General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 18 + 1 of 666

1. «
  2. 11
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 8 Feb 2011 21:25

Suzanne Croeso (Welcome) to the thread.
Enjoy the chat .
Shaun

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 8 Feb 2011 21:39

Oh Angelsey..........lovely beaches, lots of childhood memories there, long hot days, summer picnics on the beach. Inflatable dinghy taking us miles out to sea with mother waving the brightest coloured towel frantically , trying to get us to come back to shore!

Oh to be so fearless again like we were when young!

Welcome Suzanne!

Annx

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 8 Feb 2011 21:41

hi shaun,thanks for the welcome,im a scouser but my hubby is welsh,and welsh speaking ,our children are all welsh speaking but english is spoken in the house,our youngest daughter did all her g.s.s.e:s in welsh including maths.we are a mixture and it works very well for us.x

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 8 Feb 2011 21:44

ann,do you mean trearddur bay?its still nice here in summer,but the weather not has good as it was when i was younger.x

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 8 Feb 2011 22:13

Hi All~~~
Gawsh you have to keep reading back on this thread , otherwise you miss something. Used to be like like that on the numbers thread, shame but we've lost our 2 dear Aussie friends, Jackie and Daph,who don't post any more. We e.mail each other tho:)
Jackie would be on this thread I suspect as she once lived in Wales.

Brenda~~~
Love... Johhny Fish ,the post as a Welsh nickname / local k/a :))

Von~~
Di iawn diolch.... in response to your correct posting in Welsh.
We've had a beautiful day today, but it's gone cloudy now, my heating has come on, temp has dropped and as I'm a cold person had to put a scarf on to bring in the clothes from the washing line, which did dry :)

Ann~~
I've never been to Chester, BIL use to work in Wrexham,(I've been there..smashing place to eat and shop ) he's lived in N Wales for over 30 yrs, he says it's a very pleasant town. Men aren't really into shopping are they:) My ex SIL used to love going shopping there.
Hope you had a nice day:)

Must dash>>
Food time!
Suspect hubby's already started it.. so I may get black looks !

Sandie.x

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 9 Feb 2011 09:42

Just thought of another one of the names.In fact it was my first introduction to the way the Welsh get round recognising people as a lot have the same surnames.
My OH's parents had a guest house between Barmouth and Harlech and with it came the local poacher.man of all trades who was a character.This was in the 50's.He was called Will Fox,which I thought was his name,but it was Davies.He used to catch foxes for the Ministry of Ag and Fish and get so much money for handing in the fox's tail.
He was a character who told many stories in the local pub sitting there with his little terrier Megas.A great fisherman as well.

Jean (Monmouth)

Jean (Monmouth) Report 9 Feb 2011 10:16

Just spoken to Jude, and she and her sister are off to Aber to have a look round and check on a few eating places. I have never been in there, but have suggested that the big hotel/pub/restaurant near Tesco might be worth a look. Anyone know it/ I think it is called The Auberge.

Sallie

Sallie Report 9 Feb 2011 11:20

Jean, I know the pub you mean, but I don't know what it's like.
I'm sure Jude and her sister will suss something out for us all.

Hope you're alright. Take care.

Love, Sallie.x

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 9 Feb 2011 12:07

I've posted this before on another thread, probably Jude's had a quick look , but couldn't see it there, scanned too quickly I expect:)
The Auberge in Abergavenny is relatively new I'm sure it was previously the Herefordshire house.
There are plenty of web sites about it but no ratings, given as yet.
Quoted as a Classy day time bar !
My rellies in Aber haven't been there, so can't give a comment on it.

Sandie.x

Ediit..to Jude, thanks for asking about the migraine, I don't have severe ones fortunately,and yes the headache is fine now, No doubt I will get another in a few days,which again won't last for long (fingers crossed) but that is the pattern of my migraines.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 9 Feb 2011 18:17

Hello Everybody, how are you all. The thread is two weeks in the making.
Different day today wet misty and chilly. Yesterday we spent most of day in garden in lovely warm sunshine. The cold weather we have had this last 3 months have killed off several shrubs, so I will have to get someone in to dig them out before replanting. Also a lot of cracked clay pots although they were wrapped in fleece.
Suzanne, you are in a lovely area, over the years I have stayed at Amlwch, Benllech, Penmon and Beaumaris. I have also stayed on a lovely dairy farm at Pentraeth. But my favourite area as got to be Pembrokeshire, if I came up on the lotto I would move to St.Davids tomorrow . Dermot, are we ``Talking Tidy`` or should the thread be cleaned up a bit.
Chat later.
Shaun

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 9 Feb 2011 19:30

Evening one and all!

Suzanne...........yes I think it was, we seemed to go to the same beach each time. My mums brother moved there some time ago now and lived there with his family for a number of years......they loved it, they are now in Porthcawl.

Just watching Rolf Harris going back to Wales with his grandson.

Annx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 9 Feb 2011 19:44

Evening all:o)

Well the Auberg is very nice, clean and spacious, although we did'nt check the loos, the chef came out and said we can move tables if we want. They do coffee's alchohol(sp) food, etc :o)

Take care all:o)

jude x

Diane

Diane Report 10 Feb 2011 01:09

Hi all, just popped in , luv to read up everyones messages re; anything to do with Wales..never mind if anyone was born there or otherwise..for me it all comes down to peeps having an interest in Wales at the end of the day.. by the way does anyone at all belong to other site here [Friends reunited?] best wishes to all, from Di, as in [die across the waves in Tassie!!]~~~~~

Persephone

Persephone Report 10 Feb 2011 01:29

Di

Whereabouts in Tassie do you live? As said before love the place, seen most of it and we both have little things we like about different places there.

Our builder was here yesterday his name is Gareth and he said he had been to Wales and I thought well with a name like Gareth you must descend from there. He is back tomorrow and will try and have a chat with him without stopping him from doing his job as I am paying him by the hour.

Cottage pie for tea tonight Shaun.

Persie

Diane

Diane Report 10 Feb 2011 01:29

hello hello, i have dropped in here n there, will always drop in for a good read up, i go to Micks page to he is out in the bush.. luv to hear anyrthing about Wales wether anyone is born there or not just luv reading about anything from Wales really.. anyone on freinds reunited here i wonder the? regards Diane.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 10 Feb 2011 09:51

Morning lovely peeps,

From a dark damp North Wales! Doing a bit of housework & washing this am, as am running out of clothes to wear.!.....Hello Diane in Tassie!

Am going with daughter later to take baby for her injections, not looking forward to that....poor mite.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Annx

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 10 Feb 2011 11:12

Morning all~~~

Damp and misty in S E Wales.

I have put a wash load on tho, it's lightweight stuff so it can dry fairly easily indoors.
Must go and do a bit more h'work :(

Sandie.x

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 10 Feb 2011 16:11

P'nawn da to you all. Well it's another day indoors owing to the weather, misty,wet and windy. So I've been trying to sort out a little family history, there's paper work everywhere.
SANDIE, migraines are no joke, I used to get them a lot at one time also the vomiting. No two migraine sufferers are the the same, so many different things can trigger it off. In my case I have to watch my intake of tea,coffee, cheese,chocolate and nuts. If you go to www.migrainetrust.org you will see a lot of information, ie causes and treatments. What I find as helped is a cup of camomile tea first thing, I don't like it but it helps. Thank goodness I don't get it as often as I used too.
Back later
Shaun

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 10 Feb 2011 20:08

Noswaith dda everyone,

Hope everyone has had a good day today.

It was a lovely day here in Sth Merionnydd, sunny and very mild too. Got to spend a couple of hours in the garden tidying up a bit, and pruning back a large shrub that had outgrown its space. Snowdrops and crocus are out, and quite a lot of daffodil and narcissi showing in the borders.

Diane, nice to see you are a fan of Wales, you also live in a beautiful place. Tasmania is high on my list of favourite places with spectacular scenery, and fantasticly friendly people.

Hwyl fawr,
Tec.

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 10 Feb 2011 22:04

Hi Gents ~~ and to anyone else who appears whilst I'm typing.
Hope everyone is well:)

Shaun ,~~~
Had my first migraine whilst in senior school, and suffered over the yrs with them, they aren't severe ,I can always tell when one is coming on tho.
I used to suffer with nausea , but not any more, just a blind spot then zigzag lights, then the headache. I'm not a martyr but don't even bother taking medication for it any more ,just lie down (if I'm at home) for 1/2 hr.
Thanks for the link anyway, mine are caused by bright or flashing lights.
Glad you don't suffer too often now:)

Tec,~~~
It's been a grey old day here, was bright and sunny on Tues so hubby cut back a lot of the shrubs, normally my job,but as I'd already had the migraine didn't want to risk the bright light for a re occurrence.
Can get to my recycling boxes without having to brush past the wet shrubs now :)

Sandie.x