General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Boring topic I know but

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 18 Dec 2012 18:28

Does anyone have an LG washing machine?If so are they good .I am looking at a new one.LG F1296TD,but can't find any reviews .I think it is a new model.But generally I'd like to have any comments on that make.I have always had Hoove* or Hotpoi** up till now.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Dec 2012 18:31

take a look here it may help

http://www.which.co.uk/home-and-garden/laundry-and-cleaning/reviews-ns/best-washing-machine-brands/lg-washing-machines/

Jane

Jane Report 18 Dec 2012 19:09

Thanks Shirley.Will take a look :-D

GeordiePride

GeordiePride Report 18 Dec 2012 19:22

I do not know what price range you are looking at but I would wait until the January sales and you might get a bargain. I bought a Bosch about 9 years ago in the sales (reduced by £100) and it still works perfectly well. I mentioned this on another thread but if you have your heart set on a certain brand then go for it.

GP

Jane

Jane Report 18 Dec 2012 19:47

I cannot wait.....Have been without washing machine,freezer and tumble dryer for a month now since we were flooded.The money from the Insurance should be here this week and the first thing I must have is the washing machine !!!!.I don't have my heart set.My mind is just boggled with all the technology info that I was given when looking :-S :-S
I hadn't even heard of LG lol.They certainly aren't cheap.The model I was looking at is £500.
I might hang on for the tumble dryer and freezer though for the sales.I have borrowed a small freezer from my neighbour and have been using a collection and delivery service for my washing which is blooming great ( I could get used to that) lol

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 18 Dec 2012 19:53

Yes I have an LG,they are good because they don't have a drive belt. We have been really pleased with ours. My daughter bought a different LG model when she needed to replace hers ad she is pleased with it as well.

Jane

Jane Report 18 Dec 2012 20:27

Thanks Linda :-D.
I think the man said the drum works on a magnet !! not a belt......I 'm afraid all the techno stuff just goes over my head.(shame on me really) :-S

Jean

Jean Report 21 Dec 2012 01:32

i would go for an "A" rated one. but not one that has 12 different cycles. you will find that you only probably use 2 or 3 of them. i would not pay £500 for a washing machine, £300 would be the most i would pay.would also wait for the sales, you may get a bargain.