General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

UPLIFT 2012

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 6 Dec 2012 06:55

A small book was included in our local paper, all about Uplift 2012.

No, it's NOT about the new wonder bra!

If you're a "New Ager" have a look: www.upliftfestival.com

I'm thinking of going to the Sufi Whirling. I'll have to find out what a sufi is :-D

Nah, maybe not.

I can hardly wait for Eldrick's comments ;-)

Cooper

Cooper Report 6 Dec 2012 08:51

It's the 20th to the 23rd???

Dear me I would expect a refund :-D :-D :-D :-D

Teresa

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 6 Dec 2012 09:08

It might only last 2 days.......... if we all disappear on the 21st lol :-D

I haven't found my sufi yet........... is it legal to whirl one in public?

:-D

Cooper

Cooper Report 6 Dec 2012 09:09

Ooh I dunno, maybe not in public :-D :-D :-D

Teresa

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Dec 2012 09:14

Did see a bra in LIdl this morning branded Sufi. First time I have heard that make. :-)

Why was I looking at bras in Lidl? They just happened to me next to my favourite strawberry jam ;-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 6 Dec 2012 09:26

I just googled sufi.

Wikipedia.

I definitely WILL NOT be whirling mine :-(

I might whirl my strawberry bra instead :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Dec 2012 09:34

Just googled sufi myself. I am really shocked. It appears to be one of those bras with padding inside.

I think sufi adherents are entitled to an uplift. But not to enhance their assets.

Good to have a chuckle. I hope friendly fans of Sufi feel they can also join in and investigate who is responsible for the ribbing. :-) ;-) I would like to say it was the OP SCOZZ. Spelt S-C-O-Z-Z.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 6 Dec 2012 22:04

I haven't seen any sufis around here.

Lots of Rastas, Hippies, New Agers, Surfies, Grey Nomads, Yuppies, Dole Bludgers etc. We've got a Hare Krishna community not too far away, and quite a few communes.

I had another look at the booklet. Might try the Kundalini Dance (Sacred Alchemical Evolutionary Keys). Might not. :-)

Or there's the "world-wide singalong" (my name for it, not theirs!) ~ The 24 hour Global Chant. Friday 21 December 10pm - 10-15pm ~ that's the 15 minutes for this area............. when do you start in your part of the world? lol :-)

<3

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Dec 2012 22:12

Scozz. Only interested if Status Quo are leading the 24 hour chant. At least they can play sufficient chords :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Dec 2012 23:35

Scozz- Wikipedia???? :-| :-|

You take what you want from Sufism. A god (typo - but appropriate) whirl is good for everyone :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 Dec 2012 01:11

All this talk about whirling makes me want to go back to a belly dancing class

Don't laugh!! I used to do belly dancing, and I wasn't bad at it. I've still got my "jingly-jangly" bits & pieces.

I don't do much dancing now, but I've got more belly. Pilates is more my speed these days.

:-D

John ~ I've still got my Led Zeppelin LPs, will they do?