General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Latest ideal Christmas present

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 13 Nov 2012 14:21

for two year old girls and up?? A doll with which the child can simulate breast feeding. The doll also requires burping and if not - then cries - £60.

What in the name of commonsense do we need a doll like this?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2012 14:28

I was six when my sister was born and I can remember copying my Mum when she was breast feeding her, so i suppose it is just a step forward from that! But imagination is all that is necessary really.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Nov 2012 15:34

I was reading about the doll earlier.
My grandson was 2 when his little brother was born - and he used to breast feed his teddy!
He asked his daddy why he didn't breast feed the baby.
When grandson was informed that boys/men can't breast feed, he was most indignant!! :-0

GinN

GinN Report 13 Nov 2012 15:35

Yes, it does seem a bit eurrr, but it's no worse than dolls that pooh. I still laugh when I remenber my daughter pulling up her jumper and sticking her favourite toy to her chest:
"kermit the frog is having milk from my boobies" she said, with a really maternal look on her face. Bless her, she was only 3!

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 13 Nov 2012 16:05

Oh my grand daughter Caitlin is always sitting there with her doll at breast, She also puts a dress on sticks baby under it and laies on the floor and gives birth to it. She has been doing that for the last 3 yrs, she is 6. now :-0

I have to laugh at her tho :-D

She is a only child

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 13 Nov 2012 17:20

And they will probably fly off the shelves, neither my granddaughters or nieces were into dolls (soft toys yes) but dolls were always discarded ....so can't say how I feel about a breastfed doll but at £60 I think a child's imagination and a reasonably priced doll is a better option :-)

Julia

Julia Report 13 Nov 2012 18:05

Well, I did read that Cabagge Patch Dolls were making a come back. Never liked them.
Eldest daughter, when she was little, and she is 46 next Feb, had a Tiny Tears Doll.
Although I knitted clothes for it, I couldn'y bear to hold it. It was like holding a dead baby.
Incidently, I used the same pattern to knit a dress for my youngest, 42 next, to bring her out of Prem.Hospital.

Julia in Derbyshire