General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 12 + 1 of 690

1. «
  2. 11
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 4 Feb 2011 17:30

Evening lovely people!

Well as I said this morning (when you were all still in your beds) lol, the wind has been quite firghtening here in the North, a slight lull around 2pm and now it is raging again......my lights are dimming.........I hope the electric does not go off.

Off to Liverpool tomorrow maybe........not if the weather gets worse though!

~~~~~~~~~~ to Ann of GG, did not realise you were in Cardiff

Annx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Feb 2011 18:34

Evening all - I shall not be at the match - too cold and windy here to leave the house - shall watch from the warmth of my chair!!! me and my cat - he's Welsh too - Cadwaladr!!!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Feb 2011 18:35

Priunce Charles - Alzheimers? how could one tell

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 4 Feb 2011 18:50

Noswaith dda to you all. I have just filled the wood-burner up, and made some sandwiches.Hopping to watch the match but I'm a little concerned because my lights are going on and off like **Ann** so might have to listen to five live, fingers crossed that my electric stays on. According to the traffic report all roads leading to Cardiff are very busy , worst tail backs are on the sever bridge. Like your cats name Ann of GG.
Well you all have a good evening.
Shaun

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 4 Feb 2011 18:58

Hello Shaun,

Have got my fingers crossed also, the lights are dipping like crazy here, wind much worse than when I last posted, just heard on the welsh news they have closed the severn bridge!

Cadwaladr.....theres proper welsh Ann!

Annx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Feb 2011 19:30

heis a prince among cats!! Caddy for short!! he's a rescue job - thrown in a skip with his siblings and his mum!!!

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 4 Feb 2011 19:34

How cruel Ann! I am just trying to imagine Shaun "hopping" to watch the match........dont try and eat your sarnie at the same time Shaun!

Annx

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 4 Feb 2011 20:43

Electric still on but flickering a lot, I think we could do with the PONTY FRONT ROW. Speak later.
Shaun

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 4 Feb 2011 21:42

Well we live to fight another day - no shame in that score. Good match I thought, especially the second half.

Tec.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Feb 2011 21:59

was good

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 4 Feb 2011 22:06

Good game best team won, DUW, DUW,DUW its HARD.
Sleep tight,chat tomorrow .
Shaun

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 4 Feb 2011 22:59

Hi to all~~~

Merlin , your 'old' garden sounds like my gramps,I'm not good guessing size wise , but thinking of cars lengths.. his greenhouse was over 30ft long. And as I said he was self sufficient in fruit and veg, just not for himself and nan, but for 4 of his married children who had their own self contained 'quarters' of his huge house (with their own children !)
Mum and dad didn't live there as a married couple, they married in 1941 whilst dad was in the RAF.
Gramps died when I was 5, his family had moved out before then.It was sold when I was about 9 or 10 I guess.
It is now converted into 7 quite nice sized flats. Been into a few as dad still lived in the village until he died at 90, 7 yrs ago, and had got to know the peeps that had bought them.

Your gardens sound lovely, I always wanted a Ginka Bilboa, but I fear our frosts are too heavy here, I bet your downsized one looks champion too:)

Ann of GG~~
Is they Greyhound pub in Market St ?.. If It is the one I'm thinking of ,yes the food is truly delicious.

AnninGlos~~
I've never seen white raspberries, dad a huge area of red ones , but it's something we've never grown.

Dermot~~~
Wash your mouth out .. won't have you talking about our 'Welsh ?' Prince of Wales like that .tut tut

~~ waves to all not personally mentioned , have read all your threads with smiles:)

Byeee from a Bleeding Wet and extremely Windy South Wales

Sandie.x

Sallie

Sallie Report 4 Feb 2011 23:36

Sandie, I spoke to my sister in law tonight, and she said that the Greyhound pub, is a lot better for food than Whetherspoons. The pub is at the back of the market, but I'm not sure if that's Market Street.

Goodnight to everyone. Sallie.xx

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 4 Feb 2011 23:38

Sallie ~~
It is the one I am thinking of then..Greyhound pub.
Never been to Aber W'spoons, cousin said it was cheap and cheerful, no comment on the quality.. other than to say it was cheap!!!
Thanks. Nite :)
Sandie.x

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Feb 2011 23:55

Greyhound is down the side f the market- if you go on a Saturday it's wise to book

I have the number if anyone needs it - menu is fantastic and not expensive

Didn't care for Weathersppons - service was not good

High tea in the Angel is super - a bit pricey but very genteel!!!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Feb 2011 00:09

Wetherspoons have the best toilets and as they're downstairs at the entrance you don't have to go in the pub!!!

Diane

Diane Report 5 Feb 2011 03:36

G'day one nall..you all seem a grreat friendly buch of peeps here!! sooo glad i found you all, I am on friends re; and I try to get as many Welshies as i can on board my groups..also I pop into all Welsh groups too!This Welsh scenario is mainly because I try to follow up on all my relies from way back when to the year of dot [if poss; haha] so pleasedto see this group here one genes... will pop in again[made my day!] from Diane in Tassie] been around many patrs of Australia.. wish we could all get together always wether from Wales or otherwise as I have Great Celtic good heart [so ive been told recenmtly] haha .. but to sign of i will say this as i like it so much regards and good wishes to all from Di[as in 'DIE IN OZ!] lots of fun n smiles to peeps with a darn good heart especially!

Persephone

Persephone Report 5 Feb 2011 10:33

Hello Diane

Whereabouts in Tassie do you live? I am a kiwi and I go on the Aussie thread mostly but also pester others. I would live in Tasmania if I could I just love the place.

I made a lamb stirfry for tea tonight Merlin and Shaun. I bought the lamb from our Halal butcher down the road - we are the only area in Auckland that has three Halal butchers and lots of spices and lentils shops. It is a great little community and the various ethnic groups come from all over Auckland to shop here. His meat is a lot cheaper than the supermarket meat and they cut all the fat off so your not paying for something you don't want.

Persie

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Feb 2011 12:36

Croeso Diane - welcome to Wales!! from Ann in Cardiff

Merlin

Merlin Report 5 Feb 2011 13:51

Get my Meat from Scotland,Aberdeen Angus,get it shipped down overnight, brilliant stuff, Got some of their Super Gormet Burgers for tonight,with home made thick chips and mushy peas.**M**.ps.from what I hear of Oz. you,ll all need to grow B flippers soon.Take care and keep dry.:o)>