General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It's here

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Nov 2012 21:06

The cooker has been delivered. It has been christened and this piece of shortbread is a bit good.

I knew we would be the last call by the man delivering and connecting so waited before I started tea. OH came in to find no food waiting for him and must have supposed I couldn't be bothered to do any. I told him we had no cooker yet so he suggested he make some soup out of what was left in the fridge.

Well,no dear. I really don't suppose the delivery manwants a hot stove in his van!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Nov 2012 00:56

:-D brains escape him for a moment? :-D

I thought, when you said it had been christened , that you'd given it a name.

I'd like it to be known as......Christopher :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 21 Nov 2012 01:25

No,it's not a Christopher. Burny more like!

Julia

Julia Report 21 Nov 2012 08:54

Congratulations Sharron, I hope you and your new cooker will be very happy together. LOLOL
Just in time for Christmas.

JUlia in Derbyshire

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Nov 2012 09:30

Glad it arrived in time to avoid starvation.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 21 Nov 2012 12:06

... and have you made Fred a lovely cake in readiness for his birthday ?

Gwyn

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 21 Nov 2012 12:20

OHHHH scrambled eggs all round for lunch as Sharon is cooking with the new cooker today,,,,, :-D

Merlin

Merlin Report 21 Nov 2012 13:56

Just to be on the safe side Sharron, don,t forget to clean the Kettle you warmed the Soup up in whilst waiting for your Super Duper Cooker and Fridge :-D :-D :-D