General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adding pictures

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 7 Dec 2012 11:02

Havent been on the site for a long time - it has changed a lot. Can you still add photos to the individuals information. Couldnt seem to do it now

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 7 Dec 2012 11:06

Yes, Read the Instructions "Complete FAQ Listing" found in the Help section at the top of this page

Roy

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 7 Dec 2012 11:15

Am I right in thinking you cant add pictures in general anymore? For example, I added some images of the northern lights a while back, but cant see a way to do that anymore. Im not talking about adding them to a tree, just for general consumption on the site.

Estelle

Estelle Report 7 Dec 2012 11:20

Hi Eldrick, yes you can add general photos. At the top of the site you'll see it says Keepsafe. If you click on this you'll see 'upload to keepsafe' in the dropdown box. Please select this option and follow the on screen instructions.
All photos are private, but as you go through the uploading process you will be able to make them public.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Dec 2012 11:20

Not sure if this will work or not...

If you add them to your Keepsafe, then make them 'public' with a unique name. It might be possible to tell people to search for that particular one.

Just going to experiment - back in a mo.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Dec 2012 11:23

Right - I've uploaded one of my previous Avatars and named it

Daffodil

No privacy limitations and unattached to a relative - see if you can find it. Search under "all media and photos" from the drop down search list

Edit - there is another one, so you need to look for the one uploaded today 7 Dec.

2nd edit - Oops! Didn't notice Estelle's response....too busy experimenting! :-D

Estelle

Estelle Report 7 Dec 2012 12:49

Hi Detective, your experiment worked! I searched for daffodil and your image is at the top of the list. We always show the most recent ones first.

Here's link to the search results: http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/keepsafe/asset/results?assettypeid=1&title=daffodil&titlevariant=2

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 7 Dec 2012 12:50

OK, many thanks for that Estelle and D!