General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Not much take up then?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wisechild

wisechild Report 12 Jan 2013 07:28

Had an e mail from Genes yesterday quoting the "Share your knowledge" thread.
Doesn´t look like they´ve had much response.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Jan 2013 10:43

Me too. but I,m not interested in showing myself on camera . bad enough catching glimpses of myself in shop windows and thinking Blimey girl you are fat & looking old and more like Mum every day.

Was saying the same to daughter on Saturday and she said I keep seeing myself and thinking I look like Mum !!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Jan 2013 11:05

Same as Shirley - there are far better researchers on this site than I.

If anyone has volunteered, well done for having the confidence.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Jan 2013 11:21

I got one too!!

Andrew

Andrew Report 12 Jan 2013 11:25

And me.

Andy

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 12 Jan 2013 11:27

Hadn't read it and didn't realise you were on film. Must get down to it and apply straight away :-D :-D Not done any show business since Buttons aged 18. :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Jan 2013 11:29

They'd probably want you to have used the GR held records for your research, not talk about other subscription sites or sources :-0

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 12 Jan 2013 12:29

I have not used GR records, DET. But can act to a script and am extremely photogenic. And have never visited Cannes. I could have a late career like Albert Tatlock :-D ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Jan 2013 12:38

Had one a couple of weeks back but ages since I did any research and never used the records on here so didn't bother.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 Jan 2013 13:19

Got this email from them about 2 weeks ago, just ignored it.

I help out via these community boards, do not need to be filmed for a bit on this website or fb.

Margee

Margee Report 12 Jan 2013 14:07

I got the email a couple of days ago. If they looked at their records they'd know that I live in Canada. Are they planning to fly over here to interview me?

wisechild

wisechild Report 12 Jan 2013 14:38

I live in Spain Margee & haven´t been to England for 5 years.
Think they´d pay my fare & accommodation if I volunteered?
Mind you, I too only have basic membership, so I´m probably not what they are looking for......quite apart from frightening the horses. :-D