General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 8 + 1 of 834

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Apr 2016 09:49

Shaun I am sorry to hear about your Mum but what a fighter she is. Thinking of you and of her.

Sallie I am pleased the wedding went off OK I hope the young couple will be very happy in their life together.
Glad also that Alun has his date at last it will soon be over and he (and you) will be fine I am sure.

SugarandSpice

SugarandSpice Report 29 Apr 2016 09:45

Morning all,

Shaun, Like everyone else so sorry to hear your Mum is so ill.

Sallie, Good to see you posting don't worry about how long you need help to get better. The professionals wont keep looking after you once they think that y you are capable of looking after yourself. Just accept that you need their help for as long as it takes. Sorry to hear about Chrissie not having her Nan at her wedding. Takes the shine off it. Alun will feel so much better once he has had his operation I'm sure.

Bethan, You have disappeared again. You sound busy.

Von, Funny you saying about the armed police I was only thinking yesterday how living in the 'sticks' there are very few street cameras and how nice it is to be able to walk around without being watched. It really is a shame that we have to live like this but that's the way life is When you see them armed to the teeth you wonder what is going on but at the same time it gives you a sense of security. What a world we live in.

Jem, Like Von I too hope that your troubles in the family have been settled.

Barbra, Like Bethan you have disappeared.

Linda, Hope your guests appreciate your hard work for their stay. Tec is a law unto himself by the seem of it.

Bye for now. Have a good day if you can. .

Sallie

Sallie Report 29 Apr 2016 01:43

Shaun, sorry to hear about your mum. <3 Thinking about you an M and also your brother and his family. <3 <3

Also hope that your sciatica is much better and that you feel more comfortable. I expect M is enjoying watching the snooker.

Von, hope that your face is getting better, palsy is a horrible thing to have.....my sister-in-law suffered with it several years ago, not a very nice thing to have.

Jem, hope that your family problems have now been resolved, and that you are feeling a lot better.

Linda, thank you for the update on Tec, please give him my love when you next speak to him, also that his daughter will get his antibiotics sorted.
Hope that you had a lovely holiday in Venice.

Bethan nice to hear from you, hope that all is well with you and your family.

Hello Barbra, I don't think we have spoken to each other before.....it's nice to see you posting. Hope you are okay.

Things haven't been too good over the last two months, so sorry I haven't been on here for a while.

Christie's nan, was told that her throat cancer was terminal and that she had about six months or a bit less to live. So as Richard and Christie were planning to get married later this year and she wanted her nan to be at the wedding, they decided that they would try and get married on the first date they could get. So the date was last Sunday 24th April in Hailsham, East Sussex, but sadly Christie's nan died on the 6th April, as the cancer had gone to her lungs and her kidneys.

As everything had been paid, they couldn't postpone or cancel it, as they would have lost all the money and so would have all the guests as we had all booked into the same hotel.
So the wedding was last Sunday as planned, we all made a big effort to make it a happy day for Richard and Christie. It was a lovely wedding and Christie looked beautiful in her wedding dress and Richard made a lovely bridegroom in a navy blue suit, which matched the sash on Christie's dress. It was a happy day although tinged with sadness. Her nan's funeral was two days after the wedding on the 26th April
But I am sure her nan would have been happy for the wedding to go ahead.

We arrived home on Monday afternoon and there was a letter from the hospital telling Alun that his pre op assessment is next Thursday 5th May and he goes into hospital by 4 pm on Tuesday the 10th May and has his heart operation the following day the 11th.

I am still under the psychiatrist, the psychologist and the community psychiatric nurse, and have been told that I will be for quite a long time to come. I am lucky that I have such a wonderful and caring C P N and Psychologist.

~~~~~to everyone that I haven't mentioned, and hope that all is well with everyone.

Take care.

Love, Sallie. xx <3 <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 28 Apr 2016 20:30

Oh Shaun, I am so sorry to hear about your Mum!

I am thinking about your Mum <3 You and M <3 <3 and your brother's family <3

Von

Von Report 28 Apr 2016 20:27

Thinking of you Shaun

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 28 Apr 2016 19:57

Oh dear, I am sorry that your mum is so ill Shaun. She must have remarkable strength to have kept going so long.I remember that she was determined to make Christmas, and now she has seen half of the year out. My thoughts are with you.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 28 Apr 2016 18:56

Hello Everyone,
Not long got in, computer not been on since I last posted it as not been a good week. Mum was rushed into Hospital last Friday evening with blood count dangerously low, after some tests they discovered she's got sepsis. She as had a blood transfusion which the drs said she must have. Mum is a very poorly lady with pneumonia at the moment having loads of drugs intravenously .

Barbra, welcome back to the mad-house.

Linda,thank you for up date on Tec. Hope you had a great time in Venice. Go easy on the deep clean, hope you cough is better.

Jem, how you managing? it's white here and bitter cold winds.

Von, hope you are improving.

Sugarand spice, are you behaving?

got to go phone, to everyone <3

Von

Von Report 28 Apr 2016 16:31

~~~~~~~~
Sugar and Spice good to see you.

Linda - sorry to hear Tec needs more anti- biotics. Hopefully his daughter will sort him out. Please give him my best wishes when you speak to him.
Please take care ;-) ;-) ;-)

I've been to the big smoke today. Thought how lovely it was to be in town until I entered the barriers at King's Cross. Lots of armed policemen - no particular reason and by the time I came back they had gone.
It made me feel very sad. :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
Take care
<3 Von

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 28 Apr 2016 15:05

Good afternoon.

I have just had a chat with Tec. He is OK, but needs more antibiotics and the naughty man hasn't rung the doctor yet. His daughter is coming tomorrow to stay for the weekend, so hopefully she will sort him out.

I hope everyone is OK. I am currently deep cleaning in preparation for the arrival of visitors tomorrow. It takes a lot of effort to make it seem effortless while guests are here :-(

SugarandSpice

SugarandSpice Report 28 Apr 2016 09:31

Morning all,

Beautiful day here blue sky and sun is shining. Have no idea of how cold it is out though.

Jem, We had the weather with an identity crisis yesterday on and off from mid morning until the evening. Still managed to get the cotton sheets nearly dry out on the line. Am amazed that the Magnolia still had a lot of flowers on it this morning thought they would have all been knocked off with the force of the hailstones.

Von, Glad to hear that the Palsy is clearing up nasty thing to have.

No one else is about so will close, have a good day all.

Von

Von Report 27 Apr 2016 19:54

Jem
Thank you. I am beginning to see a great improvement. I've been very lucky. :-D :-D :-D

Take care everyone
<3 Von

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 27 Apr 2016 18:17

Rescuing us from half way down page 3! :-0 :-0 :-D

Hello Everyone :-)

We've got weather with an identity crisis, here on the South West Wales coast!
Sunny, warm, windy, cold and hailstones :-0 ALL AT ONCE! :-D

Shaun, Hope your sciatica is not still driving you up the wall! :-)

Hiya Barbra, lovely to see you in "Wales" :-)

Lovely to see you again, too Bethan :-)
Good to see that the cats are as crazy as ever lol! :-D

Linda, Glad you had a good holiday.:-)

Glad Tec is feeling a little better following a course of antibiotics <3

Von, I hope you will see some improvement in the palsy soon :-)

~~~~~~~ to Ann, AnnC, Sylvia, Sallie, S&S, Mersey, Elizabeth, Hazel and all who look in to the Welsh Thread :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 23 Apr 2016 15:03

We are back from Venice, having had an enjoyable time.

I have spoken to Tec, he has been ill during the week, but has had some antibiotics, so was feeling much better now.

He was telling me about his stairlift which has taken to making strange noises. He had it serviced, but they didn't know why it was making noises. It was alright for a while, but the noise is back again. He has called them, but no one has got back to him yet. I hope it doesn't break down while he is half way up.

He sends his regards to everyone as normal

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Apr 2016 20:43

Good Evening Shaun x & All Have a good weekend .sending <3 & (((((hugs))))) to those who need them .just started raining here in Sw Scotland after a lovely dry week but the evening,s were proper chilly.Bye Barbra xx <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 22 Apr 2016 20:23

:-) Hey~~~~Up it's the boy off the mountain :-)

~~~~~~~ing to you all and hope you all have a good weekend <3

will read back again sciatica driving down legs so sitting is a know know :-(

night night
shaun <3

SugarandSpice

SugarandSpice Report 21 Apr 2016 16:44

Hello all,

Well the weather here has been balmy, quite warm not much sun cloudy most of the time also humid.

Jem, Enjoy the walks it is good to get out and about as much as we can. Glad you like the name been after another one for a while.

Von, Hope the face is feeling a little bit more comfortable now. Time for a change of board name. Wasn't even thinking about it and the name popped into my little brain. Glad the teeth have settled. We are tickety boo here.

Shaun, Rest, rest and more rest.

Bye for now~~~~~~~~~~to all who look in.

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 21 Apr 2016 16:41

Well hello everyone!

I have been offline for months due to only being able to access online through my phone and trying to use certain sites is near impossible!

So what have I missed :)
Not much news from me mainly working.

Cat news, they are both still crazy and I had to stop them beating up a fox on Monday morning, the poor fox must of thought they were mental lol

Hope everyone is well

Bethan <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 21 Apr 2016 16:05

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) <3

The weather here today, on the South West Wales Coast, is not as nice as yesterday.
It is a bit chilly, windy with sort of hazy cloudiness. Rain is on it's way again, methinks :-D

It was a beautiful day here yesterday. Sunny and warm.
We went for a long walk on a nearby stretch of the Coastal path that we haven't managed to find an access into before. So it was a new walk for us.

We accessed it through a lovely country walk near the Wetlands. which was very pleasant. It meandered until it reached marshland, which the tide would cover mostly had it been in.
It was a more rugged stretch of coast, but a lovely walk.

We saw a duck wandering down a path in front of us and lots of birds. We saw geese in flight. Curlews were at the edge of the sea and another bird in flight which may have been a shearwater.
And horses!

As "a picture paints a thousand words".... here are some piccies to share the walk (rather than my photography lol! :-D) with you all

The country path to the Coastal Path
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/29399668

Along the path
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/29400522

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/29402056

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/29399790

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/29402289

Gower View
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/29399896

Shaun,
I hope you are managing to get some rest while M is watching the snooker.
OH is watching it at the moment.
My camera is a Nikon Coolpix L810. It's not bad, but sometimes the photos lack oooomph. The videos I take on it are good when played back on the camera screen, but my laptop starts off playing them great, but then starts freezing! They look great on the telly though!

What I don't like about it, is I would have preferred to have been able to put the camera to my eye rather than look at the screen, as I am long sighted. Also when the sun is out, you cannot see the screen! So it's pressing and guessing! :-D :-D

I now have a Nokia Lumia phone which take lovely pictures. But same problem with a screen.

Von,
I hope you are not suffering too much discomfort with the palsy. :-)
Glad your teeth have settled down now.
We also had an old mine on the beach of my home village that we used to play in!

Hi Sugar And Spice..... and All things nice :-)
Apt name :-) :-)

Ann,
Hope you and T are good :-)

RStar
Hope you are having a lovely time in Wales.
All the best for Saturday :-)

Linda
Hope you are having a great holiday, and that you are feeling better now :-)

TEC <3
Sending love and ((((((( hugs )))))))

~~~~~~~~~~ to all those not mentioned :-) :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 20 Apr 2016 20:53

Boooooooooooooo:-)

I'm being good " honest " been putting legs up while OH is on the snooker, she's watching it now:-)

The trouble with elevating legs all the time is that is dose not help the base of spine :-(

Hello Von, hope things are improving for you <3, lovely sunshine the last couple of days here also but frosts in the mornings.
I managed to get up to the poly tunnel yesterday afternoon and today for a short while.

~~~~~~~~~~ing to everyone and hope you are all managing ok<3

night night from the cave :-)

Von

Von Report 20 Apr 2016 19:22

~~~~~~~ . Hope everyone is tickety boo.

Lovely sunny day here today.
Take care
<3 Von