General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

martynsue

martynsue Report 23 Dec 2012 14:38

i had to post this after watching the new's.

to all member's who are suffering at the hand's of our weather,
i hope thing's get better so you can at least have some peace at christmas,

thing's are not bad on the east coast in norfolk,but the poor people who are on the west coast & cornwall area's my heart goes out to you all,

sue

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 Dec 2012 14:49

Not just Cornwall either, Devon and Dorset have been badly hit too, and Somerset. Poor people to have their homes and their Christmases ruined.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Dec 2012 14:57

and in the Vale of Glamorgan too - really bad, houses flooded in Boverton, woman nearly drowed in her car in a river in Llancarfan

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 23 Dec 2012 14:59

I saw the floods on the news and my heart goes out to all the families affected, and they say its going to get worse.

Cant begin to imagine what it must be like to be flooded out like that especially now.
I hope they all keep safe and well.

martynsue

martynsue Report 23 Dec 2012 18:53

just watched the new's again,

the river's are moving so fast it is quite frightening.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Dec 2012 05:18

It's awful that so many people have been affected by the constant rain. To think that early last year we were being told there would be a hosepipe ban in many places and now people are losing their lives, their livelihoods and their homes because of the rain is crazy. Even flood defences have proved inadequate in places. Makes you wonder what's happening with the weather, it's certainly different and more extreme than we have known in the past, I think.

I hope there will be lots of help for all those needing to find new homes or get their insurance claims in quickly.

As you say, Sue, count our blessings indeed.

Hope you are well now after your medical problems. Was in Heacham early in December just for four nights, it was good to be back.

Lizx