General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 9 + 1 of 851

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JemimaFawr Report 19 Aug 2016 14:45

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

Not a nice day today, here in the South West!
It's blowing a gale, and it's been raining although I think it's stopped for now!

Nothing of great interest to report, unfortunately :-D

~~~~~~ to Shaun:-)
You appear to have Windows 10 reserved Shaun!

I googled Crickley Hill Country Park. What an amazing place. The views are spectacular!
Also liked your photos on your blog, as usual. Westonbirt is a lovely place too. That is a great walk they have made up in the trees:-)
I really liked your "Thistle head" photos.

Have a lovely time with your sister :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone not mentioned :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

AnninGlos Report 17 Aug 2016 16:53

Linda, she probably thinks she is keeping you from being bored. :-D

LindainHerriotCountry Report 17 Aug 2016 16:24

I shall be venturing to the Welsh border tomorrow. We are going to spend a few days with my sister in Shropshire. We go in and out of Wales on the way. On Sunday we will return home after handing over our six year old granddaughter to her aunt. She lives in Ruabaron, so Eve is going to spend a week with her.

We will come home and try to restore normality to the house, it is amazing just how much devastation a six year old can wreak.

Then we get to take her to Centre Parcs for a week along with her mummy and daddy and little sister. After that we will need a very long rest to get over all this child care. She is very good but the playing is relentless

MagicWales Report 16 Aug 2016 19:11

Boooooooooooooooooooo :-)

Thank you Linda for all you have done <3

Jem no kick just a relaxant :-) Leek and mushroom is my favorite .
I have sent you a pm with a photo :-S

~~~~~~~~~~ing to everyone and hopping you are in good or goodish fettle :-) <3

AnninGlos Report 16 Aug 2016 17:29

This morning, We drove the few miles to Crickley Hill Country Park and had a coffee in their new cafe before walking around, first in one direction and then the other. It was a glorious sunny day with a slight haze so no too hot. The views were fantastic, you could see for miles to The Malverns, May Hill, Bredon Hill, the Forest of Dean and all places in between. Although going over now, there were still a lot of wild flowers. There were a lot of people up there, walking and playing with children, walking their (and what looked like other people’s) dogs, and picnicking. Such a shame that some people still don’t pick up after their dogs, even though bags are supplied and bins. We were interested to walk through a stand of beech trees that are 250 years old. These are in the part of the Country Park managed by the National Trust as opposed to the other part managed by the Wildlife Trust. Apparently they are struggling to save these trees before they succumb to disease.
After we left the country Park we drove to The Aviator pub at Gloucester airport where we had a coke and sandwiches sitting outside in the sun. I had prawn and T had Tuna Mayo sandwiches, served with salad and crisps, a bit expensive but very nice.

Pleased to see you had a good time with Grandson 1 and family Jem

Shaun don't mention the magic ms or Mersey will be around.

JemimaFawr Report 16 Aug 2016 14:32

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) <3

It's sunny and hot with a breeze here! Too hot to go out thinks OH, so I am doing my family research!

Yesterday, Grandson 1 and his little family came up for the day. Baby has grown so much already. He's very alert and very, very strong! So I was in my element having them all to look after and lots of lovely cwtches from Ashton :-)

As GD-in-law showed interest in my family history endeavours, I enrolled her as free member to GR last night and showed her how to use the site. She was thrilled to bits, and says it's going to be her new hobby! You never know, she may join us here on the boards one day! :-D :-D :-D

Shaun, Mushroom soup is my very favourite soup ..... but has yours got a bit of a kick? ;-) ;-) :-D :-D :-D

~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone, Love Jem <3

JemimaFawr Report 16 Aug 2016 14:26

Thank you Linda for everything you have done :-) :-) <3

AnninGlos Report 16 Aug 2016 09:45

Thank you Linda.

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Aug 2016 23:08

Hmm, I will pass on the ice cream Shaun.
Just to let everyone know that I have printed off all the comments and sent them to Tecs daughter along with a cheque to cover all of the donations. I managed to get to the bank today, so the individual cheques which you kindly sent were banked today

MagicWales Report 15 Aug 2016 19:32

Boooooooooooooooooo from the cave :-)

Would anyone like a mushroom flavored ice-cream :-)

~~~~~~~~~~ing to everyone and hoping you are all ok <3

night night

JemimaFawr Report 14 Aug 2016 13:36

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) :-) :-) <3

We tried again to see the Perseids last night. Much more local though. Too much cloud! :-(

Hay's Bluff was listed as one of 10 places to go to see the stars, but too far for us.

Glad you had a good few days away with your friend :-)

I'm going to do some more research now.
My £1 months sub to BNA has already more than paid off. I have found-

1.My Great Grandparents Marriage Notice which gave me extra info, including the fact that my G Grandfather was already living and working in Persia when he married Amelia.

2. My Great Aunt
Scandal- I suspected as much and that is why I put her husband's name in first. He was from nobility. He was divorced on the grounds of adultery in 1926 and then married my Great Aunt in 1927, after what appears to have been a "set up" to enable a divorce, as was often done in those days.

Also that they lived in Kent for a long time before moving to Devon where they died.
Also, she bred and showed Mastiffs, which won shows including Crufts. I have found a photo of her with one of them, and another photo of her 2 prize mastiffs with 2 of their pups.
I had never seen her before, but she was my mother's namesake.

So now I am going to look for some more gems :-D :-D :-D

~~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone, Love Jem <3

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 12 Aug 2016 20:49

Not been on here for a while...had a lot going on with water leaks inside and outside..,but have been away for a few days with a friend from Leicester.
She often comes to stay with me and visits other friends in the area,but has had problems with her back,so we met up near Craven Arms and had a lovely few days wandering round Ludlow,Montgomery,Church Stretton etc ...nice and quiet away from the coast.
Hope everyone is well.
Will read back more in the next few days.
:-) :-) <3 <3

MagicWales Report 12 Aug 2016 19:05

Boooooooooooooooooo :-)
HELP PLEASE,this yellow ! mark keeps popping up do I click the download or not?????????????? I’m a little concerned that it mentions windows 10 .

Von have you got over your table tennis please consult your Dr if there are any problems :-)

Ann hope you are happy with your motor. Must check out your photos :-)

Linda I can understand that you are upset at not being able to attend Tecs funeral but knowing Tec he would not of wanted you to travel that far, I only live about 60 miles away from him but you know me and traveling so I was cut up at not attending, we are very lucky to have such fond memories of Tec. Thank you for sharing Tecs daughters email with us all, wonderful hymns and I can imagine the strong baritone voices <3

Barbra hope all is good with you :-)

Hello SueMaid hope you and family are ok, yes Tec has left us all many lovely memories :-)

Sugarandspice, are you behaving like me? How’s the Boogieing coming on :-)

Jem, I have not seen much live Olympics just news headlines, what rugby I have seen was very good and fast and there seems to be more trys scored in 7 minutes and what the union scores in 40 mins how odd is that. I will have to see if I can see your thread and add a boogie :-) Hay Bluff is the best place to see Stars Jem take my word for it :-)

Mersey, Brenda, Bethan, Sallie, Sue in the Valleys, Hazel, Sylvia, AnnCardiff,

Hope you are all good or goodish and being well behaved like me :-)

Take care, stay safe and have a lovely weekend .

Night Night
Shaun <3

JemimaFawr Report 12 Aug 2016 15:43

Good Afternoon Everyone :-) :-) <3

Hi Shaun :-) Glad we didn't need to get the search and rescue team out again! The arthritis is not up to scaling that mountain of yours any more! :-D :-D
Glad you have had your computer sorted.

Yes, I did watch the Rugby 7s. It was the first time that I have followed a Rugby 7s Competition. I found it exciting and very fast-paced and Team GB did very well, but the Fijians deserved the Gold!
I did do a thread, but there was not a lot of interest! :-D :-D :-D

We went on our Annual Expedition to see the Perseid Shower! :-D :-D

Going to get stuck in to my £1 FMP and £1 BNA Month memberships now!

~~~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone, Love Jem <3

MagicWales Report 11 Aug 2016 20:54

Hello to everyone from the cave :-)

Well it has been a mixed week, last weekend I spent reading emails and pms from our Tec and not forgetting the stories of Sasha which I turned into a word/doc along with the rain-dance antics also framed a photo of Tec and his family, Tec will be well and truly missed but what lovely memories we have to hold onto.

Sunday evening I was going to post but the computer had other ideas, firstly a box came up saying that windows was closing because computer is at risk so booted up again about 8.00 everything seemed to be ok then the screen turned blue with a note saying that the catalyst failed.

So not knowing anything teckie about computers called it a day. Today computer sorted but mate does not know what caused the problem, system had a full scan and nothing was found.

Now this evening I have a large exclamation mark on bottom of desk-top that popped up it’s on a yellow background telling me about important downloads, it mentions windows 10 and I do not want it.

Usual visits to town in the mornings for OH and her shopping then visit Mum for a couple of hours, Mum his doing ok the last lot of new meds seem to be helping her and the finger is wagging well. OH’s concentration is getting worse; at one time she would sit for hours watching the quiz programs but owing to the lack of concentration she is wondering about more so I’m on my toes more and before.

I have not read back but can see Jem having a panic, I’m ok honest, have you been watching the rugby sevens??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ing to you all and sending cwtches to the ones that need them.

Thinking of you all, night night
From Fred Flintstone and Wilma<3

MagicWales Report 11 Aug 2016 14:55

sorry not been posting just got computer sorted will try and catch up with you later.

~~~~~~ing to you all and hope you are all ok.

JemimaFawr Report 11 Aug 2016 13:09

~~~~~~~~~~ to Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

btw ...... Have any of you seen Shaun? :-S He's not been here since the 5th!

Hope you are ok Shaun <3

SugarandSpice Report 10 Aug 2016 12:26

Afternoon all,

Like Jem we seem to have a mixed bag as far as the weather goes today sunshine and showers tablecloths and tea towels etc., out drying nicely next lot nearly ready to go out.

Jem, Am going to use the FMP and BNA offer.

GlossyAnn, Lovely photos that was some walking you did that day.

Linda, Glad to hear that the funeral for Tec went off so well. Not a happy day but a good one.

Shaun, Hope things are OKish with you and yours.

Von, Swinging today or busy doing art?

Bye for now ~~~~ washing is done.

JemimaFawr Report 10 Aug 2016 11:49

Good Morning Everyone :-) :-) :-) <3

Another cloudy sunshine day here today, but it's not windy today.

Cloudy sunshine here today.

In case you haven't seen it, Mr M has a thread up with a link for Genealogical sites offers. I have had another month £1 FMP as well as British Newspaper Archives month sub for £1.

Don't forget to uncheck the automatic renewal in your personal account for both sites though.

Thanks Linda for passing on news from Tec's daughter about his funeral.
It sounds as though he had a wonderful send off, as was deserved. <3

Shaun, sorry, I'd been up all night with Ashton and somehow I managed to miss the bit about the Woodpecker attacking the other birds. :-(

~~~~~~~~~~ to Shaun and Everyone, hoping that you are all coping with whatever life is throwing at you all at present. :-) :-) :-) :-)

Love Jem <3

AnninGlos Report 9 Aug 2016 13:10

Thank you Linda, it sounds as if it went as well as a funeral can do. Love the hymns, would have liked to hear those sung by the Welsh congregation. Bless him, Tec would have loved it.