General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Secret of Crickley Hall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GinN

GinN Report 18 Nov 2012 22:02

Has anyone just watched "The Secret of Crickley Hall" ?

Scary or what! :-0

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 18 Nov 2012 22:08

Hi,
I have just watched it and quite enjoyed it , I have read a lot of James Herbert books but had missed this one.
Will be watching the next part next Sunday.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Nov 2012 22:20

I will have to find it on iPlayer as I forgot to set it to record. Son was watching Formula 1 and nothing has to interupt that, lol.

Kath. x

Von

Von Report 18 Nov 2012 22:40

Hi
I started to watch it but decided it wasn't for me so turned over to something else
Take care
Von

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Nov 2012 22:45

Watched it but not sure I liked it, a bit spooky. Will probably watch next week though as nothing else on.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Nov 2012 22:58

I was too frightened to watch it - saw Suranne being interviewed on BBC breakfast the other morning and Sophie Raworth said "we usually look at these programmes befor we do interviews, but it scared me so much I couldn't watch it", so I thought "that's me out of it then :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Nov 2012 00:16

I watched it, and am looking forward to part 2 :-D

Ann and Ann, my darlinks, it's only a story :-D

Julia

Julia Report 19 Nov 2012 08:19

Yes we watched it. Biggest suprise was that the OH liked it, when I thought he wouldn't.
Did anyone realise that the little girl, the youngest daughter, was the little actress that does the advert for "Orio Biscuits". She is a firm favourite at this house as we have a grandaughter just like her. In every way LOLOL
Will be watching again next week.

Julia in Derbyshire

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Nov 2012 08:23

Maggie Lol I know, don't like spooky books much either, frightened to turn the page! Wimp!! :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 19 Nov 2012 08:53

Missed the opening, What is wrong with the teachers right hand?

Bob

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Nov 2012 09:39

I missed that too Bob.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Nov 2012 09:43

It looked as if there's a chunk of muscle missing, from memory just above the crook of her arm. If they explained how that happened, or if she was born that way, I missed it!

It wasn't scarey to me. Ghost stories I can cope with, horror ones are a no-no :-D

Annina

Annina Report 19 Nov 2012 12:28

I was going to give it a miss until I noticed that James Herbert was responsible,I am a great fan of his and also missed this story.

Really enjoyed it and will watch next week

The teachers arm looked to me as if it had been burned,as my husband is likewise scarred I reckognised it. The make up artists have done a great job.