General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Radstock

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Jan 2013 23:03

Is there anybody from Somerset who can tell me please why I can't find Radstock or even it'd hundred of Kilmerston in the Victoria County Histories for Somerset?

It turns out that OH,henceforth known as Adge, and who has a father is a proud Yorkshireman, is part of a family that comes from Somerset.

SheilaWestWilts

SheilaWestWilts Report 24 Jan 2013 23:21

Sharron - I can't find it either and have looked for some other towns in that area, they are absent too! Perhaps 'they' haven't processed it yet...

I hope 'Adge' loikes his zoidurrr :-D.

There are local 'jokes' about Radstock, but I wouldn't insult your intelligence!

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Jan 2013 23:31

I don't come from Radstock. Go on,insult it.

If you can't put them on here send me a message.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 24 Jan 2013 23:41

Is this any help ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radstock

:-D

Island

Island Report 24 Jan 2013 23:42

I missed the t and thought it was something you put on a radiator :-0

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Jan 2013 23:49

I've looked on Wiki thanks Island. That was how I found the name of the hundred.

SheilaWestWilts

SheilaWestWilts Report 25 Jan 2013 00:02

Well, the local band is a couple of guys - quote 'award winning inbreds' unquote - called 'The Cleverly Brothers' identical twins aged 54 and 56 who live on 'Twelve Toe Estate' :-D.

Nuff said, lol

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Jan 2013 00:06

Thatcould explain an awful lot.

Island,could you pass on what I said to Mr Magoo please?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Jan 2013 00:30

OMG - Radstock is near a Midsomer - Midsomer Norton to be precise - there must be murderrrr near there, according to the TV :-|