General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

bloomin jobsworth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 4 Jan 2013 14:58

I have just been stopped by a hobby bobby and told off for littering and threatened with a fine.

The crime?

I was walking through town and had some discarded chewing gum stuck to the sole of my shoe so I promptly removed it.

He ordered me to pick up the offending half digested sweet treat and pop it in a bin about 100 yards away. Fortunately no innocent elderly ladies were attacked or mugged during the making of this incident.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Jan 2013 15:14

typical - pity they don't get these chewgum spitters - not those of us who are unlucky enough to tread on said stuff - good for you for doing it - I would have stood my ground [probably stuck to the pavement anyway] and refused to touch it!!

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 4 Jan 2013 15:19

I think your lucky to get away with just putting it in a bin Errol.
There was a lady in town the other week she had her baby in the pram ,
anyway she was talking to someone with her back to the baby and the baby threw/dropped a childrens book out of the pram as babies do ,
This security man came up to her and handed her a £70 pound fine ,
she picked up the book but it made no differance she still had to pay the fine
and he was non to polite to her either .
Hazelx

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 4 Jan 2013 15:33

It happened in Glasgow last year too.
A £10 note fell out of a man's back pocket and he was handed a fine for littering!

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 4 Jan 2013 15:36

She should have refused because he had no jurisdiction. It's the same as "security" people who try to hand you a fine for parking too long on a free car park. They make their money because most people pay due to the fact that they are ignorant of the actual law and fear that they will get a "record" if they do not pay.