General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 9 + 1 of 868

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Dec 2016 14:51

Happy Christmas to you too Brenda.

Shaun, Ooh the thought made my eyes water, good job they stopped before going round the bend. sorry it was so traumatic for you with first the wait and then that. Pleased that somebody is looking after OH so you can have a break. does M like the carer? It obviously helps if she does.

Linda sounds as if you have had a busy shop! Have a good christmas, well I hope there is a seat for you in the car.

I am coughing well so a good job our meeting here is virual. My lovely little great grandchildren were very generous with their germs :-( :-( I am hoping it is not going to last long.

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 23 Dec 2016 13:15

Shaun ,sorry you had a bad experience with colonoscopy.
It isn't a nice experience at the best of times.I have diverticular problems and 2 years ago had 11,polyps removed .no nasties there,but then had to have another colonoscopy to check.so I can well understand how you feel with all your other health issues etc.
Do hope you can have a Happy Christmas and glad you have some support for your wife.

Happy Christmas to everyone on the thread and may we all continue to support one another throughout the New Year xx
<3 <3 <3 <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 22 Dec 2016 22:17

Oh dear Shaun, I hope you are over your terrible hospital experience. I am glad that you are able to rest knowing that your wife is being looked after

I am just about prepared for the Xmas onslaught. To make things easier for the others, I have done all of the shopping for our family get together,so my fridge and freezer are bursting at the seams. I think we will need a bigger car to get it all in

Von

Von Report 22 Dec 2016 21:14

Shaun - so sorry to hear about your traumatic visit to the hospital. Hope you can get it sorted A.S.A.P in the New Year.

We've been out celebrating today with a visit to Sadlers Wells to see Red Shoes. We took our grandaughter so lively conversation all day. :-D :-D :-D

Hope everyone is managing ok and ready for Santa ;-) ;-)
Take care
<3 Von

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 22 Dec 2016 20:19

Booooooooooooooooo :-)
Hello Everyone <3
Friday’s face to face interview went okay, the lady doing the interview was very understanding and was also concerned how I got there in my condition, she said I could have had the interview at home so there we have it, she said that I would not hear the results from the w and p until the new year.

Monday’s colonoscopy was a nightmare, I was there in plenty of time for my appointment but they were running an hour and 3 quarters late so when my time came it was 4.15 instead of 2.15. I was supposed to be sedated for the test but because of the time I would have to stayed in hospital for 48 hours. So I had gas, my pain threshold is good but halfway through the test the consultant said he was not continuing the test as I have a nasty right-angle kink and the pain would be excruciating getting the strobe though, thank havens for that I said to myself. Anyway he gave me a printout of is findings so far which are acute diverticular disease and 3 sessile polyps. They are going to get in touch in 4 to 6 weeks so they can do the test under sedation and I will probably have to stay in.

Not read back proper just flipped back to see if Bethan as posted and great news, welcome Mathew what a wonderful present for Christmas Bethan Congratulations <3 “Isiah “will go lovely with Mathew :-) especially if you have a Welsh surname like Jones, Parry or Davies it just roles of the tongue :-)

Jem just had a peep at your link what a lovely photo thank you for sharing.
waving to you all and sending loads of <3 will catch up with you again also thank you all for your lovely cards<3

I have been a good boy and resting not a lot of choice, carer as been sitting with OH to save me getting up and down off bed to see to her so we are okay-ish :-)

Hope you are all okay or okay-ish <3

Night Night
from the Flintsones

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Dec 2016 17:08

Slip sliding down the boards so a quick nudge back up.
Hope you are all ready for Christmas. We are sniffling a bit and hoping the cold is not going to develop. Luke and Adam still have coughs and colds and Inara has brochiolitis. She was at the hospital twice yesterday, they dialled 111 and were told to take her straight to the childrens ward where they kept her for 3 hours the first time then sent her home but she seemed to be struggling again later so, as they had been advised, they took her back to the ward. She wasn't there long that time and has an inhaler now. Dad is asthmatic. They have to give her small feeds every two hours. Daughter has her today to give Mum and Dad a rest, she says she is snuffly but not too bad.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Dec 2016 12:06

Bethan Whooo! CONGRATULATIONS on the arrival of Matthew. A shame that, after a good pregnancy you had a horrible waiting around time. It sounds as if he was not ready to be born, at least he is here now and you can enjoy your Christmas with your little one. He was born on one of my Grandson's (Jeremy, second eldest at 27) birthday. so pleased for you and love the name.

Von Happy anniversary for whatever day it is. 10 years behind us!!

Yvonne, Get snapping then, you don't have too much time. All our presents are wrapped and most of them distributed now too. Last ones went home with Luke and family yesterday.

Linda, yes I hope we don't catch whatever he had, hopefully it is just cutting a back tooth that caused it. How is your poorly finger? Hope the cut wasn't too deep. Always sore when you cut your finger because you use that finger without thinking.

Just had a blitz on downstairs as we have five people coming this afternoon from our Garden visits U3A group. OH is going to show some photos of the Lake District (Easy walks with views) and we have to plan next months visit (probably snowdrops), and we have mince pies to eat. I never know if people prefer them hot or cold so it is all decisions. :-D :-D

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 19 Dec 2016 11:42

Morning all, Forgot to tell you about the weather last time I posted. Today the sun is shining although slightly damp looking out there.

Bethan, You had me on tenterhooks checking every day to see if the little one had arrived. Congratulations. Glad he is safely here. Good weight. Like the name. Some of us women for whatever reason just don't 'pop babies out' which sometimes ends in a bad experience. During my pregnancies I was always fit as a flea. When I went into labour something always had to go wrong. The babies though are worth it. You and hubby enjoy him now.

Ann, Just got to get to grips with the camera before the family come so I can do my David Bailey act. Your tree is part of your tradition now so artificial or real doesn't matter they all look nice when decorated.

Jem, Congratulations on your 38th. Shame about the meal. Funnily enough a work colleague of my daughter had the same experience just the other night. Restaurant they had used before the food was excellent this time it was worse than bad. Loved Ashton in his elf outfit. Well done your Granddaughter 1 more so as she is socially shy.

Von, Happy anniversary for the coming week. We were wrapping presents yesterday still have quite a few to do but it gets you in the Christmas spirit.

Bye for now have a good day everyone.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 18 Dec 2016 22:50

Congratulations Bethan <3
I am sorry that you had such a hard time, but that is behind you now. You are a family, with so much to look forward to.

Von

Von Report 18 Dec 2016 22:40

What lovely news Bethan. Congratulations. <3 :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 18 Dec 2016 22:22

Congratulations Bethan <3

Welcome to the world little Matthew <3

I'm so sorry you had a difficult time of things, Bethan.
Now your little bundle of joy has arrived you can enjoy lots of cwtches :-)

Welshkitty

Welshkitty Report 18 Dec 2016 18:49

Evening all,

Well I've had a hell of a time :-0 went into singleton hospital on the 3rd for an induction which after many failed attempts had me quite upset. Then on the 11th December (8days in hospital at that point) I was told I could go to the princess of wales hospital as they may help me get things further.

So at 10:15 pm after 7 hrs of labour my beautiful baby boy was born <3
We have only selected his first name which is Matthew,middle name we still haven't decided, he was 7lbs 15.

We have finally come home which I feel like has been forever coming!
Cats are confused on what Matthew is lol he is a great baby and only cries when we change his nappy or clothes.

Hope everyone is ok

Bethan <3

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 18 Dec 2016 17:33

We always had a real tree, but once the kids left home and we were often away for Christmas, it seemed better to get an artificial one.
We bought a very realistic looking one in a sale one year. We got a good deal because the price before Christmas was silly money. The trouble is it is a bit big, we could do with a smaller one. We had a look at them this year, but the nice looking ones were very expensive, so I think we will stick with this one.

I hope you dont go down with it for Christmas Ann. We were just talking with Eve on the video. She has a high temperature and a nasty cough. Her daddy has it as well, so we are bound to get it next week, just what I dont want

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Dec 2016 16:56

S&S (Yvonne), Have fun with your new camera, shall be interested to hear how you get on with it.

We don't have a real tree any more. have had the same artificial one for over 25 years now. Cost £25 when new which was fairly expensive then but it has done very well and still looks reasonable. Not the same as a real one but doesn't make a mess either.

Had a lovely time with the little ones Von, shattered now, not used to cooking for four plus 2. Both children had good and bad times, think they are both starting colds/coughs so probably left us with extra present for christmas.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 18 Dec 2016 16:50

Well while I was wrapping presents, I cut my finger with the scissors, so stopped as I decided blood wasn't a good look..
I have done the bulky ones, I just have to make up my mind which little person will get which present. I tend to buy children's books and presents when I see them.without allocating them to a specific child. I think i have too many books, but they will do for birthdays throughout the year.

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 18 Dec 2016 16:10

Afternoon all,

Just to let you know those that might be interested. I have got a camera it's a Sony I had decided I wanted one with a view finder as on my phone camera I cannot see a thing if the sun is shining. this one gives me both options flat screen and view finder. The deciding factor was it is also small enough for a handbag or pocket and comfortable to handle.

Jem, You me and Von will have to try and sort something out after Christmas for a mini meet.

Von, I have started on present wrapping at last. Getting nearer to the day.

Ann, Our tree is still in the garage having had a chunk of the bottom chopped off and being watered when it needs it by O.H. We will be bringing it into the house Wednesday /Thursday so it will stay nice right over Christmas.

Shaun, Hope the appointment goes well. Take it easy once you get home.

Everyone else have a good evening. Bye for now.

Von

Von Report 17 Dec 2016 21:30

Tree is still in the garden Ann- might bring it in tomorrow ;-)

However after much hunting high and low by OH and myself I found them in a bag in the wardrobe. :-D :-D :-D

In my efforts to hide them from the grandchildren I hid them from myself :-S :-S :-S

Not the only daft thing we have done today either. We bought some food for the homeless and delivered it to the church along with my washing powder. Must have packed it in the bag as well. ;-)
It was the main thing we had gone out for too :-| :-|
Plot and lost come to mind.

I hope you've had a lovely time with the children. Mine are calling in tomorrow :-D :-D :-D

Jem - that is one cute little boy. I hope you enjoyed your anniversary.
It's ours next week. 46 yrs.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Dec 2016 19:16

Under the tree? In the freezer?

Von

Von Report 17 Dec 2016 19:07

Help help

I've lost some Christmas presents :-0 :-0 :-0

I can't find them anywhere. :-(
Any ideas? :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Dec 2016 16:10

Jem aaw cute. Lovely photo. We have chaos here this weekend zs have grandson and family luke and Adam here. Toys everywhere and Adam still a mummy's boy, whinges when mum is out of sight. Goodness knows how he will cope in January when she goes back to work.

Happy anniversary, shame the meal was not as you remembered.