General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Recycling Christmas/greetings cards

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jan 2013 12:51

do you recycle yours? my neighbour has all my cards and recycles them and sells them for a local hospice and cancer charity - I then buy them back :-) Much better than throwing them in the bin - she does a superb job with them and they come with envelopes

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 Jan 2013 12:59

Not from family and close friends as I attach sentiment to them.......daft I know but by this I have the last cards I had from my mum....

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 10 Jan 2013 13:00

not daft Kay - I still have the last birthday card I received from my husband - bring it out on my birthday sometimes!!!

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 10 Jan 2013 13:05

For the past few years I have taken my old cards to the local school where I work as a volunteer. The children cut them up with Pinking scissors and make book marks and gift tags and then they are sold for the charity school fund.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jan 2013 13:23

Some I recycle myself as cards for the following year, some that are no good for re-making go in our recycling collection bin. We can recycle all cards and wrapping paper that is not 'foiled'. Cards from us to each other I keep for sentimental purposes.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 10 Jan 2013 13:26

i keep the previous years so i can go through them and make sure i dont miss anybody
but soon as this years cards are wrote

i recycle the years befores :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 Jan 2013 14:23

Oh AnnC,,,thats lovely and do the same myself...... :-)

GinN

GinN Report 10 Jan 2013 21:44

I'm afraid I take the easy way out, and put them in the Christmas card recycling bins at one of the local supermarkets - at least its better than binning them. When my daughter was young, we used to make gift tags out of them to use the next year.