General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adding people to my tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gavin

Gavin Report 2 Oct 2012 20:44

I have started using the new tree but I can't add the details to members of my family I have put all the info in but can't find any key to store it on my tree I need help and explainations

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 2 Oct 2012 20:58

Gavin if you go to Help section in menu

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/faqs

You can read up about it, when adding info on the slide out panel ( when clicking on a name in tree you will see arrows << to right of screen this slides the info panel across) remember to press 'save'.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 2 Oct 2012 20:58

Hi Gavin

It might be that you have to click on "Page"..........top right next to "Tools" and then click on "Zoom".........and then Zoom out to 75% in order for you see the "Save" box at the bottom.

I hope that makes sense!!

Prickles. :-)

jax

jax Report 3 Oct 2012 02:21

Or press F11 then you should see the save box....depending on what sort of computer you have...dont think it works with a Mac

Estelle

Estelle Report 3 Oct 2012 06:07

How do you add a 2nd marriage and children from that marriage. I can only add the first partner and children. Can anyone give me a clue to what to do. Estelle