General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GYPSIES

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 19 Dec 2012 22:44

Four years ago I put up a thread about my mum going to see a gypsy at a fair about 30 years before and being told that she would live till she was 86. This did not worry her till she got to 85 the she drove the family mad and it did not matter what we told her she did not believe us.

Anyway I am pleased to say that she will be 90 on christmas day, I am spending the whole of christmas with her from friday till about thursday my daughter is coming down on sunday and doing a a surprise party and then her chidren over the christmas. So a lessen to learn dont believe what the gypsies tell you THEY LIE.

Happy brithay mum for christmas day. <3 <3 <3

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 19 Dec 2012 22:52

well that's great news - hope your Mum hs a great day on Christmas Day

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Dec 2012 23:10

Is she looking for a husband?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Dec 2012 23:31

:-D Sharron!

Linda, did the gypsy mention a new love?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 19 Dec 2012 23:33

wonder who you have in mind Sharron ;-)

Linda

Linda Report 19 Dec 2012 23:34

Dont think so, when the subject comes up she says my bodies my own I wonder how me and my brother and sister got here,

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 19 Dec 2012 23:37

i went to see a gypsy in a seaside town in 1979 age 16,i had just met my future husband(i didnt know that then)he stood outside while i went inside,she told me that i would marry the boy waiting outside,we would have 4 children,i would become a nurse(i wanted to be an accountant at the time)we would be ok but never rich,and we would have 4 grandchildren,two girls abd two boys,that shocked me because at the age of 16 your not thinking of grandchildren.

32 yrs later,everything she said has come true.
i did marry him,
we had four children,
weve always been happy,but never rich,
i did become a nurse,
we have two grandsons and one granddaughter,and have just been told that our daughters next baby due march,is a little girl. :-D :-D

Linda

Linda Report 20 Dec 2012 02:01

Now that is lovely Suzanne, when she told my mum she would live till she was 86 that seemed a long way off to my mum then cos she was in her late 40s but she never forgot it and I have a BIL that kept on saying not long to go now, in the end my brother had to have words with him. when I rang her up on her 86th at my brothers first she said to me I knew the gypsies where wrong

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 Dec 2012 06:13

Well good for her - I am glad the gypsies were wrong lol

Hope you have a great time celebrating her birthday as well as Christmas and I wish your Mum many happy returns of the day

Lizx

Kense

Kense Report 20 Dec 2012 09:28

What were the Gypsy's exact words? Did she say anything about dying at 86. If not then the prediction was true but also misleading. :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Dec 2012 09:51

Congratulations to your Mum on reaching a marvellous age, I hope she, and you, enjoy her birthday and Christmas celebrations.

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 20 Dec 2012 10:48

When I was 19yrs I was really brave..... I was dared by my friend to see a Gypsy in an old rambling cottage ...boy was I scared. Well only to be told that if I messed around with my boyfriend ever again I wouldn't be worthy of getting married in WHITE !! LOL.

Boy I ran out of that cottage quicker than when I went in .....I thought to myself 'how does she know what I get up too' ..LOL.

That boyfriend was my Hubby to be ... :-D...and I got married in WHITE !!

Barbra

Barbra Report 20 Dec 2012 11:34

Hope your Mum & yourelf & family have a great Christmas ,Happy Birthday for the 25th enjoy x Barbra :-)

Carole

Carole Report 20 Dec 2012 12:33

Congratulatioms on your Mums 90th bithday.
My aunt was told by a gypsy that she had a face that would never get old. Did she mean she would die young, or that her skin would stay nice? Well auntie will also be 90 in April!

Linda

Linda Report 20 Dec 2012 21:07

Congratulations to your aunt for April Carol, its a good age to get to.