General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Royal Variety performance.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2012 20:38

Anyone watching it. We think it is the best for a few years.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Dec 2012 20:39

it's certainly looking good so far!!!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2012 21:19

Everyone else must be engrossed in it Ann :-D

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 3 Dec 2012 21:38

Must admit I am engrossed in it..
Does Des O'Connor look brown..

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 3 Dec 2012 21:59

aw im always different, i odnt normally watch it and im reminded why, im bored

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2012 21:59

A really good show with a couple of soloists I haven't heard before. Alicia Keys (I think her name was) I liked, and the girl who sang I will always love you. Robbie Williams was good too.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Dec 2012 22:06

haven't seen it all yet but everything has been good so far - have been spending time ringing the hospital to see how No: 1 son is

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 3 Dec 2012 22:07

Neil Diamond for me...and the girl who played the violin...

David Walliams is ten x better than Brucie would have been.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 3 Dec 2012 22:13

I didn't like the 3 Chinese Tenors...

otherwise it was good.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2012 22:17

I actually thought they had good voices but I am not an opera fan. I liked the way they mixed in the older stars and those long gone. Thought diversity and the other acrobats were excellent and Neil Diamond a long time favourite. And I thought David Wallum did a really good job.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 3 Dec 2012 22:38

We both thought it was the best for a long time - used the mute button on dear bruce and Rod. Could not understand a word Alicia sang. Tarby and Neil Diamond for me but they were all good.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Dec 2012 23:16

Actually I thought that Bruce was quite natural and funny tonight.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 3 Dec 2012 23:26

Never heard him Ann - the sight of him turns our mute button on!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Dec 2012 23:35

best Royal Variety ever and the Royal Albert Hall is a much better venue than the Palladium

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 4 Dec 2012 05:43

I thought it was a good show, loved Andrea Bocelli and Neil Diamond, and the Chinese Tenors too, especially their silly song, shows they don't take themselves too seriously.

I liked the way the departed celebs were remembered and the way the older ones came on too, and David Walliams did a good job as compere. Not sure why Amanda Holden had to wear so many different dresses lol but all in all an entertaining show.

The Queen looked really happy as she met the performers altho she always looks very stern when watching the shows etc. Good to see the old Duke still going strong, he won't let anything beat him will he lol?

Lizx

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 4 Dec 2012 09:08

I thought it was a bit boring actually gave up half way through...as soon as they rolled out Jimmy TarbuckI thought OMG :-(