General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Food Additives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Dec 2012 01:09

What are we eating and drinking?

There's a thread on here somewhere, but I can't find it.

Have a look at: http://mbm.net.au/health/200-290.htm

I just opened a bottle of soft drink with Preservative 211 in it.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Dec 2012 04:44

I hate all this stuff we consume without realising, I mentioned aspartame in a thread recently as I try hard to avoid it where possible, but it would be such a limited diet if we tried to avoid all these other things too. Oh for the simple life, eh?

Lizx

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Dec 2012 05:14

You've got that right Liz.

One of my brothers is coliac (spelling?).. he's found out the hard way just how many foods contain wheat. Scary. Eating out anywhere or trying to get something for lunch is a nightmare.

I'm allergic to peanuts. I ALWAYS read labels, it's so annoying to find "may contain traces of nuts" on packets.

I know they have to do this if (for example) plain biscuits or chocolates are manufactured on the same machines they make nutty ones......... but what sort of nuts?

:-(

David

David Report 1 Dec 2012 09:27

Far too much refined sugar

Keeps dentists in a job

badger

badger Report 1 Dec 2012 09:46

I have started making my own bread,after finding out that nearly all the commercial bakers are adding ground up human hair to the mix,seems like it gives a better consistency to mixing process ,yuk ,they don't put THAT among the ingredient list on the packets :-( Fred.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Dec 2012 10:13

White bread usually contains plaster of paris & parts of chicken feathers

Not joking!

:-0

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Dec 2012 11:55

My sister bought some pate - it tasted really nice - until I read the ingredients, amongst the vaious e-number was - connective tissue. Ugh!!

I bought the next pate........

Merlin

Merlin Report 1 Dec 2012 13:22

Only one good preservative I can recomend,Malt Whisky,avoid all the rest for health and safety reasons. :-D :-D :-D :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 1 Dec 2012 22:55

lol Merlin :-D

I agree - Whisky means "water of life" :-D

In moderation of course!