the Autumn International Tours underway.

:-)SHAUN,
The Wales Team has been announced for Saturday v Pumas, and is posted on our Rugby Thread (page 16)
I hope you are being VERY CAREFUL so that you don't have any nasty falls.
We need you in the cheerleading ranks :-D ;-)

:-)BRENDA
I was very sorry to hear about your problem. A very difficult situation for you. Not easy at all. I hope things will ease up a bit soon :-)

~~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone not mentioned :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 9 Nov 2016 19:18

Booooooooooooo from the cave :-)

Bit nippy init not to fret it could be worse and probably will be before spring.

Brenda you are going through a trying and stressful time at the moment by the looks of it and we all feel for you. Why shouldn't you have a rant get it off your chest and we can give you the support, that is what our lovely thread is for helping each-other in difficult times.

Ann I am being a good boy did not need a shovel :-)

Sylvia hope all is good with you and family.

Linda, Brrrrrrrrrr here also I hope the snow that is forecast for us will turn to rain so I can get out.

~~~~~~ing to friends not mentioned <3

take care and stay warm.

night night
Fred and Wilma :-)

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 8 Nov 2016 16:51

It sounds like hard work Brenda. Maybe the best thing for the dog would be to put it down. If he didnt have to worry about his dog, then he might be more receptive to going into a care home himself at least for some respite care

Brr it is cold here today, the snow is just a few miles away, hopefully it will stay away

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Nov 2016 01:12

Good advice, Ann

meanwhile, Brenda ..... ((hugs))