General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Got It Happening

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Jan 2013 01:02

I have mentioned a couple of times I know that I have been doing some mediaeval research. It has grown and is quite a large topic now but I have been having a big problem with writing it up.

Something at primary school put me off getting anything down on paper,can't remember what, and I have always found it difficult.

Several times I have tried to get this bit of research written up on the computer and found it impossible.People have even offered to help me but to no avail.

This afternoon I was sitting at the kitchen table writing out my shopping list.There was a loose-leaf pad on the table and I started to write up my research from my head.

It is flowing out of my hand like a waterfall at the moment and I am wondering if it is because I am using a pen and draft copy has to be hand written in my mind. Would like to be down there scribing away at this very moment really.

As long as I can get the bones down I can type it on to the computer and put on the flesh. So excited about this and am going to have to get all the notes together.

Oh I do hope I can keep up the momentum this time.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 13 Jan 2013 01:05

Go for it Sharron!!

Well done :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Jan 2013 01:09

Well done Sharron :-D

I find it easier to write things down, then type them up - hence I have lots of pieces of paper with 'things' written on them :-S

Mum must have found the same - hence the 4 very large boxes of genealogy stuff I now have - one containing pictures, letters and things like ration cards! (from my gran's house), the other three containing notebooks and paper with writing on - and CD's ,where, I hope, she's transferred the handwritten notes :-0

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Jan 2013 01:19

That's exciting for you Maggie. A veritable treasure chest.

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~ Report 13 Jan 2013 14:20

Well done Sharron :-D