General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP!! Text size

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

HLH

HLH Report 11 Jan 2013 20:38

Apologies if I've already posted this, but am bit of a novice & may have put it in the wrong place!

I want to print the answers I have received to my query on my research, but the text is very small. I've gone onto 'tools' and altered the font size there, but it still prints out small. Has anyone any suggestions, please? We have Windows 7.

I've also tried copying the text & trying to paste into a word document, but it doesn't copy the text.

HELP!!!!

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 11 Jan 2013 22:11

HLH, it may be result of the format you have received your answers in.

If they are, for example, a picture (even though it looks like a document), you won't be able to resize in document format.

Presuming you have saved the answer in your Documents folder:
Open Documents to show the list of doc's you have in there
Scroll down to the one you are trying to read and highlight, but don't open it.
Once highlighted, click your right mouse button and look for 'Properties',
Right click on Properties, and in the frame that appears it will tell you what the document format is (Type of File is .... such as .pdf, ,jpg .odt etc) The format can determine what programme you need to open the file.

Any problem, let me know.

:-)

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 11 Jan 2013 22:17

OH says use snipping tool and save it in a word document.

Go to the ball with the flag, bottom left hand corner. Hit that and you will see a list come up and 3rd down is snipping tool.

Hope it works for you :-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Jan 2013 22:19

you need to alter the font size/ and enlarge on your printer settings which is quite easy to do,before you print off.
but you'd be better to save the article to your PC first as a document,

.........any on screen enlargement will stay its default size when you print off....

HLH

HLH Report 12 Jan 2013 19:13

Mmmm...thanks for your replies. I've tried saving to my PC, but it only puts the images on, and not the text.

Secondly, the snipping tool I can't get it to go to the end of all the text. It doesn't seem to allow me to move the curson down the page. Is there a shortcut key?

Yours in further anticipation!

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 12 Jan 2013 19:30

Sent a PM :-)