General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cold?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 3 Jan 2013 00:59

Come to Australia this week!

:-D

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/01/03/10/00/week-long-heatwave-to-hit-australia :-D

It won't get that hot where I live, but we're expecting mid 30C.

The Border Reiver

The Border Reiver Report 3 Jan 2013 15:43

Hi Scozz,
You're in the wrong place. Here in God's Country between Christmas and New Year we had seven days in succession with the temperature over 37C.
I definitely had no trouble staying up to see the new year in - it was too hot to sleep.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 3 Jan 2013 15:54

*Grits teeth and shivers! shurrup!! :-D

GRMarilyn

GRMarilyn Report 3 Jan 2013 16:20

My Brother is in PERTH ....40degrees !! Phew What !!!!!!!

Its too hot for me..... :-S

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 3 Jan 2013 16:26

:-| rub it in why doncha

GinN

GinN Report 3 Jan 2013 17:00

Well, I think we're having unseasonally mild weather! Where are those lovely, bright, still and frosty mornings?
Nothing but dull days and rain. :-\

BrendafromWales

BrendafromWales Report 3 Jan 2013 17:51

Been lovely for 2 days here in N Wales .around 12 c Going down Conwy Valley tonight to my night out...hurrah havent been to my jazz night since October..getting withdrawal symptoms.....quite happy with this temp...don't like it above 30c.
It is winter here aFter all..hope it stays that way!

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 6 Jan 2013 21:32

I've lived in hot places & cold places.

I don't want to see snow again, and I had enough of 40+C temperatures

Now I live in the sub-tropics, and I'm not moving! :-D

Michelle

Michelle Report 7 Jan 2013 08:58

Our high 20's during the day here in NZ don't seem so bad, when I see the 40+ that Australia is getting.

I did see a report on the news that the average temperature for Russia during November was -3C (brrr)

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 7 Jan 2013 16:33

Well, it's 45 and dry here in Rhondda in S Wales. Think we are due for temp to drop into 30's at weekend. So warmer that NZ and about same as Oz. ;-)

So far, this is mildest winter I can remember. And only a few weeks till St Davids Day (1st March)