General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Last Ever Series of Time Team

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 6 Jan 2013 20:23

Tonight saw the first episode in the current and last series of Time Team.

In fact this show was the last filmed, but C4 decided to show it first.

Such a shame to lose this great show.

Wonder how many of the young 'diggers' on this current series, decided to take up archealogy because they watched and enjoyed the early series.

Shame on C4 - money cited as one of the factors, costs approx. 1/4 million to produce each episode and as it is not reality TV where they make money from the public calling in they have decided to axe it. :-P

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 Jan 2013 21:12

LOL I can remember Tony on Who Dares wins...........stark naked, a mere slip of a lad...........

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 6 Jan 2013 21:57

Loved it in early days when it was low budget and fun.

Seemed to get very serious recently - lots of checking things out with the authorities and huge teams, not always getting on with each other.

Kenneth Kendall's recent death reminded me of how great Treasure Hunt was when Anneka Rice was running around and we all had our maps and reference books out.

How I wish someone could resurrect the fun of those early days and find young Tony's and Anneka's :-D

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 6 Jan 2013 22:33

Have to agree with all you've said John. I loved Treasure Hunt, it combined my love of travel, geography, history and research.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 6 Jan 2013 22:37

PP, I'm sorry this will be the last series though. I watch repeats on a regular basis even if I've seen them several times before. I can always find something new in them.