General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kinder surprise eggs...................

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paula+

Paula+ Report 21 Dec 2012 21:55

The massacre of so many children in the Cincinnati last week, provoked national outrage that some see as marking a tipping point for sweeping federal legislation to restrict weapons and ammunition and a law requiring background checks on buyers before all gun purchases. But in a sign of the political difficulties that lie ahead, both the NRA (National Rifle Association) and all pro-gun Republican senators and congressman have remained silent. I was interested to read that Kinder surprise eggs have been banned in the USA , to buy or sell them is illegal.
:-S :-S

Tracey

Tracey Report 21 Dec 2012 22:31

YES THAT RIGHT--THEY CLAIM THE SURPRISE INSIDE IS DANGEROUS TO CHILDREN :-S :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Dec 2012 23:38

Irony lives......

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Dec 2012 23:59

coudn't make it up could you :-S :-S :-S

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 22 Dec 2012 00:15

WOT??!!! :-0 :-0

I'm speechless

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 22 Dec 2012 00:31

Health and safety..........*coughs*

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 22 Dec 2012 02:23

Kinder eggs?? How ridiculous. They ban Kinder eggs, but you can buy a gun in KMart (I know, I saw them!)

Typical.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 22 Dec 2012 09:31

I personally think the two different issues shouldn't be compared. It doesnt make it less right that small kiddies lives are saved by banning kinder, & its not been done at the expense of banning guns thats a separate issue.

Lots of things are banned each year. I remember kids choking on those small toys years ago, & TBH Ive never seen someone use these toys to deliberately kill children.

I hate guns, always have & but if you think about it its far easier to ban toys which are dangerous than to ban guns in a country where most people own guns & guns are readily available.

Hope they find a way or compromise to make the USA a safer place, but I feel their gun culture has gone too far.

Edit - apparently these kinder have never been allowed into the us.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 22 Dec 2012 09:32

YOU WHAT, oh my god l don't believe it......????!!!!! and don't forget, Noddy was banned here for being violent....
l'm speechless for once!!

jude :-S :-S :-0 :-0

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 22 Dec 2012 09:34

MIldred.....thats a very valid point!!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 22 Dec 2012 10:54

Do Kinder still make the "giant" eggs for Christmas?

In Germany many years ago, I saw a woman in a supermarket, weighing them!

I wondered why, then realised she was looking for the ones with bigger toys.

She had a basket full.

:-D

Paula+

Paula+ Report 22 Dec 2012 12:41

Mildred I can see your point about chocking, but having tried to open a Kinder egg it is really not very easy and I suspect most toddlers would have difficulty without adult help. My OP was to demonstrate the some of US bizarre laws.

It is part of the US Constitution (2nd Amendment I think) for the right to bare arms, and I am really not in a position to comment on this, but I sincerely hope that the latest tragic events of last week will cause for the Act to be reviewed. I have a friend who was in USA in October and she saw Guns on Sale in a supermarket, but did not see any Kinder eggs.

I also have to add that I have never seen anyone go on the rampage and kill six adults and twenty children with Kinder eggs.