General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

In which I boast in an arrogant manner.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jun 2012 21:04

Whilst I feed the old man on dry bread I am not above showing off my cooking elsewhere. Today we cooked for the village lunch club (you pay three pounds each and eat the two courses the volunteers choose to dish up).
It was sausage,mash and baked beans (chav dinner!) served to mainly elderley professional people. The sausages came from a local butcher at a good rate,the mash had cheese,onion and peas in it and was baked but I made the baked beans during the week. All week I have been worrying about this, assuming that most of the beans would be left.
To my amazement,not one bean came back and people were asking for the recipe.They came back for seconds of the mash too.
The almond and apricot rice pudding didn't go so well but thet were full!

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 21 Jun 2012 21:06

:-D sounds good, but did he eat it?

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Jun 2012 21:07

Can you put the recipe on here Thanks

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Jun 2012 21:08

Can you put the recipe on here for the baked beansThanks

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 21 Jun 2012 21:11

oo id of had the rice pudding yum yum

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jun 2012 21:12

! lb haricot beans
1 cup brown sugar
half cup molasses
half cup tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon mustard powder
half teaspoon salt
2 green Oxos

Soak and cook the beans as it says on the packet (overnight and fast boil,then simmer). Mix the other ingredients together. Drain beans, reserving some of the water which you mix with the other ingredients and put in a slow cooker with the beans for six to nine hours.

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 21 Jun 2012 21:14

oh your poor OH. didnt you bring the left overs home for him? :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jun 2012 21:17

OH was cooking with me. The old man is my 92 year old stroke victim dad who I neglect and treat abysmally.

He was there eating as well.He had to.It is his only chance of a decent meal!

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jun 2012 21:17

OH was cooking with me. The old man is my 92 year old stroke victim dad who I neglect and treat abysmally.

He was there eating as well.He had to.It is his only chance of a decent meal!

People now have some idea of why we have to move him round on wheels!

Kay????

Kay???? Report 21 Jun 2012 21:45

wonder he didnt want--------

just plain -----------TOAST,,,,,,,,,, ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Jun 2012 21:54

He probably did but he has two choices. what I am serving or go without.

He would not have eaten my baked beans at home.

Sandra

Sandra Report 22 Jun 2012 15:42

Thank Sharron

Vera2010

Vera2010 Report 22 Jun 2012 17:37

That sounds lovely rice pudding an all but I would have to have had some tomato sauce to mix into my mash. Glad your Dad got some food. Hope he had seconds too.

Vera

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jun 2012 18:42

Actually I did have ramekins of some tomato ketchup I had made on the tables as well.

I just forgot to boast about that bit. Silly me.

Vera2010

Vera2010 Report 22 Jun 2012 18:44

Oh OK but I would have preferred the bottle.

Vera

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jun 2012 18:48

Are you related to the old biddy who complained because her sausage wasn't black enough by any chance?

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jun 2012 18:48

Are you related to the old biddy who complained because her sausage wasn't black enough by any chance?

Vera2010

Vera2010 Report 22 Jun 2012 20:12

How did you guess? Forgot to say the sausage needs to be Veggie,

Vera

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jun 2012 21:39

Well,there was a veggie one for me but all the others were part of a deal we did with our butcher.

Usually I am the only veggie there but I am happy to take my own main course sometimes as I still get a sweet and a cup of coffee for the £3.

Because the same old biddy makes such a fuss about what she can and can't eat I sometimes get a special meal for not making a fuss.