General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The dreaded spell check

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 20 Dec 2012 23:24

This is one paragraph in a letter I received today from one of the largest construction companies in the UK.

'Lastly I would sincerely like to thank you for your support and patients over the past couple of months and wish you a Merry Christmas and an even happier New Year from the entire team at ******************'

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Dec 2012 23:26

Are they building a Hospital? :-D

aivlyS

aivlyS Report 20 Dec 2012 23:26

lol :-)

Island

Island Report 20 Dec 2012 23:27

You haven't been body snatching have you? :-0 :-0

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 20 Dec 2012 23:33

:-D :-D...........Sis construction company...........Lego ?..... ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Dec 2012 23:36

When there is not much work for the hod carriers they have to work as secretaries.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 20 Dec 2012 23:43

I am going to email them tomorrow with my counter thanks for the letter and point it out *evil smile*.

Talk about you just can't get the staff..lolol

I wonder if they check their contracts by proof reading or just rely on technology, the results could be very amusing but costly :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Dec 2012 23:46

Have you been tripping people up in the street, Sue? :-D

It's a bit sad when such a basic error is made.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 20 Dec 2012 23:57

No Maggie there have been major stabilisation works at one end of our road so we have the large machinery going past to complete the pilings. Doesn't bother us because we are well away from the works. Although our road has been closed except for residents but parking has been a pain.

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 20 Dec 2012 23:57

Are you suggesting they did not whistle when you walked past..

Carol ;-)

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 21 Dec 2012 00:02

ROFLMAO Carol I am a bit old for that :-( I'm more likely to whistle at them ;-)

The site manager visited us in the house cos I am special :-D I was so tempted to ask for some of their mobile numbers in case I had hit the floor but hubby was too close to do so discretely. Hubby would just have said "what so they can bring a crane and to you up?" :-( :-( :-D :-D