General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

UPLIFT 2012

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 6 Dec 2012 06:55

A small book was included in our local paper, all about Uplift 2012.

No, it's NOT about the new wonder bra!

If you're a "New Ager" have a look: www.upliftfestival.com

I'm thinking of going to the Sufi Whirling. I'll have to find out what a sufi is :-D

Nah, maybe not.

I can hardly wait for Eldrick's comments ;-)

Cooper

Cooper Report 6 Dec 2012 08:51

It's the 20th to the 23rd???

Dear me I would expect a refund :-D :-D :-D :-D

Teresa

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 6 Dec 2012 09:08

It might only last 2 days.......... if we all disappear on the 21st lol :-D

I haven't found my sufi yet........... is it legal to whirl one in public?

:-D

Cooper

Cooper Report 6 Dec 2012 09:09

Ooh I dunno, maybe not in public :-D :-D :-D

Teresa

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Dec 2012 09:14

Did see a bra in LIdl this morning branded Sufi. First time I have heard that make. :-)

Why was I looking at bras in Lidl? They just happened to me next to my favourite strawberry jam ;-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 6 Dec 2012 09:26

I just googled sufi.

Wikipedia.

I definitely WILL NOT be whirling mine :-(

I might whirl my strawberry bra instead :-D

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Dec 2012 09:34

Just googled sufi myself. I am really shocked. It appears to be one of those bras with padding inside.

I think sufi adherents are entitled to an uplift. But not to enhance their assets.

Good to have a chuckle. I hope friendly fans of Sufi feel they can also join in and investigate who is responsible for the ribbing. :-) ;-) I would like to say it was the OP SCOZZ. Spelt S-C-O-Z-Z.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 6 Dec 2012 22:04

I haven't seen any sufis around here.

Lots of Rastas, Hippies, New Agers, Surfies, Grey Nomads, Yuppies, Dole Bludgers etc. We've got a Hare Krishna community not too far away, and quite a few communes.

I had another look at the booklet. Might try the Kundalini Dance (Sacred Alchemical Evolutionary Keys). Might not. :-)

Or there's the "world-wide singalong" (my name for it, not theirs!) ~ The 24 hour Global Chant. Friday 21 December 10pm - 10-15pm ~ that's the 15 minutes for this area............. when do you start in your part of the world? lol :-)

<3

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Dec 2012 22:12

Scozz. Only interested if Status Quo are leading the 24 hour chant. At least they can play sufficient chords :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Dec 2012 23:35

Scozz- Wikipedia???? :-| :-|

You take what you want from Sufism. A god (typo - but appropriate) whirl is good for everyone :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 7 Dec 2012 01:11

All this talk about whirling makes me want to go back to a belly dancing class

Don't laugh!! I used to do belly dancing, and I wasn't bad at it. I've still got my "jingly-jangly" bits & pieces.

I don't do much dancing now, but I've got more belly. Pilates is more my speed these days.

:-D

John ~ I've still got my Led Zeppelin LPs, will they do?