General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TO PUT THE RECORD STRAIGHT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 6 Jan 2013 15:57

JUST TO PU THE RECORD STRAIGHT
I BEEN HORRIBLE ABOUT MY OH,IF IT WASNT FOR HIM
I WOULDNT BE HERE TWICE HE CALLED 999
AND SAVED MY LIFE,
HE SPENT DAYS AND NIGHTS AT MY BEDSIDE
SINCE I HAVE BEEN HOME HE HELPS OF A NIGHT GETTING HARDLY ANYY SLEEP
I CANT THANK HIM ENOUGH

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 6 Jan 2013 15:58

HIS LIFE HAS CHANGED TOO

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 6 Jan 2013 16:04

But you are here Dizzi and he loves you - it is not easy either side of the fence. I put up a thread yesterday 'if you are being cared for'. Might help I do not know.

I just know it is not easy to know you are no longer independent and to be grateful it is a loved one who is doing the caring.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 6 Jan 2013 16:16

Well, to be honest, Dizzi, I thought he was an unfeeling monster the way you described him, but I am relieved to find he has been a good support to you when you needed it. Now, go repent! :-D

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 6 Jan 2013 16:22

That's nice Dizzi, good to see he is stepping up to the mark & looking after you the best he can. It's good to see you are both looking out for each other.

You probably would like to wake up in the morning to find you have a clean bill of health, but in the real world it will be a while before you are back to how you would like be. It won't be easy my friend, but if anyone can do it then you can. You have many friends on here & around you as well as family that will help you if thay can. You're OH is probably finding it hard to know what to do or when to do it, but you can help by gently guiding him & talking to him about as to what you need when you need it & why you ask him to do some things you don't normaly ask. You can both ring here any time you like.

OMG I think I just showed others The Black Knight cares for some people, that's my reputation gone now :-D :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Jan 2013 16:23

But when they need us or we need them then mostly they come up trumps.

yes we can get a bit down on em at times and feel they dont understand us but when all is all they love us to bits no matter what.

I am a carer now as some of you know and sometimes he gets me all of a dither and I want to throttle him but when push comes to shove we are there for each other,

Am sure your hubby is too Dizz

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jan 2013 16:28

Good to know he has come up trumps when you needed him Dizzi. And well done for admitting it on here.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 6 Jan 2013 16:37

some dont know what they have have till they nearly lose it ;-)

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 6 Jan 2013 16:38

A very true saying & well said Joy

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 6 Jan 2013 16:42

i know this first hand Ron
so i count my blessings everyday :-D

kandj

kandj Report 6 Jan 2013 17:39

Well done Dizzi's hubby, coping daily with serious illness isn't easy, just remember to keep up the good work both of you xx

Paula+

Paula+ Report 6 Jan 2013 19:59

I am with you Joy I also count my blessings every day. <3