General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

'OSPITAL 'ORRIBLE CHARGES

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 6 Nov 2012 18:16

WENT TO 'ORRBLE 'OSPITAL TODAY
THEY PINCHED ME BLOOD

THEN CHARGED £3 FOR AN HOUR IN THE CAR PARK

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Nov 2012 18:36

BLOOD MONEY, HOW DESPICABLE!!!

Bob

thats dearer than buying petrol!!

Wend

Wend Report 6 Nov 2012 18:48

Bloody cheek, Dizz!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 6 Nov 2012 19:00

TAX ON BEEN ILL ;-)

Ron2

Ron2 Report 6 Nov 2012 21:35

You must live down south Dizzi as not so expensive here to park tho been a while since I used hospital car park.

Had my blood done yesterday too, but at my GPs. George the male nurse does bloods and even tho he takes a phial full there's only the merest hint of a jab. Hope your results are OK. I get my results on Tuesday next week - diabetic but not expecting good news. Keep smiling and posting

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 7 Nov 2012 08:38

I totally object to paying for parking when I am shopping. Either the shops of teh council should provice free parking if they want my custom.

As for hospitals, I think I remember when that all started. Of course, you expect hopsitals to provide free and plenteous parking. And they did. It must have been about 15 years ago. I had a job at the time dealing with hospital franchisees so was having to go to up to 4 hospitals per day to visit shops.

From not needing to take any cash out with me, I was suddenly finding I needed at least £20 per day.

Brenda from Wales

Brenda from Wales Report 7 Nov 2012 08:44

Here in N Wales they have stopped Hospital car parking charges thank goodness.
Had 4 files of blood taken yesterday for my annual m.o.t.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Nov 2012 09:13

What annoys me about Hospital Car park charges is you get a ticket when you go in to pay when you leave, BUT every time we are there for an appointment we arent seen on time , can sit waiting to be seen for over two hours sometimes after the appointment time and then pay for the privilege when leaving the car park . Maybe its a scam to get more charges out of the patients.

Wend

Wend Report 7 Nov 2012 09:31

My daughter took her 2 year old son to a London hospital a few months ago for an operation to stitch a badly cut lip. She was told to be there at 7 am. She parked her car in the hospital car park. The operation was postponed several times during the day due to emergencies coming in. Finally, at 5 pm, she was told to take him home and come back the next morning at 7 a.m. To add insult to injury, her parking ticket was £30! She refused to pay and, after an argument with the parking attendant, he accepted £5.

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 7 Nov 2012 09:57

MY FRIENDS MOTHER DIED TWO WEEKS AGO AND HAD BEEN IN IC UNIT FOR A MONTH.
THEY WENT EVERY DAY SO THE TOOK IT IN TURNS,HUSBAND,3 SONS AND DAUGHTER,PLUS THEIR ADULT CHILDREN DAILY PARKING WAS APALLING ,

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 7 Nov 2012 12:22

if your attending hospital regular
you can buy a 3 month pass at ours its £30 :-D

Julia

Julia Report 7 Nov 2012 12:25

If visiting etc for a week, you can get a ticket for £9.50., but OH says it is expensive otherwise. Hospital made alot of money last year from car parking charges, at ours. And I do mean alot.

JUlia in Derbyshire

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 7 Nov 2012 12:30

If you are visiting a long term patient you can get a free pass. Ask the ward sister which office in the hospital issues them.

We pay even with a disabled badge. Charges were brought in because idiots were parking for free in the hospital car park then catching the bus into town to go shopping. How bloody inconsiderate.

I did write and suggest that a free pass could be issued with an appointment card but it's too much to administrate apparently.