General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

War of the Worlds

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GinN

GinN Report 3 Dec 2012 20:53

Going to see Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds at Nottingham Arena tomorrow night. I've wanted to see it for ages, I love the music. Anyone else seen it?

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 3 Dec 2012 20:55

I have it on DVD and absolutely love it. It features Justin Hayward and he still sounds fantastic. Hope you enjoy it - it would be spectacular to see on stage.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 3 Dec 2012 21:02

We've seen every tour up until now but aren't happy with the changes so we're giving this one a miss.

Big mistake to replace Richard Burton's voice with Liam's and Forever Autumn is Justin Hayward's song - no one else can sing it like he can.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 3 Dec 2012 21:13

I haven´t seen it but we do have the music it´s a great one to play back if the neighbours play "garage" to loud.

Guinevere I am with you about changing Richard Burton´s voice noway

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 3 Dec 2012 21:16

Oh have they changed it? I can't imagine it would be the same without Richard Burton's voice and as you say - Forever Autumn can't be sung by anyone but Justin Hayward :-(

GinN

GinN Report 3 Dec 2012 21:19

Well, I'll let you know when I've seen it, but I do agree with you all, it won't be the same as the original.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 3 Dec 2012 21:24

Gary Barlow now sings Justin's song including Forever Autumn. Heard Jeff Wayne talking about the new show and the new soundtrack of it. :-(

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 4 Dec 2012 06:30

Gary sings it (badly) on the new album but Marty Pellow will be singing it on the tour.

I'm sure it will still be spectacular and worth seeing for anyone who hasn't seen the original, though.

GinN

GinN Report 5 Dec 2012 10:40

Hello, all. Went to see it last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really spectacular, with stunning effects. However, you were right - Liam Neeson cannot replace Richard Burton, and the quality of his sountrack wasn't good - too loud
I've always liked Marty Pellow, but he's not a patch on Justin Hayward, even Gary Barlow's version is better
Still very worthwhile seeing, but I can't reccomend Nottingham arena as a venue -blooming uncomfortable, and much better suited to ice shows. Sitting at right angles to the action gives you a very stiff neck!.