General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for a family Garner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 28 Jul 2011 19:46

I hope someone can help me, i am looking for the family of the late Ellen Garner from Cheshunt Herts. Ellen was my Great Aunt and her maiden name was Herbert.Born Jan10th 1884 died in 1982.
She had five or six children.
My Grandmother Catherine Herbert (Doubtfire) was her youngest sister ,known as Kate and born in1889.
Many Thanks for any help.
Regards
Margaret Burrell

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Jul 2011 20:09

Hi Margaret,

Look to the top of the board,,Search Trees click on this and enter her birth name and year of birth plus 2 either side of actual year and see from the list if anyone has her in their tree,,,,,you can as a paid member send the person whos name is to the right a PM(personal message),if you are sucessful a reply will come in the form of a white envelope again at the top under Messages click to read,,,,,then the option is there for your reply back.
A quick glance shows there could be matches.

McB

McB Report 28 Jul 2011 22:19

My mum was a Garner, came from Gordon road Forty hill enfield.

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Feb 2013 19:48

Hi Mc B, what was your Mums christian name and where did she live.?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Feb 2013 19:51

McB posted in 2011 - unlikely to see your posting

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Feb 2013 19:54

it would be much better if you deleted this posting and reposted on Find Ancestors which is the board which deals with this kind of thing - not Chat

Have you done what Kay advised? used "Search" to look for connections on this site?