General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Father's son.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

enna

enna Report 8 Mar 2013 15:17

patchem, thank you for your comment.
I have tried putting father's name in. Nothing. Maybe because he was Canadian??
My half brother's half sister will not speak to or email me any more.
Regards,
Anne.

patchem

patchem Report 27 Feb 2013 00:10

Have you put your father's details in your tree on this site and on ancestry etc, so that if your half-brother or his relatives does get an interest in genealogy they can contact you?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Feb 2013 23:18

Thank you for returning, Anne

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 26 Feb 2013 23:17

Anne,

Do you want to PM the details you have?

Rose

enna

enna Report 26 Feb 2013 23:08

I posted on this subject ages ago. "Father's Son."
No further contact made.
BuI I would like to say thanks to anyone who reads this and sent advice.
I think my membership must have stopped before I got the chance.
Thank you again and happy searching.
Anne.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 May 2011 19:05

Sylvia,

That and the PM system always gives me errors when I try to access it.

Genes could always block the FLR board from being accessed by search engines to avoid privacy issues.

Rose

Kay????

Kay???? Report 1 May 2011 09:13

Anne,

Follow yourself in what you feel is right for you and any outcome your'e looking for just be aware of any let down that may result,anything more will be a bonus for you.

SpanishEyes

SpanishEyes Report 1 May 2011 07:33

Anne, please think very very carefully before you make any further contact. From personal experienc I can only say that sometimes it is better to stand back from a situation. I have two siblings, one older one younger, one is my sister and the other is my half sister. Because of anger etc at a failing marriage our mother confused us all indeed she caused chaos. It was only 18months ago that her first husband told Me the truth just before he died.

The sister I was brought up with begged me not to tell either her or the other person what I had been told and on reflection I knew she was right. I still have two sisters when I may have hurt and possible lost them both.

My grandmother used to say, " it is a wise child who knows it's own father" how true.

Meanwhile enjoy the knowledge you have,

My sincere best wishes

08.35 hrs Spain. Who is also in her sixties !!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 May 2011 06:07

Rose

Not that I know of!

well, I don't usually help with finding iving relatives anyway, mainly because I don't know the UK system any more.

But, helpers feed off each other when searching ........ and you can't do that on the FLR because everything is done by pm .............. which does help to keep information off the boards BUT ................!

sylvia

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 May 2011 01:21

I wouldn't post anything on the "Find Living Relatives" board. Seriously, do any of the helpers use that board?

Anne, are you sure you have the correct address?

Rose

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 May 2011 00:19

As you have his name and address, you could see if a number is listed on

www.whitepages.com

Hope you find him, but as you say, may be he doesn't want to have contact again. :((

Try another letter making sure you have your name/address on the back. You could ask at the Post Office if there is an International 'signed for' postal service, and cost. At least that way you can track the letter to be sure it was received.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 30 Apr 2011 23:49

Hi Anne, i suggest you delete this thread and post it on the "Trying To Find" OR "Find Living Relatives" board with the heading................."USA Look Up" Good luck....PH.

enna

enna Report 30 Apr 2011 23:02

I am 99% sure that I have a half brother in the USA.
Spoke to him once too. I have his address, I think but no phone number. (He moved.)
Is there any way I could get in touch with him?
I have written but no reply. Maybe he doesn't want to know any more.
Father died and only his half brother and sister left.
We are both in our 60s now.
Any advice?
Thank you.
anne.