General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MORNING FROM NOW

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 21 Dec 2012 08:39

JUST MORNING EVERYONE,WELL YOU CAN LAUGH YOUR HEAD OFT IF YOU LIKE BUT YOU KNOW MY
BELIEFS,WELL WAS HOPING FOR A "THATS JUST
A WARNING SHOT" WELL IT WASNT BIT MORE
SERIOUS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND IM ALMOST PANIC MODE,
REST REST REST.SO IF YOU CAN MANAGE IT AND CAN
SPARE SOME REST.IM'A BEGGING,.
LOVE FROM DIZZ XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

David

David Report 21 Dec 2012 08:44

Morning Dizzi
Try crossword puzzles,they often send me to sleep x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Dec 2012 09:15

Morning Dizzi, try not to panic as the stress will likely aggravate the situation. Can only say I am sending you lots of calming ((((((((hugs)))))))) <3 and hope your situation improves.

Island

Island Report 21 Dec 2012 09:24

Morning Dizzi

I don't think I'm going to be able to use any rest this weekend so you're welcome to mine.

Do take it easy, it's only christmas, there will be another one next year - even for the Mayans

Take care :-D :-D :-D <3

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 21 Dec 2012 09:41

Good morning Dizzi. Take advantage of the opportunity to rest and hopefully you will soon be back on form. Sending warmest wishes to you. Keep smiling :-D :-D

Paula x

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 21 Dec 2012 09:48

Morning Dizzi....as we all say...but I know it's hard,try to relax and let others run around you.When you've been an active person it's difficult to slow down..
Stress causes problems.Im just learning and as going to daughters Im steeling myself to let them run around me for a change.

You take care and rest over the holidays...thinking of you.
Brenda x x

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 21 Dec 2012 09:53

Dizzi. You are getting so much better by the day, it seems. Amazed at how you have fought. Amazed that you are posting a long OP like that so soon. Please take care.

Just hope that these appointments on 27th and in the next few months show a continuing improvement in your general health and you can tickle our tastebuds through 2013 and beyond :-D :-D :-D

And do not worry if you don't feel much like posting. Hundreds (literally hundreds) are with you all the way, and just want you to continue to improve ay your leisure. :-D

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 21 Dec 2012 10:26

Morning Gwen

Try listening to an audio book.......I can highly recommend Time travellers guide to medieval England or Time travellers guide to Elizabethan England By Ian Mortimer .....great to listen to and be transported to times gone by.....and also great to fall asleep to.

And remember......there is nothing to fear but fear itself :-D

AnnMarieG

AnnMarieG Report 21 Dec 2012 10:35

Until I was told to rest,rest,rest I never realised how tiring and boring it could be.But at least you are on the mend. :-D :-D

Annx

Annx Report 21 Dec 2012 13:13

Nice to see you back and well enough to post. Dab some lavender on your pillow and get your head down for a few nice naps. Jigsaws pass the time if you can do one.......lots of christmassy ones about now. :-) :-)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :-) :-)

Mo in Kent

Mo in Kent Report 21 Dec 2012 16:44

Hi Dizzi,
When I pick up a book to read, I can guarantee I will fall asleep at the interesting bit, and then be really p'd off when I wake up, and have lost me page.
Hope you can relax yourself, and get some rest. Luv Mo

kandj

kandj Report 21 Dec 2012 19:58

Hello DIzzi
I personally know that it is not easy to sit back and delegate, but you must try to "swich off" and grab hold of this special time that is yours. Remember that you have been very ill and now need lots of R & R so slowly does it. Tell yourself that the hare has turned into a tortoise (at least for now ha ha).
Sending you gentle hugs xx

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 21 Dec 2012 20:04

Dizzi don't panic I will be back in the UK in Jan .. :-D :-D :-D :-D

Seriously don't panic Dizz each day as it comes until you are strong enough to shout at us all again.

Take care and have a good festive holidays.

LollyWithSprinklez

LollyWithSprinklez Report 21 Dec 2012 20:16

Think audio books and crosswords are a great idea

I know how difficult it is to rest under orders!!

I wonder if a short audio course involving one of your interests might be an option on your crimbo list? :-)

Best Wishes x

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Dec 2012 23:50

I would recommend Radio 4 Extra :-D :-D

Stories, and old (sometimes very old :-| ) comedy shows,

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 22 Dec 2012 00:29

Hi Dizzi
It's good to see you posting again, I'm so pleased you're on the mend :-) :-)

I would recommend listening to Radio 4 or Radio 4 Extra....there are so many lovely plays and stories on there, not forgetting the Archers of course :-D

Or audio books....you can get some fab stories, including the classics - my current favourite is Pride & Prejudice.

Take good care of yourself,
Karen x

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Dec 2012 01:21

Have to admit, on a Sunday morning, 8 am - choice of - Radio 4,'Mornng service', Radio 4 extra - the 'Clithero Kid'.

I just go back to sleep - which is the best 'cure' for you, Dizzi !! :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 22 Dec 2012 02:21

G'Day Dizzi <3

A nice big comfy chair, a rug over your knees, a cup of whatever you fancy and a nice soppy chick-lit........... and let everyone else do the christmas work!

Now is the time for selective deafness :-D

You've probably run around after everyone else for every Christmas, now it's your turn to be pampered <3

Look after yourself, and keep strong <3