General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 8 + 1 of 886

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Von

Von Report 28 Apr 2017 11:53

Good morning all <3

Shaun - I guess the thing with tablets etc is to decide what you want to do with them.

We have a housecloud where I can save stuff so don't need much of a memory on my lap top which is an Asus transformer.
I also have a Nexus seven and I love this device. Small enough to go in my bag but larger than a phone so easier to type and read stuff. takes photos etc and good for reading books. :-D

Linda - after your post I downloaded an app onto my Nexus and had great fun drawing - well if you can call it that ;-) ;-) ;-)
I like the finger brush :-D

Bethan so pleased you and Matthew are having fun. Lovely photo of him

S&S - how is the photography sorting going. I have loads I should sort. I need a plan ;-) ;-)

Sallie - really pleased to see you back on the thread. Exciting time waiting for the little one to arrive. :-)

Ann - loved your Cornish photographs. Bought back happy memories :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ to Jem, Mersey and Sylvia and anyone else looking in

I'm still recovering from my tooth extraction. Pain killers are working well but they do debilitate you a bit. Too much snoozing for my liking :-0 :-0 ;-)
Take care
<3 Von

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 27 Apr 2017 21:31

Good Evening Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

OH is watching his beloved Manchester United playing an important match of some kind, so I thought I would catch up with you lovely lot on the Welsh Thread.
It's wonderful to see how busy it is on here at the moment :-)

Sallie, you coming back seems to have re-invigorated the thread, and it's lovely to have your company :-)

Shaun, You are having a very difficult time, both physically and certainly emotionally.
I really feel for you. <3
Glad M had a good time with lamb feeding :-)

Also lovely to see Bethan again :-)
Isn't little Matthew coming on beautifully. Lovely Avatar photo too <3
If you are looking in Bethan, it's lovely to hear that you are out and about with Matthew, enjoying time together with friends and family :-)

Ann, sorry to read that you have been having trouble with your car. I hope it's sorted out soon :-)
Gorgeous photos on your blog as usual. Your garden looks amazing, and your holiday photos are beautiful too.
I particularly like "Sunset Over Truro" and "Old Lifeboat station at The Lizard" :-)

Linda, Sorry you had such a difficult journey back from London.
Sadly, you are quite right about the cost of anything for the disabled. It's not at all fair!
The visit to the Hockney Exhibition sounded very interesting as did the app! :-)

S&S, It's lovely to be able to share photos and memories with relatives.
Yes, we do tend to amass a huge amount of everything when we do Family History don't we! :-)

Brenda :-) Sorry to read about your poor eyes.

~~~~~~~ to Von :-) Sylvia :-) Mersey :-)

My news
I managed to find some curtains from a different shop that I prefer. A perfect colour match to the carpet and more modern. Also a lot cheaper than Dun*lm:-D
The bedroom is more or less done now, and we will move in probably at the end of next week. I am pleased with it, particularly as we have had to do it all on a very tight budget!

My first cousin's daughter who contacted me through Ancestry, has joined GR to have access to my tree. She is very pleased and amazed at the amount of information on it, and the fact that I have many branches of our family going back to the 1700s.
It's always a great feeling when you can share your hard work and be of help to others.

~~~~~ to all looking in on the Welsh Thread :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

Sallie

Sallie Report 27 Apr 2017 20:51

Shaun, lovely to read your post, it is a good idea to just write a bit at a time as you are doing and resting your legs in between writing a couple of of messages.

It is good that you will be able to move into a warden controlled flat Shaun, you will find that things will be so much easier for you being on one level and will feel more confident knowing that there will be someone nearby if you should need them.

Like you and M we loved Mevagisssey, only been there a few times and that was many years ago now.

~~~~~~~to everyone and hope that all is well with you and your families.

Going to watch the programme on BBC 1 at nine o clock, it is the second part tonight.

Love, Sallie.xx <3 :-)

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 27 Apr 2017 15:14

Hello Everyone :-)

It’s just gone 3am Sat and I expect you are all snoring away :-) so making some notes, what a lot of posts since my post on 12 April you have been having a right natter ,I had a job to find mine so I will be a while going through and making notes. I can see you have all been busy and holidaying :-)

Sylvia glad you had a lovely time in the Rockies what a beautiful area and the wildlife is also great, have you still got your cabin?

AnninGlos, did you have a lovely holiday? I will have to have a peep at your pics, M was born in Falmouth so we have spent a lot of time in Cornwall, our favourite area is Mevagissy we used to stay at the Sharks Fin Hotel which is on the arbour front , every sat night the mail voice choirs would meet and we had a good singsong sometimes going on until the early hours it was great. By the looks of it you are busy on retail therapy getting your containers planted up.

Got to get legs up folks will have another go tomorrow, night night .

Von how are you in the city any snow there? Yes I have been looking at laptops and tablets for a while but not being all that techie I am undecided yet which way to go.

Linda how did London treat you while you were on Grandma Duty playing Princesses? You always seem to be on the go either playing princesses or seeing to your voluntary work which I know you enjoy, I hope you also had some fish and chips you must have been shattered once you got home.

Sallie it was lovely to see your post the other day we have missed you. Go easy on the cleaning if you are desperate I could send my ironing over I don’t expect Von will mind. I have not made any cards for ages but I am determined to get back into it if fingers will behave. I’m guilt of not venturing onto general chat but that is only because of the sitting situation although I do on the odd occasion pop into Merseys lovely smiley thread and wind her up.

Jem I hope you are improving a little with your health but decorating will not help your situation if you are trying to do too much, little and often is the best way, are you listening to Uncle shaunie. Sounds as if you are having a right make-over with the decorating, I’m sure it will all look lovely once you have finished Jem but please don’t overdo it. I’m peed of that sky will have all the live rugby matches Jem but I hope to join you and the crazy gang when the time arrives.

Mersey HANDS OFF MY FUNGI, by the looks of it you have had a few already, thank you for giving the Rottweilers sleeping pills they have not been right since :-)

That’s my lot folks will finish another day.

Sugarandspice, hope you are behaving like me. Have you finished sorting your photographs yet, what a lovely job it is, I still have loads of Mums photos to sort yet, I think there were five albums when I started and several packets; I have not delved into the box for a while. Sorting photos is a winter job.

Brenda, computers and cataracts don’t go together so please don’t overdo reading from screen, hope it is all sorted for you soon.

Thank you all for your kind and caring comments and not forgetting your support, I know and except it is for the best, we have all got to go through this cycle in life but it still plays hell with the heart strings. It is very busy here with helpers and nurses calling in, it could be a while before a placement is found for M and I have also been told I could not stay here and got to go to a warden controlled bungalow :-(

Sorry not got round to post this w/d earlier hope I have not confused you all :-)

~~~~ing to friends not mentioned :-) hope everyone is ok OR okish<3

Sallie

Sallie Report 26 Apr 2017 22:55

Linda, whatever you have bought for Esme I am sure she will love it especially if she can get about on it.

Ann, it's good that you now know what is wrong with car and that the cost isn't as much as you feared. It is nice to have the convenience of the car but it's the cost of running and maintaining it that's not so good.lol!!! .....don't know how we would all manage without our cars though.

Bethan, Matthew is gorgeous, it's lovely to see a photo of him. Also good that he sleeps through the night, at least you and OH are able to get a good nights sleep,so it is easier to get through the day.

Lovely to see you post on here, pop on again when you have a chance......always nice to hear from you.

~~~~~~~~~to everyone and hope that you are all okay.

Love, Sallie.xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Apr 2017 17:00

Linda, I get tired just reading your posts!! Always on the go!! I am sure that Esme will love whatever it is if she can move around on it. Somehow you think that anything for the disabled should be cheaper, not dearer.
Lovely sunshine here but we were out earlier travelling back from just over the Welsh border near Chepstow and we came through some heavy rain, no hailstones or snow though thank good ness.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 25 Apr 2017 16:20

Mathew is gorgeous, but sleeping through the night is to be envied. Mine never did :-(

It is freezing today. We went out to collect a piece of equipment for Esme to scoot about on. Stick disabled on the label and it is a licence to print money, I can't believe how much this thing cost. She better like it and use it!

It was just over an hour away and we realised that we were very near Saltaire, so went to Salts mill for lunch. The new Hockney exhibition had just opened on the top floor. Something to do with spring. It is 47 large pictures of the same wood done on different days of the year. He did them on his iPad to start off with using a free programme called brushes, which lets you build up the picture in layers. I downloaded it when we got back and had a go. Needless to say.I can see why I am not a world famous artist. :-|

I hope everyone is keeping warm, we drove through a terrible hailstorm on the way back. The wind is really picking up now and the really bad weather is heading our way. Pity it is cinema duty tonight, so I have to go out again

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Apr 2017 10:42

Bethan, he is beautiful, give him a cuddle from me.

So pleased to see you on here, we know how hard it is to fit everything in when you have a baby. I am on facebook if you can find and 'friend' me if you want to.

So the cats are still in charge@ Do you mean the new cat has taken on a GSD if so he has taken on a bit more than he can chew I think? Or is it your cats?

Anyway, pop on when you have time.

Re the car Sallie Garage is 90% certain that it is the starter motor althought can't be absolutely sure until the get the cover off. It will be £450 including the recovery and VAT. Not too bad we thought.

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 25 Apr 2017 00:37

Evening all,

SHAUN I'm so sorry to hear of M falls and about the home I will be thinking of you both <3 glad she enjoyed her day out seeing the lambs <3

Sorry folks I'm not very good at this staying in touch malarkey at the moment and the only regular social media place I'm on is Facebook as that's where I share pics of Matthew to friends and relatives around the country. To anyone unwell or not themselves I hope you feel better soon.

My news, well Matthew is now 19 weeks old :-0 he only cries if we are slow with bottles, nappy changing or if he can't see us like when I'm trying to make a cuppa lol apart from that everyone comments on how he's such a chilled out happy baby, as I'm quite chilled they think he gets it from me. During my pregnancy so many people couldn't believe how laid back I was about everything and not moaning despite having to have extra tests and stuff. Another thing with Matthew is we are still out and about everyday by meeting friends/family for lunch or going to baby groups or just going for long walks with people.
It's suddenly dawned on me how fast my maternity leave is going and I'm already hating the thought of not being with Matthew all the time :-(

Cats are as crazy as ever and that cat that moved into the area has now given in and accepted my boys are the kings around here however their next victim is currently a German shepherd that lives in a house backing onto our street :-S

Right time for bed me, we are lucky as Matthew does sleep from about 9:30pm until 8am but it's meaning I'm using the time for catch ups and not sleep!

Will try and pop back soon.

Bethan <3 <3

Sallie

Sallie Report 24 Apr 2017 22:28

Shaun, just missed your post last night. Good to hear that M had enjoyed feeding the lambs. Hope that things are not too bad for you at the moment and are managing to cope.
Take care of yourself. <3

Ann, read your thread about your car, sounds just like that is how it would happen to us.lolol!!!

~~~~~~~~to all my friends and hope that you are all okay.

Love, Sallie. xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Apr 2017 09:15

It was a beautiful day here yesterday, T power washed the side and front paths (he did the back the day before), then we did a bit of gardening. I sorted a load of surplus stuff from kitchen cupboards for the charity shop, we had coffee in the garden in the morning and a drink in the evening, although it suddenly lost the warmth of the sun at 6.15 so we went indoors then.

Today it is grey and cold looking, no two days the same. :-D

Shaun pleased to hear that M was able to go and do one of her favourite things, feeding the lambs. :-) <3

Sallie

Sallie Report 23 Apr 2017 20:32

Shaun, sending you and M lots of hugs, thinking about you all.

Not much happening here today, all very quiet. It's been a bright and sunny day, so managed to dry the washing.

Will look in again tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~to you all :-) :-) :-)

Love, Sallie,xx <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 23 Apr 2017 20:22

Forgot to say Happy St.Georges Day to our English friends, sorry about that.

M as had a lovely day bottle feeding lambs according to sister-in-law, she's sleeping in the chair at the moment bless her.

still not finished my word/doc hope to post it tomorrow.

night night and take care <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 23 Apr 2017 15:19

Hi ((((((( Shaun))))))) hugs and xxx to you, M, and family <3

I can only echo S&S's words.
You will miss her so much. It must be heartbreaking for you.
We are all thinking of you <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 23 Apr 2017 15:07

Booooooooooooo :-) <3

Brother and his Wife have taken M out for a drive,I did make a few notes 3am sat so now checking that I have not missed anyone.I have answered PMs emails to do then finish my word/doc for here.

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine this last couple of days I expect you are gardening like Guy who helps me, he is playing havoc as the badgers have been at it again and he is not amused.

Well got to have a rest.

You all take care, thinking of you all <3

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 22 Apr 2017 13:06

Afternoon all,

Weather first. Dry but grey here.

Shaun, For couples as close as you and M it is heartbreaking for M to have to go into a home. Heartbreaking as is the thought that M can't stay with you anymore I hope for both of you that M adapts quickly. Once she is settled and you can see she is content maybe you will feel happier about the situation than you do now. I am so sorry it has come to this.

GlossyAnn, No I am not scanning photographs these are in packets. Like so many people that do this hobby called family history I have accumulated so many packets of photographs I don't know how many I have now. The packets are all in boxes majority of them have been labeled. Not many packets left now that need labeling thank goodness. The computer ones still have to be gone through and duplicates or triplicates deleted. Not a job I'm looking forward to.

~~~~~~~~~waves to everyone else. Bye for now.

Mersey

Mersey Report 22 Apr 2017 10:52

Shaunie sorry to hear your news, sending you both lots of love
and plenty of caring hugs to you both.... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 21 Apr 2017 23:15

Shaun .so sorry to hear this news.
I haven't been on here much As have been resting my eyes a bit as been a bit one eyed since having my cataract done and still same glasses while waiting for other eye to be done then will go to opticians Am coping as cataract was only in early stages.
Look after yourself Shaun.
At least you know that M is in a safer place and maybe you can rest a bit more <3 <3

Sallie

Sallie Report 21 Apr 2017 22:34

Shaun, so sorry to read about M. I know you will miss her, but she will safe and well cared for, I'm sure of that.Look after yourself, I am thinking of you both.

Thank you for your welcome back, it is nice to have so many lovely friends

Love and hugs.. <3 <3

Sallie.xx

Von

Von Report 21 Apr 2017 21:38

Shaun - so sorry to hear this. Sending (((((hugs)))) <3