General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

bloomin jobsworth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 4 Jan 2013 14:58

I have just been stopped by a hobby bobby and told off for littering and threatened with a fine.

The crime?

I was walking through town and had some discarded chewing gum stuck to the sole of my shoe so I promptly removed it.

He ordered me to pick up the offending half digested sweet treat and pop it in a bin about 100 yards away. Fortunately no innocent elderly ladies were attacked or mugged during the making of this incident.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Jan 2013 15:14

typical - pity they don't get these chewgum spitters - not those of us who are unlucky enough to tread on said stuff - good for you for doing it - I would have stood my ground [probably stuck to the pavement anyway] and refused to touch it!!

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 4 Jan 2013 15:19

I think your lucky to get away with just putting it in a bin Errol.
There was a lady in town the other week she had her baby in the pram ,
anyway she was talking to someone with her back to the baby and the baby threw/dropped a childrens book out of the pram as babies do ,
This security man came up to her and handed her a £70 pound fine ,
she picked up the book but it made no differance she still had to pay the fine
and he was non to polite to her either .
Hazelx

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 4 Jan 2013 15:33

It happened in Glasgow last year too.
A £10 note fell out of a man's back pocket and he was handed a fine for littering!

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 4 Jan 2013 15:36

She should have refused because he had no jurisdiction. It's the same as "security" people who try to hand you a fine for parking too long on a free car park. They make their money because most people pay due to the fact that they are ignorant of the actual law and fear that they will get a "record" if they do not pay.