General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 1 + 1 of 633

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jenxx

Jenxx Report 26 Jan 2011 15:33

Hi Shaun
Born and brought up in South Wales
moved to Ceredigion West Wales 14 years ago
never lived anywhere other than in Wales
Jenxx

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 26 Jan 2011 16:21

Hi Wend, Just Ginnie and Island in the snow. Welcome aboard great to hear from you all.
From Shaun on the Mountain.

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 26 Jan 2011 16:29

Hi, lived in Prestatyn, North Wales for 5 years but back home now on the South coast.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 26 Jan 2011 16:29

I will get my act together shortly I did not realise I was on page 2.
Welcome on board Lady Cutie and Jenxx.
From Shaun on the Mountain.

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 26 Jan 2011 16:40

Hi scb~~~

I think I must be getting psychic. I saw your post on the Aussie thread and was going to pm you to ask whereabouts you were from, you mentioned Hereford radio station, so I assume it is in the East. Racking my brains, is the mountain a clue ?
I've only been reading 'my thread participation' and e.mails til now but just clicked onto chat and saw this thread.
I nudged up Jude's 'Abergavenny mini meet 'thread for you , as I thought you must have lived close enough,.... if you were interested.
I'm about 10 miles west of Abergavenny just off the A465
Look forward to joining your thread.
Welsh born and bred ! Like Jen never lived anywhere else, she used to live close to where I now live.
Just an honorary Aussie, (2 cousins live there ) it's lovely thread
Speak later~~

Sandie.x

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 26 Jan 2011 17:19

Hi Sandie, Welcome to the thread. I used to go to Abergavenny most market days at one time, cannot travel that far now. I live on the borders of Herefordshire and Radnorshire. Very cold up here at the moment.
Shaun on the Mountain.

Libby

Libby Report 26 Jan 2011 17:42

Hi scb

I live in the beautiful walled town of Conwy, North Wales although I am a Scouser born and bred. Moved here originally in 1995 then back to Merseyside in 2002. Missed living here so moved back again in 2007.

Lots of Welsh speakers here but there are also loads of Scousers, Mancs and Stokies. Don't think I would like to live anywhere eklse now.

Libby

jgee

jgee Report 26 Jan 2011 17:46

hello shaun..im not welsh ..but spent many happy holidays there .. had a caravan there for 24 years.. hoping to go and meet my friend soon ..

northenheart

northenheart Report 26 Jan 2011 17:53

dont live there but spent many happy dys walkin snowdon ect x

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 26 Jan 2011 18:26

scb - we did - we went up and down the coast and I was surprised to see that in St David's cathedral the aisle was on a slope - could have rolled ollies down it!!!

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 26 Jan 2011 19:02

Thought it may have been the Black mountains, if it's Bluff give the magic mushrooms a miss .lol
Used to work for the DSS and had all the hippies called in at our Brecon office..stoned !
Showing your age with saying Radnorshire.. I always recall it as that :)
I used to live in Breconshire, now Powys, now in Gwent.. which was Monmouthshire.
Could well be wrong with the Black mountains, quite a few more ranges in that area.
Cold here too we are level with the highest point of the A465, approx 13650ft ..no good at metres :)

Sandie.x

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 26 Jan 2011 19:47

Welcome to the thread and also back to Wales Libby, Lovely town Conwy steeped in history.
Hi Babychamjgee welcome to thread.
Northen Heart great to hear from you, Snowden his a wonderful area sadly I failed to climb it.
Hi Chris, glad you got to St.Davids,great.
Sandie, your getting very warm,I'm a few miles from the Bluff. What's this about showing my age, I do not like change,when it's not necessary .
RADNORSHIRE will always be RADNORSHIRE. Well I must go and get some of those mushrooms for supper .
Shaun

Jean (Monmouth)

Jean (Monmouth) Report 26 Jan 2011 19:59

Live in that outpost of Wales known as Monmouthshire. it always used to be known as Wales and Monmouthshire1 Been here since 1940, with a bout five years out of the area for work. The name Gwent is now out of favour again!

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 26 Jan 2011 20:18

Could never understand that Jean.. Wales and Monmouthshire.
Abergavenny is called the Gateway to Wales.
We are now as a local council Blaeanau Gwent and is 'supposed' to be our address... I always use Gwent with my postcode, like Shaun don't like change for the sake of it.
My cousins born in Aber which was then Monmouthshire always consider themselves Welsh ,of course they are:)
The local Council are Monmouthshire C C, but didn't think 'Gwent' was out of favour.

Sandie.x

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 26 Jan 2011 20:21

Hello All,
Mum was born in Wales, - so do I qualify? and I spent at least one holiday each year visiting grandparents and other relatives in the Vale of Glamorgan.
I love the nearby beaches of Southerndown and Ogmore-by-Sea.

I have many friends in Wales, having gone to college with them in Cardiff, but I am Hampshire-born, now exiled in south Kent.

Gwyn ( really Gwyneth)

northenheart

northenheart Report 26 Jan 2011 20:25

scd..u dont no what ur missin the views are lovely.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 26 Jan 2011 20:56

Hello Gwyn of course you qualify,Welcome. Many years ago(Sandie recons I'm getting on) as a child we would go to Porthcawl and the Mumbles.
Hi Jean welcome aboard, great to hear from you.
Sandie you have started something, can you work this out, Hay-on-Wye his in Wales so why as it got a Hereford post code.
Goodnight all and thank you for joining the thread.
Shaun

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 26 Jan 2011 20:57

I live in New South Wales in Australia so I think I should be allowed on this thread:-))

S x

Diane

Diane Report 26 Jan 2011 21:09

Hi Shaun

I'm another Aussie thread regular that is wishing you every success with your thread, I was born in LLangollen and now live in Liverpool but my aim is to return to my birth place and retire there.
Good luck

Diane ( Liverpool Lass )

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 26 Jan 2011 21:11

Lol Shaun
I didn't say that you were getting on :)) ..tut
I do not consider myself as such but remember the change of county boundaries and renaming in about 1975 and what a havoc it caused in work., just started the yr before BTW
You must be as young as I am:)
The Hay on Wye post code theory is that the Posties have been up the Bluff and on the mushrooms :)))
Nite Shaun
Cysgu yn dawel~~
Sandie.x

Edit ..Di rephrase/ spellcheck your last sentence.lol