General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

View tree matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jan 2013 18:52

Hi
I've just joined GR and so far found it very good. However I'm struggling with the 'view tree matches' purple star. Once I've put in a member of the family a little star pops up with a number on it. When I click on the star it tells me how many records there are for that person and how many tree matches. So I click on the 'view' box and then the whole thing disappears.

So my question is how do I see/contact a member who has the same person on their tree as me.

Many thanks

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Jan 2013 18:59

Not sure if it might be the case here, but have you checked that after you have clicked on 'view' box, the details haven't opened in another window ...which might be shown at the bottom of your screen? I did find that myself, but it may vary, perhaps according to which browser you use?

otherwise you can use the 'Search' (top right of screen) for searching trees, using the name and dob of your relatives to see who else has them in their tree.

Susan

Susan Report 7 Jan 2015 19:56

Having the same problem,any more ideas.

Kense

Kense Report 7 Jan 2015 20:07

Susan, have you looked at the original page you had open when you selected Family Tree? That should have changed to show you the tree matches.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Jan 2015 20:07

Mine opens in the original tab, the one I've accessed the tree from.

If the same isn't happening for other people, it might be best to ask for help from GR

Email them at [email protected]

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 7 Jan 2015 20:26

Mines working OK...
Windows 8.1
Browser: Internet Explorer 11

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 7 Jan 2015 21:57

The screen with the matches on is underneath the one with the tree on. If you shrink the top one to mid-size you can see them both and look at whichever one you want.

It took me quite a while to discover this!! :-) :-) :-)