General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tablet

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 26 Dec 2012 22:32

a cheap table to meet you basic computing needs tesco is doing a n 8inch nachos 80 cobalt touchscreen tablet .this post has been done on it. I have also been able to load view and edit my gr tree on it. The table is selling just under £50 . The ideal toy for when your stuck in bed or just lazing in the garden. I brought on today as a late Xmas pressy to myself I'm well chuffed with it

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 26 Dec 2012 23:20

Robert - do you mean Archos 80? tried googling as I would be very tempted but that was all I could find?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 26 Dec 2012 23:39

Hmmm was that tablet soused in a single malt, i wonder? ;-)

Robert

Robert Report 26 Dec 2012 23:39

Yes I mean Archos 80

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 26 Dec 2012 23:45

thanks! I'll go to a few comparison sites while I think buyers' views are always interesting!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Dec 2012 05:31

It's no longer available, sadly, as it was a one day only offer for Boxing Day. Seems a lot of people were buying the top limit of three so they could sell the spare ones on ebay.

Lizx

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 27 Dec 2012 09:20

Yes -clicking around after midnight I found "offer finished"! it is obviously very new, though still llowpriced, better to wait and get some user reports. Robert was obviously pleased but he'd only had it a few hours.

Robert

Robert Report 27 Dec 2012 14:04

I was very supprized with it , the battery lasted a full 10 hours , loads of free apps to down load, such as a kindle app, so now I'm using as an reader . I didn't expect muchfor £50. But was supprized you do have to spend a fortune to get quality