General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 2 + 1 of 633

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 26 Jan 2011 21:49

I'm sure I must qualify too...........!

I don't and haven't lived in Wales for a number of years but I'm originally from Bangor in North Wales....and I even have a Welsh name!!!
My family are still there and I try to visit at least once or twice a year, it's surprising how much more I appreciate the countryside now than when I lived there......rain and all..........lol

My eldest daughter has a Welsh middle name and my youngest daughter's first name is Welsh (I managed to over rule my English OH on that one!!)

Croeso i pawb

Mair
(aka Mrs Magoo)

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 26 Jan 2011 21:57

LOL hello Mrs Magoo
hope you and Mr Magoo are keeping well .
Hazelx

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 26 Jan 2011 22:03

Theres lovely........a Welsh thread!!

I wasa born on top of gwaenysgor mountain near Prestatyn, indoors!

Lived in Wales all my life, and currently have a lovely view of Moel Famau from my lounge window!

30 mins to the coast, so have best of both worlds!

Annx

Search Results

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 26 Jan 2011 22:09

I visited part of North Wales a couple of years ago. Prestatyn, Rhos on Sea, Llandudno, Conwy, Bangor and then through Snowdonia. Beautiful place and we'll go again for sure.

S x

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 26 Jan 2011 22:10

We're doing very well thanks Hazel although starting to feel a bit homesick now!
Must be nearly time for another visit to Bangor. Will let you know when so you can come out and give me a wave as the train passes....lol
Are you keeping well too? I hope so.
Mair
xx

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 26 Jan 2011 22:29

Well living in the North of Wales I am a bit bias!!! I love the coastline going up to Bangor, my brother lives in Rhos-on-Sea, and my grandad loved going to Llandudno for "run out" nowhere else would do!

However when I was a small child my parents who were not very well off financially at the time used to take us to the Ffrith beach to stay with Nan & Grandad in their hired caravan.......it was lovely we were spoilt rotten.

Lazing in the sand dunes all day with a picnic lunch, then a ride at the small funfair..........onto the boating lake and mini golf. Then the big treat, a fish & chip supper to take back to the caravan!!

Sue..........Harlech & Shell Island has some lovely beaches and scenery!

Annx

Persephone

Persephone Report 26 Jan 2011 22:44

One of the people in my family tree is from the Mumbles, married a relative of my grandfathers and lived here in NZ.... I call him the Womble from the Mumbles.
I will watch the Welsh and All Black Rugby matches not for the rugby but for the fantastic Welsh singing.

Persie of Tywyn

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 26 Jan 2011 22:55

My parents were Welsh ,my maternal grandfather was English all other grandparents were Welsh
My sister and I, hubby and his brother are all Welsh, all went to the same secondary school.
Hubby and I still live fairly local to that ,tho he lived west of it and I lived east.
My BIL (hubby's bro) lives on Anglesey in Llanfair PG, previously in Wrexham and Caerarfon .
My sister is more of a globe trotter, she moved to SA with other BIL over 20 yrs ago, and have since moved the US.
My dau has a Welsh first name, tho throughout my pregnancy she was going to be called by her now second name, but I changed my mind.:)
Son whom hubby named, has a second name which is Welsh .
I can' talk for Wales' too as may have guessed from my postings.lol

Sandie.x

Persephone

Persephone Report 26 Jan 2011 23:05

Yes Sandie but we luv ya..... well we must do as we seem to pop up on the same threads.

The only Welsh I know is what Sandie and Tec teach me. Our Carole on the Aussie thread seems to be collecting Welsh sayings as she comes up with them from time to time.

Persie

Dermot

Dermot Report 26 Jan 2011 23:07

Anyone able to speak Wenglish?

Just realised that loads of my extended family - through marriage - were born in Neath. I might apply for a Welsh Passport now!

Tecwyn

Tecwyn Report 26 Jan 2011 23:07

Hi Shaun and everyone,

I was born in the Rhondda, and now live in a small coastal village overlooking Cardigan Bay in South Gwynedd.
We don't have much in the way of amenities or shops etc, but a small price to pay for the peace and tranquility..
I wouldn't want to live anywhere else as the quiet life suits me fine.

Dermot - I also listen to Roy Noble most days.

Tec.

Patricia

Patricia Report 26 Jan 2011 23:08

Hi
Dad was from Swansea. cousins live there...I class myself as part Welsh...well I always support them...
Does that count lol

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 26 Jan 2011 23:33

Of course Demot, in the valley's we all 'talk tidy' or Wenglish :)

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe

ShimmsRedRoseAndMistletoe Report 27 Jan 2011 10:28

Hi scb, everyone O))

First started visiting S Wales many many moons ago lol, know Mumbles and surrounding areas well and absolutely adore it.

xxx Shimms xxx

badger

badger Report 27 Jan 2011 11:18

My Sister was born in Rhyll in 1940 ,while my mum and dad were stationed there in the R A F,me ,i was born in bucks [grrrr] after my dad was posted yet again,but i have been to Saundesfoot,and Tenby,and Anglesea many times on holiday and love the country ,and it's foods,so ,i hope i will be allowed to visit.Fred.p/s Hi to Jude if she looks in.xxx

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 27 Jan 2011 11:30

Hello all you little Welsh people - where's Shaun?

S x

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 27 Jan 2011 11:45

MY MUM WAS BORN ON A GOLF COURSE IN WALES

MY OTHER SIDE GRANDAD WAS BORN IN CARDIFF

CAN I JOIN IN

*$parkling $andie*

*$parkling $andie* Report 27 Jan 2011 12:04

Sue maid !
How dare you lol.. little Welsh people indeed :))))

I'll admit to 5.4 .. my mam and dad were about that height , dad might have been a bit taller.
Hubby's side are all tall , my son is probably the shortest of his cousins at 6ft.

Have the rest of a nice day /evening hun.
Speak later.
Off to watch one the soap repeats I missed last night.

Sandie.x

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 27 Jan 2011 12:09

BORE - DA,
Thank you to all who joined the Welsh thread yesterday,you certainly kept me on my toes. SUEMAID from New South Wales welcome , also Dian born in LLangollen the land of song, hallo SANDIE from the gate way to Wales, have you tried the Bluff mushrooms? get a good handful and pop them into a pan of mutton stew FANTASTIC. I was born in Llandrindod Wells 1954,so I'm getting on a little bit. I'm quite new to the computer age Sandie what do you mean when you say Edit rephrase / spellcheck ?
Mr Magoo welcome to the Welsh thread, Also welcome to Lady Cutie, Ann from Prestatyn, Tecwyn from the Rhondda, Patricia yes you count, Shimms welcome, Dizzi welcome aboard.

You all take care,be back soon.
Shaun

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 27 Jan 2011 12:27

Just popped in to say hi to everyone ..

Mair of course i'll wave to you lolol, and yes i'm fine thanks .

Right i've got to go now see you all later bye bye
Hazelx