General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Not much take up then?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wisechild

wisechild Report 12 Jan 2013 07:28

Had an e mail from Genes yesterday quoting the "Share your knowledge" thread.
Doesn´t look like they´ve had much response.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Jan 2013 10:43

Me too. but I,m not interested in showing myself on camera . bad enough catching glimpses of myself in shop windows and thinking Blimey girl you are fat & looking old and more like Mum every day.

Was saying the same to daughter on Saturday and she said I keep seeing myself and thinking I look like Mum !!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Jan 2013 11:05

Same as Shirley - there are far better researchers on this site than I.

If anyone has volunteered, well done for having the confidence.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Jan 2013 11:21

I got one too!!

Andrew

Andrew Report 12 Jan 2013 11:25

And me.

Andy

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 12 Jan 2013 11:27

Hadn't read it and didn't realise you were on film. Must get down to it and apply straight away :-D :-D Not done any show business since Buttons aged 18. :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Jan 2013 11:29

They'd probably want you to have used the GR held records for your research, not talk about other subscription sites or sources :-0

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 12 Jan 2013 12:29

I have not used GR records, DET. But can act to a script and am extremely photogenic. And have never visited Cannes. I could have a late career like Albert Tatlock :-D ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Jan 2013 12:38

Had one a couple of weeks back but ages since I did any research and never used the records on here so didn't bother.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 Jan 2013 13:19

Got this email from them about 2 weeks ago, just ignored it.

I help out via these community boards, do not need to be filmed for a bit on this website or fb.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 12 Jan 2013 14:07

I got the email a couple of days ago. If they looked at their records they'd know that I live in Canada. Are they planning to fly over here to interview me?

wisechild

wisechild Report 12 Jan 2013 14:38

I live in Spain Margee & haven´t been to England for 5 years.
Think they´d pay my fare & accommodation if I volunteered?
Mind you, I too only have basic membership, so I´m probably not what they are looking for......quite apart from frightening the horses. :-D