General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Big Issue

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 14 Jan 2013 12:52

A 23-year-old man was charged last night with the murder of two Big Issue sellers who were fatally stabbed in Birmingham city centre.
Wayne Lee Busst, 32, and Ian Watson Gladwish, 31, were both killed on Friday evening in front of hundreds of people in rush hour. One of the men was found outside a branch of Sainsbury's in Martineau Place while the second was found slumped a few yards away by a branch of Boots in Union Street. The dead men were both from the city and remained there to sell the magazine. They were popular at the charity's Birmingham office and staff were said to be deeply distressed. I often saw the man outside Sainsbury's, he was there every day; he was always pleasant and thanked you if you purchased a copy of the magazine.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 14 Jan 2013 13:30

Do not have a Big Issue seller locally.

Always bought one where I used to live. Actually quite an interesting magazine.

The sellers are always polite and friendly.

Wonder what the motive for the killing is.

wisechild

wisechild Report 14 Jan 2013 14:17

When I lived in B´ham I was quite friendly with one of the Big Issue sellers outside Paradise Forum, because for 9 years I passed him morning & evening as I was going to & from work.
Also knew several of them in other parts of the city centre by sight. They were mostly very friendly & polite.
Don´t suppose I knew either of these poor souls as it´s 7 years since I left England, but feel for them all the same. They are very vulnerable.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Jan 2013 15:47

How sad, there are some evil people around. I wonder if the man charged was another homeless person, maybe some sort of feud. Still no excuse as to why people feel life is so cheap these days.

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 14 Jan 2013 16:07

A man has been charged and being held in police custody, it has not been disclosed what the charges are. Lots of speculation locally as you can imagine, but no-one really knows the full story at this stage. These poor chaps did not have a lot and were trying to earn an honest wage. I think is tragic for anyone to lose their Life in this way.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 14 Jan 2013 16:42

Two young men who no doubt had had bad lives so far but were trying to make something of themselves. Very sad story :-(