General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

phillips sonicare toothbrush

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 17 Dec 2012 23:54

does anyone have one, and are they any good? thinking of spending some of my christmas money on one. its on offer at the moment for £80.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 18 Dec 2012 00:04

my son bought mine
yeah they are ok as long as you remember to charge it up

but the new heads are very exspensive

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Dec 2012 00:05

I bought an electric toothbrush (though not a Phillips - it's a Oral thingy on offer in B**ts), but find the heads are more expensive than the brush!!

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 18 Dec 2012 01:03

I got one. I found my teeth felt so clean after using it before bedtime.
The following morning after breakfast I realised my filling had dissapeare
I thought I must have swallowed it. Went upstairs to clean my teeth, closed the bathroom door and saw my filling on the tiles behind the door. So my on offer toothbrush cost me £45 at the dentist who did 2 more tiny ones while I was there.
So if you have any loose fillings get them sorted first and then you will love the toothbrush lol. :-D

Jean

Jean Report 18 Dec 2012 01:18

i have an oral b at the moment. change the heads on a regular basis. but i dont think its doing much good. sick of having to pay to visit the hygenist 3 times a year.dont mind paying for my yearly check up, descale and polish were included, but not anymore. i would hate the thought of having false teeth. my m.i.l had all her teeth taken out because her hubby had. they used to remove good teeth in them days, so i am told. also when heart surgery was in its early days, all teeth were removed before the op.. i wonder why?

Jean

Jean Report 18 Dec 2012 01:25

sylvia, had my check up last week. all was ok with my teeth, but i need a deep clean. so i dont think the oral b brush is doing its job...will have to get rid and get something better for my teeth and gums.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 18 Dec 2012 04:47

For many reasons I hadn't been to the dentist since just before Christmas 2008. I went a few weeks ago and only had to have a clean(descale) and polish. I asked the dentish if I would be better with one of those battery brushes and she said I was doing such a good job manually it wasn't worth spending the money. I had been looking at the Oralb ones that have been half price for a while but won't bother now, will just attend the dentist more regularly. My o.h. has a battery brush, the second one he has bought but he still has to go frequently for descale and polish so not sure they are worth bothering with. His seems to be constantly on charge.

Lizx

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 18 Dec 2012 08:31

The best electric toothbrush is the Oral-B for a few pounds from J.S, Boots etc. When after quite a while the batteries go just get another. The special bristles also auto floss.
No need to spend a lot.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 18 Dec 2012 10:31

OH and I have tried several Oral-B seem to be the best for us.

Mayfield :-D
P.S.
I wish my teeth were as good as the smiley, they are a product of the NHS. Years ago it was a filling every time you went. Now you seldom get one, makes you wonder how many were really needed.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 18 Dec 2012 11:13

Mine is an Oral B got it 2years ago. regular visit to
dentst (6 months) and only need a polish every now and again.
Find Oral B works for me as manual brush was not doing such
a good job due to me having arthiritis in hands.

Emma x

GinN

GinN Report 18 Dec 2012 14:50

Never looked back since starting to use Oral B rechargeable brushes about 6 years ago. Never needed an indepth clean at the dentist since - says I'm doing a good job, and my teeth certainly feel clean. Yes, the heads are expensive, but look out for special offers. I've found the best type of head is the "flossing action" one, which really does what it says.

Lynda :-D

Jean

Jean Report 18 Dec 2012 23:45

i am dreading having a deep clean done. so have ordered the sonicare brush, in the hope that i wont have to have the deep clean. as a smoker my teeth soon get dirty, plus it dosnt do my gums anygood. have quit twice before...but thats another story.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 19 Dec 2012 11:42

Jean I hope you find the toothbrush helps. Have you tried the smokers toothpowder I think it is called eucryl . I have never had to have a deep clean done on my teeth and I am pleased because people say it is unpleasant. Just you watch now when I go in april I will need one. lol. Take care.

Jean

Jean Report 20 Dec 2012 01:06

sylvia i will get some smokers toothpowder to use with the new brush. i just hope it saves me from having the deep clean done. also think its time to try and quit smoking again...

Kay????

Kay???? Report 20 Dec 2012 09:10

they are only as good if you use one properly,,,,,,,,

they take some getting used to.......

becareful with the smokers toothpowder it is gritty and can scratch the tooth surface,,,,,,,,as told by dentist,,,,,,,use the same brand but smokers paste one or pearl drops,, once or twice a week ,along side a good all in toothpaste.....

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 20 Dec 2012 09:52

I've had one for years and I love it.

Jean

Jean Report 21 Dec 2012 01:12

thanks to all, have taken advice on board. will let you know if it does what it says on the tin...