General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 9 + 1 of 848

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SugarandSpice

SugarandSpice Report 26 Jul 2016 15:15

Afternoon all,

Grey and a lot cooler here today. Rain been promised hope it leaves off until my towels are ready to come in off the line.

Jem, Have looked at the documents. You are doing what I did last week sorting out drawers and wardrobes not cupboards though in my case. I have to have a turn out now and again to keep things looking tidy.

Shaun, Enjoy the cooler weather.

Von, Don't put the swing away yet even though the weather has cooled down!

GlossyAnn, You will soon be getting some wet weather to make all those lovely plants in your garden grow even faster.

I'm still thinking of Tec and his family.

Bye for now ~~~~~~~ to everyone else.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 25 Jul 2016 19:47

Good Evening Everyone :-) :-) <3

We've had a little bit of rain today, but I've still been able to dry some washing on the line thankfully.

Been very busy today. I've been clearing out wardrobes and cupboards and sorting things to go or to go up the loft! I've made a BIT of headway :-D :-D

Going to do a bit more before I settle down for what's left of the evening!

TEC & FAMILY <3 <3 <3

~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone <3 <3 <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 25 Jul 2016 19:37

Hello Barbra and Everyone.

Cooler to day thank goodness.

Hope you are all ok, I expect you are all looking after grandchildren as it is half term.

Thinking of Tec and his family <3

~~~~~~~~~~~ing to you all <3

night night from the cave

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Jul 2016 22:49

Hello sending ((((hugs)))) to All who need them .Thinking of Tec & family <3 <3 Barbra

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 24 Jul 2016 18:18

Hello Everyone.
Not long got in not had computer on since I last posted so a bit behind.

Thank you Linda for your news on Tec.
Very sad news about our dear friend Tec I hope and pray that he is comfortable and free from pain.
Although we were all expecting this news it still hits home hard when we hear it.
<3 Thinking of our Tec and is family and friends <3

~~~~~~~~~~~ing to everyone <3

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 24 Jul 2016 13:15

Thank you to Sue for letting me know about Tec. I will be thinking of him and hoping for the best. <3

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 23 Jul 2016 23:07

Just read this and am so sorry to hear The news about Tec.
It was mainly through SueMaid who I met in Oz and told me about him and I didn't live too far away from him,so I started to give him a ring now and then and I was going to to meet up and possibly take him to a hotel we both knew and liked.
This never happened as he was too ill.
I do hope he is pain free.
Thank you Linda for keeping us informed.
Will look in again and read through.
I'm ready for bed I was trying to get some ivy from round the bottom of a tree today that my gardener seems to miss...I pulled and fell flat on my back across the path,and got a big cut on my arm...that will teach me,and think I'll have a big bruise on my back in the morning!....I will never learn! :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Jul 2016 21:54

Linda, sad but not unexpected news, all we can pray is that they keep our lovely fruend comfortable and pain free. Thinking of Tec and his family <3 <3

Von

Von Report 23 Jul 2016 18:14

Linda - I'm so sorry to hear about dear Tec. My thoughts are with his family and friends <3 <3 <3

SugarandSpice

SugarandSpice Report 23 Jul 2016 16:51

Afternoon all,

Can't stay as Grandsons are due in any time soon. Then it will be baths or showers they have been to the beach.

Jem, Thanks for all the documents. What a lovely surprise so many.

Linda, I am so sorry to hear that Tec is fading away. I hope the end is peaceful for him all my thoughts are with him and his family.

Shaun, I hope that your sores are a bit more comfortable now the humidity is clearing away. Much fresher today even though still hot.

By for now.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 23 Jul 2016 16:37

I am very saddened to hear this news about our lovely friend Tec.

Thank you Linda for keeping us informed and please tell Tec's family that we are keeping him and them in our thoughts

TEC & FAMILY <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 23 Jul 2016 15:54

I have had an update from Tec's daughter. Sadly things dont sound good. Thankfully he is mainly sleeping, they were called into the hospital on Friday evening because they were concerned about his breathing.

They are staying in Wales to be with him, she asked me to post the following

Please pass on our thanks to all his friends on line for their friendship and fun they have given 'Tec' over the past years.

It is a very sad time to know that we are losing such a lovely friend <3 <3 <3

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 23 Jul 2016 13:58

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

Thank Goodness it's not so hot now! :-D
It's a pleasant day today. Hazy sunshine but much cooler. They say that rain is coming in however.

I had a pleasant afternoon yesterday.
We went to the Country Park again to do some walking, as we have a season ticket.
Had our usual picnic lunch but rather late! :-D It was cooler by the time we went and so it felt good to get out.

On the way in to the Country Park there are fields with horses in. In one particular field there was a group with 3 mares, 3 foals and a stallion. Two sets of mares and foals were brown, and the other mare and foal were black.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/38993351

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/38995548

I am chuffed .....
..... as I have already told you all, we booked a mid-week break in Kent through The Sun newspaper. I phoned the park yesterday afternoon and I have managed to extend the holiday from 4 nights to 7 nights!

This means that I now will have much more time for "Tresearching" my Ancestral Family Homes in the Romney Marsh area :-) :-) :-)

Sorry to hear that you are suffering with those awful sores, Shaun :-(
Hopefully it will get cooler now :-)
Hope you are coping okish :-)

TEC<3

~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone <3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 21 Jul 2016 15:24

Booooooooooooo from the cave :-) <3
Well have you all enjoyed this heat and have eaten plenty if ice-cream ? :-) I have just about got through it as it was a struggle because of the morning ritual with OH going to the shops every morning although we went a couple of hours earlier then call on Mum for a hour.
Thank goodness it is cooler today which will help the sore patches to heal which spinal brace have caused, I have tried everything to stop getting these sores but nothing as worked I’m running out of ideas, I have used many fabrics even a thin sheeps wool lining I think because of the firmness and pressure of the brace round me I will have a problem finding anything so it’s a good job we don’t have this hot humidity all of the time init:-D

Von I could hear it creaking bit of wd-40 needed me finks :-) how did you get on with your art exhibition?
Jem, :-D :-D :-D. Hope you were able to enjoy your Birthday :-) . I have not ventured up to the polytunnel for over a week now so don’t panic cos I have been a good boy :-D
Ann like the above I have been a good boy :-0 :-D NO LIKY SUN so either stays indoors or woodland until the midges start nibbling . Guy works on one of the farms and usually starts work at 6am but because it is cherry picking season they start picking at 5am so he nipps here first to water, he is a great lad most mornings he will pop some sort of veg or salad through the kitchen window .
Sugar and Spice, are you ready to boogie:-D My favorite place in Wales is Pembrokeshire and especialy my lovely St.Davids. I must change my photo back.
Sallie, hope things are still improving for you by the day :-)
Linda I have not touched a mushroom for 3 weeks this is why I’m confused I need topping up:-D
~~~~~~~~~ing to Brenda, Mersey, Hazel, Sue, Barbra, Bethan, AnnCardiff, Sylvia and anyone that looks in.
Thinking of our Tec , and hoping he can go home and get the care he needs<3

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 21 Jul 2016 15:22

Booooooooooooo from the cave :-) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gone

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 21 Jul 2016 12:19

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) <3

Another sunny day here today, but I'm hoping not as hot as it's been. The threatened thunderstorm has not arrived as yet.

Had another evening of lovely cuddles from Ashton last night. He's putting on lots of weight and is so strong. He is already standing on his legs on your lap when he is held at just 7 weeks! Mum and Dad are doing a really good job especially as they are both young. <3

Here he is as Woody from Toy Story!
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/details/38841501

It seems Nan (his Mum's Mum) is the culprit with all his dress-up costumes! What his girlfriend will think when he grows up, when the obligatory photograph showing happens, I don't know! :-D :-D

I have booked our next cheapie Sun Newspaper holiday - Kent.
We have booked a Caravan park in Dymchurch, where I have a 2nd Cousin living and much family history, as well as all around the Romney Marsh area. So I will be in "Tresearching" heaven:-D :-D

:-)S&S,
I had a nice time having dinner made for me and then an evening of watching Les Miserables on DVD. It's the 10th Anniversary Stage production version with the Dreamcast, including Michael Ball. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and so did OH, after years of refusing to watch it!
:-D :-D :-D
Next will be the latest Film Version, which I refused to watch until I had seen the stage production one!

We decided not to do much as we are going to Kent and are hoping also to spend some time in Pembrokeshire either in the autumn or in the spring.

~~~~~~~~ to Everyone :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

TEC <3 <3 <3

SugarandSpice

SugarandSpice Report 20 Jul 2016 12:30

Morning all,

Too hot yesterday didn't go out in garden until later on in the day. Blue skies again, and still hot although air is fresher so much nicer.

GlossyAnn, Glad you enjoyed your get together with family. Garden looks lovely even if overgrown. It's called the natural look.

Sylvia, How lovely to have some time with your daughter on her own. You sometimes get to talk about things that you/she wouldn't say in front of the other half. Not the best experience for you or your husband the only good outcome was the problem was diagnosed.

Von, I need a swing with a big awning like you but won't be getting one anytime soon. Garden is too small.

Jem, You haven't told us what you did on your birthday. Your right it's far too hot for little Ashton to go out, this weather, needs to cool off a bit before he goes out too far. Thanks for the offer of look ups. I'll PM you as it's not a straight forward family tree (again)

Shaun, What a lovely lad you have to get up at 4a.m. to water your plants.

Sallie, If you look in keep putting one foot in front of the other, each step forward you take is one more step to getting better.

Bethan, How are you doing?

Bye for now.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Jul 2016 19:46

Yes it was great seeing the two youngest grandchildren and spending time chatting over a meal.

Glad you enjoyed your birthday Jem, mine next month.

Shaun stay out of the poly tunnel in this heat. Fancy getting up that time of the morning to water the garden, maybe he doesn't need much sleep.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 19 Jul 2016 16:22

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

oooooooo it's hot! :-0 :-0
OH said it was 34c on the car's thermometer!
I had considered taking Grandson 1 & family out. He's been nagging to go to Caswell Bay, but it is far far too hot especially for Baby!

So instead I have done all the washing and ironing ... all 3 hours of ironing, while I caught up on the very sad events in Corrie from the recording box!

I'll have you know, Our Shaun, that I have not been cavorting around the Bluff, either in the Buff or out of it, thank you very much! :-S :-0 ;-) ;-) :-D
Thankyou again Shaun for my Birthday Thread, and thank you Everyone for my Birthday wishes :-) :-) :-)
Don't be tempted to go in your polytunnel Shaun, you will pass out!

Von, Well done to your son and his friends on the excellent amount of money they raised for the Brittle Bone Society! :-) :-) :-)

S&S, I don't know what kind of a subscription you have at the moment, but if you need any look ups on your Pembrokeshire relative, feel free to PM me the info, cos I have a Platinum/ Parish subs at the moment.:-)

Ann, You are having a very busy and perhaps expensive time at the moment with all those birthdays. Hope you had a lovely time at your Son's. :-)

Sylvia, thank you for your birthday greeting :-) Hope you and yours are well :-)

TEC & DAUGHTER <3 <3 <3

~~~~~ Linda :-) Sallie :-) AnnC :-) Brenda :-) Barbra :-) Mersey :-) Bethan :-) Hazel :-) Elizabeth :-) (I do hope I haven't missed anyone out!)

and all looking in on the Welsh Thread :-)

Love Jem <3

Von

Von Report 19 Jul 2016 13:57

How did you guess Shaun ;-) ;-) ;-)

Reading my book in the shade of the tree :-D :-D :-D

Thinking of Tec <3 <3 <3

Take care everyone and don't forget to drink plenty ;-) ;-) ;-)