General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 8 + 1 of 633

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 2 Apr 2014 21:57

Evening everyone:)

Definately not washing drying weather today and l had quite a pile of washing to go out...the tumbler did it instead:)

Diane..l am so sorry to read about your appeal be refused, please keep your chin up OK...take care x

Bethan....thats so good to hear about the blinky chavs, what a relief for you both...pheww. Great too to read that you enjoyed the charity shop, are you on the shop floor or upstairs, do they have an online sales?? Hows that Leo??

SylviaCanada...wow thats good the house is all settled, that seemed to go by quite quickly. Hope the physio does the trick. Is your mothers day is the same as USA?

Von...before l forget, l have been playing about with the fabric storage boxes and taken some photo's, will try and get them onto AnnG blog.....a few foo parrrs but good fun. The reason l'mdoing it is cause Oxfam do a competition each yr for the public to make something from a used item..upcycling l think its called, l bought an old pr of jeans and bright pink childs dress that had been thrown out. The one's l've made are samples only...lol

Shaun...still don't know who made the racket under the floor boards, l even took a wardrobe drawer....out yesterday to make sure there were no holes...lol
Yes l think you are right about the Water Vole, how cute is that, apparently there are loads in the woods next to us and the Gwent Wild life know about them too, cause they are abit rare nowadays!

Tec...hows you doing?? l'm reading a book at the moment called "My Gentle Barn" by Ellie Laks from USA...brilliant so far, she written it from the heart and its her experiences with animals and how animals saved her basically, then she inturn saved them:)) If you would like to borrow it l could post it to you when finished??

AnnG...your patio sounds lovely, now the best bits adding the pots and plants etc.
We are waiting for another blinky decking quote, should be by Monday-Wed approx, fingers crossed its a good price, so fed up with the garden as it is, not safe for Madoc and a mess... :-( :-(

~~~~~#to everyone not mentioned:)

Sister...was in a very sad mode this morning, saying how she has done nothing, seen no one (and l know full well how busy she has been, but at 9am not many people are out and about)....but a different person at the hairdressers 1.45.....you would'nt know she had a problem. Her carer brought her and took her back. When she is with friends/family she will tell them awful stories of how no one see's her, Jude is having a break down!!!! her son always argues with her etc etc.....when with strangers (l was sitting next to her at hairdressers), she can chat/ask and answer questions as if there is no problem. She always asks me about the grandchildren infront of others and then does the sad thing about not having any....grrrrr.(always makes me feel guilty)....she's either very clever or that really is how she is now and thats how the dementia works (if that is what she has). Dr's tomorrow, hopefully with some results!!

Take care everyone...xx
Off to bed to read more of The Gentle Barn...:)
night night.

jude xxxx

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 2 Apr 2014 19:58

Hello Everyone:-))))))
Have you all been behaving ? I doubt It ,you are like me :-)))))))

Diane~~I'm sorry that your appeal was turned down again,you could of done without this extra worry. Thinking of you and sending cwtches <3

Bethan~~glad you had a great day at the shop:-))))) Did you make the chavs a leaving cup of tea? There's no need to shout at me:-(((((( DON'T except any mushrooms from Mersey because they are stolen goods:-))))))

Sylvia~~hope your knee will soon improve for you, Hope rest of family are managing.
Glad the cabin sale is going okay.

Mersey~~your description and that of the pink transport you use for your raids on the mountain have been given to the “ HEDDLU “. Waggy fingers so be on your guard.
I DID NOT SAY I WORD:-)))))))))))

Jude~~how are you doing. Did you find out what that racket was under you house?
Hope all is well with you and Vic and not forgetting your Sister <3

Von~~what are you running about for:-)))) for goodness sake take it easy :-))))
You can never “ have tooooooooooo many mushrooms “:-))))))))))))))

AnninGlos~~you have had a major garden make over by the sounds of it, glad you like it, it would be a bit of a bugger if you didn't :-)))))))))))))))) You can get a swing seat like Von's but please make sure it dose not squeak , now I'm in trouble:-(((((((((

Jem~~what are you up toooooooooooooooooo:-))) have you sorted the interior of your mansion yet:-))))). Open up the attic into a study or get a MAN -SHED:-))))))

Tec~~hope you are okay, not heard from you for a while. :-)))

AnnCardiff~~ how is your son after is opp last Friday?

Hazel~~ hope you are finding time to rest and have some ME-TIME:-))))

Yvonne~~hope you have got reed of that bug:-)))

Sallie~~where are you and what you up to, hope you and family are okay:-))))

Well folks I think I'm up to date with you all, you all take care <3

Night Night

Shaun

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you any idea what the little mountain said to the big mountain???

Hi Cliff :-) :-) :-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 2 Apr 2014 18:18

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :-) :-) :-)

Learn to speak chinese:

1) That's not right ....................... Sum Ting Wong
2) Are you harboring a fugitive?............. Hu Yu Hai Ding
3) See me ASAP................................ Kum Hia Nao
4) Stupid Man ........................... Dum ***
5) Small Horse ......................... Tai Ni Po Ni
6) Did you go to the beach? ............ Wai Yu So Tan
7) I bumped into a coffee table ........ Ai Bang Mai Fa Kin Ni
8) I think you need a face lift ........... Chin Tu Fat
9) It's very dark in here ................. Wao So Dim
10) I thought you were on a diet ........... Wai Yu Mun Ching
11) This is a tow away zone ................ No Pah King
12) Our meeting is scheduled for next week ... Wai Yu Kum Nao
13) Staying out of sight ................ Lei Ying Lo
14) He's cleaning his automobile .......... Wa Shing Ka
15) Your body odor is offensive ........... Yu Stin Ki Pu
16) Great .................................. Fa Kin Su Pah

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Apr 2014 14:19

That would be nice Von. :-)

Von

Von Report 2 Apr 2014 14:17

Sorry Ann
You posted as I was typing.
Hope we have some good weather so you can sit out and enjoy the patio.

Von

Von Report 2 Apr 2014 14:15

I'm saying nuffin but too many mushrooms come to mind ;-) ;-) ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Apr 2014 14:14

Diane I am sorry about your frustrating annoying news yesterday. Is there anything else you can do?

Bethan, pleased that you had a good day at the shop and that the neighbours have collected more of their stuff.

Shaun :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-S :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Apr 2014 14:12

Well the patio is finished and a good job they have done too. Of course now it is down to us to put the finishing touches. two sides are bordered by slate beds so now we need more slate, hopefully we can get that tomorrow. Then we need to sort out the pots that came off the old patio, hostas in most of them, just cosmetic bits really. the patio is made of what they call cobbles. to me it looks like the old victorian paths, different sized 'bricks' put together like a jigsaw. I didn't really know what to expect but I like it, it is very attractive.

raining a bit now, probably bringing down more of the Sahara!!! Both cars are covered in it, don't need any more.

I haven't read back, will do now.

Mersey

Mersey Report 2 Apr 2014 14:09

You said that not us !! :-D :-D :-D ;-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 2 Apr 2014 14:08

:-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0
;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) i think im going funny :-(

Von

Von Report 2 Apr 2014 14:03

Runs on to thread>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> really breathless
Sorry I'm late boss. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Mersey

Mersey Report 2 Apr 2014 13:58

Oooooerrrrr....Attention!! :-D :-D :-D :-D ;-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 2 Apr 2014 13:56

hello you lovely lot :-) :-)

im tying to read back and make notes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stand by your beds i will be back later :-) :-)

from him offfffffffffffffffffff the mountain :-) :-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 2 Apr 2014 13:12

Good Afternoon Shaun and Welsh Thread Friends- Hope you are all having a good day :-) :-) <3 <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Apr 2014 04:10

Hi Shaun, and everyone

It was physio day today ............... he really worked on my knee ....... he doesn't think it is structural (ie, not arthritic), but the muscles in my thigh have tightened, so I've been given some exercises to do.

If it doesn't improve in the next 2 weeks, then he will ask for an Xray to be done to be sure that he there is nothing there.

It was a lovely sunny day, and quite warm. The skies were clear, and there were the most wonderful views over to the mountains to the north of here. Fresh snow had fallen in the last week, so the mountain tops were just gorgeous!

Meanwhile, I'm still Hopalong Cassidy :-)

Everything to do with the cabin is now finished ............ we picked up 24 post-dated cheques from the Notary yesterday. Now all we have to do is remember to deposit the relevant one on the right day each month :-)

Mother's Day is in May for us.

take care everyone

s
xx

Von

Von Report 1 Apr 2014 22:39

Diane
I'm so sorry to hear that.
Thinking of you
<3

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 1 Apr 2014 22:38

Evening all ,

Had a lovely day in charity shop today :-) Saw chavs today luckily just removing more stuff from next door :-D

Mersey : Thanks for the mushrooms ;-)

Shaun: Nope still in Wales :-) Make sure of rest no zooming about the place !

Jemima: We had mist too it was a bit creepy lol Next time we go to canoe and I shout for you from the reservoir :-D

Von: enjoy the sun :-)

AnnInglos: Your lawn should be ok trust me after the stuff that was put on mine and it's still alive I'm sure yours will be ok .We are praying for nice neighbours but for now just enjoying silence is nice :-)

Diane: Sorry to hear you lost appeal *hugs*

To everyone looking in hope you are well

Bethan <3 <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 1 Apr 2014 21:52

Hi Diane- So sorry that you lost your appeal :-( :-( :-( <3

Diane

Diane Report 1 Apr 2014 21:51

Hello all,

Shaun I was the one who was April fooled :-(
Lost my appeal.

~~~~~~~ to everyone and hope you all had a better day than I had <3