General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Watching TV tonight I was reminded ......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Von

Von Report 19 Dec 2012 20:51

of my part in the school nativity play. It was a non speaking part as a TREE :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Were you ever in a school play and if so which part did you play?
Von

Jane

Jane Report 19 Dec 2012 21:03

I played many parts .none that I would like to remember lol.But today I found a photo of my son (now nearly 27) .He was on stage dressed as a Christmas pudding!!.Poor little soul didn't look too impressed :-D.I think he was 5 at the time :-D :-D.He is now a 6ft 2 "strapping young man ......I must show him that pic ;-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Dec 2012 21:22

At Primary school, I was one of two Hollyhocks. We both had our growing spurt before the others.

Shame they all carried on after we'd stopped. :-0

Jane - that photo sounds a good one to bring out around the Festive table

Von

Von Report 19 Dec 2012 22:22

Jane
That made me giggle. Does he remember the occasion?

I remember being quite miffed that I wasn't one of the main characters ruined my acting career. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
Von

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 19 Dec 2012 22:33

Sigh .... I was a lion. My only 'speaking' part was to 'roar' which sent me into a fit of coughing :-(
First and only appearance - still can't figure out what a lion had to do with the Nativity though..... :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Dec 2012 23:34

Never had an 'acting' part - was a narrator once.

My grandson was Joseph last year at pre-school.
This year, at 'big' school he's been demoted to a sheep!!

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 20 Dec 2012 00:27

I was an angel - arms crossed against my chest till numb

The following year behind the screen in the choir which I preferred especially as Ivor Cutler the Scottish poet who took a most irreverent view of most things was tinkering the keyboard

My Youngest granddaughter is a donkey this year - non speaking parts only for year 1 she says proudly :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Dec 2012 00:28

Ivor Cutler :-D :-D

I'm jealous :-P