General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

printing family tree and keepsafe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Jan 2013 00:33

Hi i'm in need of advice; how can I print the whole of my family tree? i've tried but it only prints one page hence most of the tree is missing, i've played around with different options but had no luck so far :-S also if i've saved documents to my 'keepsafe' will they stay there forever or will they be deleted once my subscription has ended?
Thanks
Donna

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 6 Jan 2013 12:14

There have been ongoing problems with the tree printing facility on here for over 1 year now.

Your tree and 'keepsafe' remains even if you give up your subs. You will become a FREE member, which means you will still be able to access & amend your tree. The tree is part of the site which has always been available to free members.

You will be able to read threads, but I think not reply.

Hope someone with more knowledge also replies. :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Jan 2013 12:23

From a thread on Suggestions

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1315730

Genes Advisor Report 28 Dec 2012 10:13

Hi Madeline,

each tree view that we offer is printable. So you can print the Pedigree view, the Ancestors view and so on. In the top right hand corner of the tree you'll see an image of a printer. If you hover your mouse over it you'll see it says 'Print your tree'. Please click on this to print it out.

If you do need any help please contact [email protected]. Our customer support team will be more than happy to help you.

Kind regards,

Estelle

So by ommission, the implication is that you can't print off a full tree. Many would advise not to as you would need reams of paper and an aircraft hanger to lay it out....unless you have a really small tree. Even trees with 240 people ( the size the system is supposed to support) will take many sheets of paper as the printer 'Squares things off' ie with blank pages