General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am back on-line at long last

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 20 Nov 2012 10:09

:-D

After many phone calls, being told that I had my set up wired in wrong several times & that perhaps I should ring back when I had someone who knew what they were doing!

This morning a lovely young man from Openreach corrected the fault ... at the Exchange ... & then came down & checked this end. I had done everything right!

I had been doubting myself, but am pleased to say that I do know what I am doing :-D :-D :-D :-D

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 20 Nov 2012 10:13

Great to see you back. Must have been very anniying when they blamed you for their fault.

Perhaps a letter of complaint is in order.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Nov 2012 10:26

Welcome back, Carol.
My phone was finally fixed last week. I really hate it when they question your set-up.
As I kept repeating to my provider, all my computers, over more than 10 years have been set up the same way - why should the set-up suddenly be 'wrong'? The only change over that time has been Talk Talk took over Tiscali - and things started to go wrong......

The fault was the wire entering the house - by the roof!!!
Not my fault then :-D

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 20 Nov 2012 15:31

Just got a call from my new internet provider wanting feed back on how it went ... well he got some :-D & I stayed very calm & polite

wisechild

wisechild Report 20 Nov 2012 15:45

I was off line for several weeks last summer due to a fault on the phone line.
Engineer said it was due to damp in the junction box. When I pointed out that it was August & we´d had no rain for weeks, he came up with the idea that the cat had wee´d on it.
Needless to say, Ollie was most affronted as he has never done a whoopsey in the house in his life.
Talk about clutching at straws. :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Nov 2012 16:55

Don't you hate the way 'they' assume we are all idiots. I wonder if they only treat females that way? Perhaps the males among us would like to comment.

Welcome back carol, must have been most frustrating.

♥†۩ Carol   Paine ۩†♥

♥†۩ Carol Paine ۩†♥ Report 20 Nov 2012 17:22

I just wonder if they realise that we are more used to following instructions than they are ... we follow recipes, knitting/crotchet patterns & can even adapt them if needed :-)

I still use many of my Mum's old recipes in pounds/ounces but can now convert them into kilos/grams for Grandchildren & cups for my American Sister in law.

When knitting for premature babies I have adapted patterns to reduce the number of seams & made smaller.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Nov 2012 19:37

Welcome back Carol!!

:-D

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 21 Nov 2012 19:07

Dear Carol

Hello

Welcome back to the boards!

Take gentle care
Best wishes
Elizabeth, EOS