General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Culinary Disasters...

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Dec 2012 09:27

Even if we may have been almost crying at the time, now we can cry with laughter :-D

Thank you all for sharing :-D :-D :-D

Annina

Annina Report 9 Dec 2012 14:57

I think that most of us have had one or another disaster on christmas day; like the time when the turkey was underthawed,or the next year putting the turkey in the shed to thaw in plenty of time...... only to have a warm spell and the said bird reeking to high heaven.

The chrismas when the whole street had a power cut,so all the neighbours with gas ovens desparately tried to cook two turkeys to help out.

My fav was not at christmas,but still makes me smile. My family was visiting my sister for dinner,she was very proud of her new,French casserole dish.All afternoon we were tortured by delicious smells coming from the kitchen and when we couldn't wait to be fed any longer (seven hungry children) said sister vanished into the kitchen.

As we eagerly waited there was an almighty crash and she came into the room and calmly announced, 'Dinner,is on the floor'.

She had forgotten to don her oven gloves to take out the casserole ond dropped it. :-D :-D :-D