General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Amazon........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 29 Nov 2012 10:24

I ordered an Airfryer from Amazon at 5.45 last night, it arrived at 9.40 this morning. Now that's what I call good service. The bonus is my OH will be having chips for the first time in 6 weeks.

:-D :-D :-D

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 29 Nov 2012 10:27

Ahh Paula I think they are great and the service is superb. Whatever I have ordered has come in a few days. ILA :-D (I :Love Amazon) :-D

BCXX

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 29 Nov 2012 10:50

I agree, I have done 90% of my Christmas shopping from Amazon and have been delighted with all my purchases..........

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 29 Nov 2012 11:08

l ordered something Monday late afternoon/early evening and it was here 10am next morning.....Brilliant:)) Sometimes if its been an individual company on Amazon they have taken longer!!

jude :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Nov 2012 11:15

I love Amazon, but have reservations about using them now. They, along with some other well known high street outlets, legally avoid UK Corporation Tax :-|

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 29 Nov 2012 11:18

Yes I agree Det , I thought the same., not good for their image.

BrianW

BrianW Report 29 Nov 2012 11:24

Is that the Phillips Airfryer?
We have had Actifries and although they work very well, the reliability has been bad: we are on our third. Amazon have replaced either one or two.
Hopefully the Airfryer will be a better prospect for you.
But buy from somewhere like Amazon or Costco who will exchange faulty goods without too much hassle.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Nov 2012 11:27

i buy a lot from Amazon. Especially now it Xmas pressie time as cant go too far for shopping so restricted on what the local shopping centre has,. They have had shops close there too in the last year ie Clintons .shoe shops etc

I find Amazon goods very good and their delivery service excellent . I do think their packaging goes a bit overboard though sometimes in that goods come in an oversize box with loads of brown paper filling out the void in the box. Think they could cut back there.

BrianW

BrianW Report 29 Nov 2012 11:32

Amazon have drastically reduced the range of packing boxes they use which is why you often get a big box with a small item and loads of filler.

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 29 Nov 2012 11:39

@Brian We have brought the Phillps Airfryer, I have read many reviews on other makes and the Phillips just came out just slightly ahead. WE are looking forward to testing it out tonight

@ Shirley I do so agree about the excessive packaging, but I find this on so many products nowadays, not all of it is necessary.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Nov 2012 11:40

I find Amazon excellent, also QVC shopping channel which gives you 30 days money back guarantee even if you have used the product, e.g. shoes if you have worn them, cosmetics even if you have used them - they are totally hassle free and their prices and service are in my opinion without equal

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Nov 2012 15:34

Another advantage of Amazon is that when, like ours, your family lives away, they can all have a wish list for presents. Makes Christmas so much easier. :-D