General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How to tell when you have

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 22 Nov 2012 22:18

completely and utterly lost it !

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Nov 2012 22:20

:-S

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 22 Nov 2012 22:20

I don't know if I ever really had it ! What ever 'it' is. :-D :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 22 Nov 2012 22:22

When you have a living room full of packed boxes ready to stash in the garage cluttered with other stuff also. You know you have lost it when you decide to change the furniture around :-D

Yep I have just done that :-S

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 22 Nov 2012 22:22

Ive utterly lost it but dont know when or how it happened. :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 22 Nov 2012 22:24

Ginnie I would like to claim IT is sanity but I have never been sure about mine so I just call it IT and hope for the best.

Ann I couldn´t agree more :-D

Wend

Wend Report 22 Nov 2012 22:25

Uzzi, stop that, remember your poor old back! :-0

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 22 Nov 2012 22:27

Suzanne shhhh I´m not really sure how long ago I lost IT (could have been Wednesday *grins* ) but I do try to pretend sometimes that IT is still there

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Nov 2012 22:29

that's perfectly normal Uzzi, I do it all the time :-D

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 22 Nov 2012 22:30

Wend that´s what me back said also but it was bugging me cos the settee covered the radiator and the coffee table stuck out to far Mind the unit wif me lappy on is wrong but I wasn´t that brave.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 22 Nov 2012 22:32

See folks I am normal cos Rose says I am .....so there :-P

Rose I used to be terrible for it but this isn´t my house, I will be left on Tuesday and I´m supposed to be packing it up. The ruddy furniture layout just annoyed me so I changed !

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Nov 2012 22:38

lol Uzzi has been known for me to sit in other people's houses and 'mentally move' all their furniture to where I'd put it, me moving furniture almost classes as a hobby ;-)

I think it may be inherited from my nan who apparently used to not just move the furniture around in each room, but would also change the function of rooms when family were out, they'd come home to find the lounge was now a bedroom and vice versa :-D

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 22 Nov 2012 22:42

Sometimes you just have to do things. :-D

I visit OH's family and the furniture layout is so wrong to me and my hands itch to move things around but I would never be so rude as to say, they might not speak to me again. But then thinking about it :-D :-D(only joking I love them really)

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 22 Nov 2012 23:25

pmsl at bothe Ginnie and Rose

I used to be a nightmare (I´m just scary now lol) I used to move furniture about all the time infact I used to move rooms about all the time my poor ex used to go to the dogs (greyhound racing I will say) and find the dining room is now the living room and the door that was there was bricked up.
Even my poor pub suffered the cosy corner would move overnight. I did once move the saloon bar to the function room! But I stopped doing it in the RV ..fixed furniture is a slight problem mind I did move some of that !
Rose I am like you I sit in others and mentally move furniture. This is twice since I have put Mums house up for sale I have had a turn around (last time I ousted all the pine from the kitchen to conservatory and put the table and chairs in the kitchen)

BUT I´m selling everything ...... :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Nov 2012 05:31

Bet none of you have actually moved the furniture in someone else's house though :-D

About 20 years, one of my English nieces bought 2 derelict miners cottages, worked for several years to re-build and renovate them, making them into one cottage.

We went to visit soon after she had finished .................. and she was absolutely fuming.

Her mother and aunt had been up to visit 2 weeks previously ...................... A went out to work, and returned to find that the two of them had moved around ALL the furniture in the big "farmhouse" style kitchen, except for the cooker ........... that was still where it was.

It really was a big kitchen, with several large pieces of furniture in it.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 25 Nov 2012 08:07

Sylvia I don´t think I´d dare move other peoples furniture around like that :-S I might suggest that X would look better where Y is but to actually move it whilst they were out. No I don´t think I would dare

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Nov 2012 00:59

Uzzi

I just did not believe it when my niece told me what had happened ..........

...... even though it was her mother, who could be very weird!

It was also a puzzle as to how she had persuaded her sister to help ............. we never did find that out.

Niece had a big long table placed down the middle of the room, which was longer than wide. It was just like a big old farmhouse kitchen

....................... and apparently the 2 of them managed to turn it sideways. Then they moved a lovely old big armchair, and a little (ie, narrow) desk/bureau.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 26 Nov 2012 01:38

how to tell?

When you start talking to your dog/s and answering for them in a silly voice......It goes something like this........

Holding the dog......

Me.........Who is the fluffy boy?

Me being the fluffy boy........Its me Mummy......I is da fluffy boy mummy :-D

do I win? :-D