General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Horrific though yesterday was......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 15 Dec 2012 19:17

A plot to orchestrate another gun frenzy was foiled yesterday in the US.....

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/okla-teen-arrested-school-shooting-plot

BARTLESVILLE, Okla. (AP) — An Oklahoma high school student is in custody on charges he plotted to bomb and shoot students at the Bartlesville High School auditorium on the same day 26 people were shot and killed at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Police arrested 18-year-old Sammie Eaglebear Chavez at about 4:30 a.m. Friday after learning of the alleged plot Thursday.

An arrest affidavit says Chavez tried to convince other students to help him lure students into the auditorium, chain the doors shut and start shooting. The Tulsa World reports that authorities say Chavez threatened to kill students who didn't help.

The Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise reports Chavez planned to detonate bombs at the doors as police arrived.

The school district says students were never in danger. Chavez is being held on $1 million bond.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE !!!!!!!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 15 Dec 2012 19:19

IS ANYBODY NORMAL THESE DAYS :-(

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 15 Dec 2012 19:21

i have no words

what goes thro there minds?

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 15 Dec 2012 19:41

It baffles me Stray. I really can't get my head around it......and in the vast majority of cases it appears to be a *boy* commiting these atrocities....wonder why that is?

Some are saying on the www in the comments sections from the US that they feel too much publicity is given and background about the people that do this..I wonder if anyone else feels that may be a contributing factor.?......(obviously as well as loads of other factors too)

Bloody odd way to want to leave your mark on the world imho. :-(