General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Messages sent to members/non-members

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbinsglos

Barbinsglos Report 6 Jan 2013 15:50

Hello SueV and welcome

I have several messages outstanding not having been opened by " members" and so have lots of others on here

What I am really upset about is that I found an absolute surety on here and sent them a post. It was opened almost immediately but no reply back. After a week I sent another just in case something had gone astray. Also opened within an hour or so but nothing. Not even a thanks but no thanks. If members have got their tree here but do not want any contact then GR should know and maybe put a stop on.

Have had my little rant now LOL

Good luck :-D :-D

SueV

SueV Report 6 Jan 2013 15:35

Thanks Rose. Its only been a couple of days since I sent message but had this nagging doubt that if they were no longer a paying member then the mail would not be sent. Thanks for respon lolding. I will try and be patient

SueV

SueV Report 6 Jan 2013 15:35

Thanks Rose. Its only been a couple of days since I sent message but had this nagging doubt that if they were no longer a paying member then the mail would not be sent. Thanks for respon lolding. I will try and be patient

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 6 Jan 2013 15:28

If GR has a current email for them they will still be notified, even if they are not now a paying member. Unless they have deleted their account completely ( in which case you wouldn't be able to send a message anyway )

SueV

SueV Report 6 Jan 2013 15:23

Can anyone help. I want to know that if someone who has posted on the site is no longer a member, does that mean that my message will not be sent to them. :-(